East Africa Highlights
- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Delve into culture and meet the locals at Maasai village.
- Come face-to-face with the legendary Big Five.
- Experience the natural thrill of wildlife encounters.
- Spend the evenings at your enchanting safari camp.
- Day 1: Nairobi
- Day 2: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Day 3: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Day 4: Lake Victoria
- Day 5: Serengeti National Park
- Day 6: Serengeti National Park
- Day 7: Karatu
- Day 8: Karatu
- Day 9: Arusha
- Day 10: Arusha / Nairobi
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Intrepid Travel
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They travelled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles including basix, original and comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveller no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown but their mission remains the same: to change the way people see the world through sustainable, experience-rich travelRead more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ABen B· September 18th, 2019The experience was fantastic and John's leadership and the sense of family & community he created was incredible. However I would've liked if we got to spend more time talking to Alex and Juma during our down time, as they spent so much time cooking and... Show moreTrip date: July 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAreti K· September 18th, 2019Generally well organised, plus tour guides good at managing back-of-house work and contingencies without stressing the group. Also, itineraries that intrepid offer appeal to usTrip date: July 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAislinn K· September 18th, 2019The trip included many different areas and landscapes and was very enjoyable.Trip date: July 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAsano F· September 18th, 2019Normally I would give a top score, however, we were sick the whole trip (not Intrepids fault). There was no rest time to recover and we had to get up very early many days to see the wildlife and go on a balloon ride, so we could not recover.Trip date: July 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AChia-Ling C· September 18th, 2019The trip exceeds our expectations. We were introduced to the different aspects of African cultures. Saw amazing landscapes and wildlife beyond expectations. The crew was professional and we felt comfortable at all times.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ATanvi W· September 18th, 2019Our guide, Julius Leteele was exceptionally good with his local knowledge. He went out of his way to make sure we were secure and informed at every step of the way. Our chefs, Godfrey and Jeremiah provided delicious and nutritious food sourced locally... Show moreTrip date: June 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ASarah &· September 18th, 2019The group leader, the two chef and the driver were just great. We got a lot of good and funny Facts about the Wildlife and the culture of the Maasai people. The group was great and had a good composition (8 people). The Food was excellent.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- APamela R· September 18th, 2019Great guide, great Cook, great driver. Excellent itinerary. Experienced local culture as well as animals and birds.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AGrant M· September 18th, 2019The trip was a good mix of cultural experiences and wildlife. Julius and the crew were fantastic. The whole trip was made even better by them. The food was also great.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- On RequestFriday19 May, 2023Sunday28 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,125
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday9 Jun, 2023Sunday18 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,085$3,268Only Pay $99 Deposit
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday23 Jun, 2023Sunday2 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,535$3,6280% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Friday7 Jul, 2023Sunday16 Jul, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,535Only Pay $99 Deposit
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday14 Jul, 2023Sunday23 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,455$3,5640% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday21 Jul, 2023Sunday30 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,415$3,5320% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday4 Aug, 2023Sunday13 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,455$3,5640% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday18 Aug, 2023Sunday27 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,370$3,4960% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- -20%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday25 Aug, 2023Sunday3 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,415$3,5320% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday1 Sep, 2023Sunday10 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,2050% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Kenyan ShillingKenya
- Tanzanian ShillingTanzania
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types G, D, M. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types D, M. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for type G.
- Type GKenya and Tanzania
- Type DTanzania
- Type MTanzania
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever - Recommended for Kenya. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 23rd, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 23rd, 2023, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intrepid Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Intrepid Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Africa
- Tanzania Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Mt Kilimanjaro Northern Circuit Route (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Overland Travel Companies (Based on 1576 Reviews)
- 10 Best Overlanding Trips 2023/2024
- Africa from Nairobi
- Africa Overland Truck
- 10 days Africa
- From Nairobi to Arusha
- Operators in Africa
- East Africa Highlights Tours in Tanzania
- Overland Truck Tours
- Northern Circuit Tanzania Tours
- Tanzania Tours
- Africa Tours
- Overland Truck Tours
- Safari Tours
- Wildlife Tours
- Big Five Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Northern Circuit Tanzania
- Kenya tours
- Tanzania tours