TourRadar Terms and Conditions
Introduction and Scope of Services
Updated: September 1st, 2021
TourRadar GmbH, based in Vienna, Austria ("TourRadar"), operates a website under www.tourradar.com (including its social media channels and mobile applications, jointly the “Platform”) where travel operators (“Operators”) can offer, promote, market and sell package tours within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302 to users and registered users of the Platform (the “Traveler” or “you”). Travelers can also use the Platform to evaluate and compare Operators and their tours, participate in competitions, write reviews and enjoy other related offers (together “TourRadar Services”).
These terms and conditions apply to all TourRadar Services and govern the rights and obligations arising out of the Traveler’s use of the Platform.
- TourRadar operates the Platform on which Operators can offer and market travel services such as multi day tours, cruises, adventure trips, luxury travels and other travel activities (individually or jointly “Travel Adventures”)
- The TourRadar Services are solely for persons who are aged 18 years or older. Any access to or use of the Platform by anyone under 18 years is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Services and the Platform you guarantee that you are 18 years or older.
- If you are acting on behalf of a company or another legal entity you guarantee that you are legally entitled to accept these terms and conditions in their name.
- TourRadar Services are only available for private, non-commercial use. It is not allowed to sell, re-sell, re-use or commercially use content, information, software, products or services available on our Platform.
- Further, it is prohibited to:
- Use bots, crawlers, scrapers or other automated means (besides authorized use of our API) to access or interact with the Platform or generally collect data or content not in connection with your booking.
- Circumvent established security or technological barriers in place to protect the Platform and it’s content.
- Decrypt, decompile, reverse engineer or copy the website and Platform.
- Otherwise compromise or damage the Platform and its proper functioning.
Content and Intellectual Property
- TourRadar may, in its sole discretion, permit you to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit text, graphics, images, video or other materials (“Content”) on the Platform and through the TourRadar Services. By making available any Content, you agree that TourRadar may use the Content on the Platform, in particular for promotional materials and publications. You hereby grant to TourRadar a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publicly display or otherwise use the Content for the aforementioned purpose. TourRadar does not claim any ownership rights in any such Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit the Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all Content that you make available on the Platform or through the TourRadar Services. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (a) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to TourRadar the rights in such Content, as contemplated under these terms and conditions; and (b) neither the Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the Content or TourRadar's use of the Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- It is not allowed to upload or submit Content that (i) is illegal, pornographic, incites hate, obscene or defamatory; (ii) contains commercial content, especially advertisement or marketing for other good or services (iii) infringes intellectual property rights of others (iv) contains viruses, malware, trojan horses or other infested files.TourRadar is not obliged to check any Content ex-ante. Content that violates this clause can be blocked or removed immediately without notice.
- TourRadar and registered users can terminate the usage contract anytime with immediate effect. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your account.
- In case of a termination TourRadar is not obliged to delete or revert any content posted by the Traveler on the Platform.
- Rights and obligations of existing Travel Adventures are not affected by such a termination.
B) Terms for Travel Adventures - The Role of TourRadar
- The combination of travel services offered to you are packages within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302.
Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. The Operator will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Additionally, as required by law, the Operator has to have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes insolvent.
More information on key rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302 here.
- The Travel Adventures are independently created, offered and carried out by the Operators at their own discretion and responsibility. TourRadar is solely acting as a commercial agent for the Operators. TourRadar is not an Operator, nor a provider of Travel Adventures, nor a representative or proxy of an Operator nor an insurer. TourRadar does not own, sell, resell, furnish, provide, manage or control any transportation, tour or travel services and does not act as an agent to the Travelers.
- TourRadar has no control over the behavior of Operators, Travelers and other users of the platform.
- It is the responsibility of the traveler to be in possession of a valid travel identification along with any necessary visa at the time of the travel. The Traveler is also responsible for compliance with applicable health requirements and recommended or obligatory vaccinations.
Conclusion of a Contract, Documents & Information
- Travel Adventures are booked directly with the respective Operator. The current Operators terms and conditions apply.
- By clicking on “Book now” you are submitting a binding offer for the selected Travel Adventure to the respective Operator. The Travel Adventure contract is concluded by the Operator accepting your offer (“Booking”). In this case the contract is concluded directly between the Traveler and the Operator. The contract text and your booking data are saved by TourRadar to process the contractual relationship.
- The Operators will confirm or reject a booking request within 24 to 72 hours during which time your offer is binding. As soon as the booking transaction is completed (including successful (down) payment), the Traveler receives a booking confirmation via email with a summary of the contract.
- Booking on request: In certain circumstances you are informed that a booking is “on request” (which is usually the case with Travel Adventures booked shortly before the start of the trip). In this case the Operator needs up to 5 Business days to ensure that all components of the Travel Adventure can be confirmed. In case of such a Booking on request the Traveler is bound to his offer until the Operator either accepts or rejects the booking. The Operators’ cancellation and payment terms apply from the moment of your request. If the request is accepted, you will be billed for the full amount. If the Operator cannot confirm your request, you will receive a full refund of any amounts already paid.
- Special requests by the Traveler are non-binding, as long as they have not been confirmed by the Operator. TourRadar will forward special requests and inquiries of the Traveler to the Operator. A binding performance commitment however is only available upon confirmation by the respective Operator.
- When using the TourRadar Services, you undertake to provide all required personal information in a timely, complete and truthful manner. In particular, you will provide upfront information on all circumstances and restrictions affecting the performance of the services by TourRadar and the Operator (e.g. special needs such as food intolerance, restricted mobility or state of health).
- Travelers who make a booking for themselves or on behalf of third parties (such as fellow travelers) through the Platform are deemed to be the client and, in the absence of any other declaration, accept the obligations arising out of their use of the Platform under these terms and conditions. By using the TourRadar Services for himself or others, the Traveler agrees to inform those others of these terms and conditions. The Traveler accepts that he is responsible for all bookings and travel reservations made by anyone under his control. The Traveler guarantees that all information that he provides directly or indirectly through third parties is true, complete and accurate and that the Traveler is not an unaccompanied minor. Any exploratory, manipulative, speculative, false or fraudulent booking (inquiry) is prohibited without restriction.
- The Traveler undertakes to check all contractual documents transmitted by means of the TourRadar Services (e.g. travel contract, booking confirmation, vouchers) for factual correctness and completeness (spelling mistakes, e.g. name, date of birth, special travel requirements) and to report any recognizable errors or defects in the activity of TourRadar immediately.
- Travelers with restricted mobility, pregnant Travelers and Travelers who require special medical care must inform TourRadar of their special needs at least 48 hours before the start of the journey.
- Travelers must immediately report any perceived breach of contract, so that the respective Operator can be put in a position to quickly remedy any non-conformity which can be addressed with reasonable effort. The Traveler is advised to file any complaints in writing using the TourRadar Services and in particular the Booking Management Page. If the Traveler fails to report a lack of conformity, it can be prejudicial to the Traveler. The mere report of a lack of conformity alone does not trigger any legal obligations on the side of TourRadar or the Operator.
- The Traveler is obliged to pay the contractually agreed fees in due time and will indemnify and hold TourRadar harmless for any damage caused by delay.
- The Traveler must inform TourRadar without delay in the event that he receives payments arising from claims for damages or price reduction due to breach of contract.
- If applicable and available, certain Operators offer the opportunity for Bookings to be paid (wholly or partly and as required under the payment policy of the Operator) to the Operator during the Booking process by means of secure online payment (all to the extent offered and supported by your bank). For certain products and services, TourRadar facilitates (through third party payment processors) the payment of the relevant product or service (i.e. the payment facilitation service) for and on behalf of the Operator (TourRadar never acts nor operates as the merchant of record). Payment is safely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of the Operator through a third party payment processor. Any payment facilitated by us for and on behalf of, and transferred to the Operator will in each case constitute a payment of (part of) the booking price by you of the relevant product or service in final settlement of such (partial) due and payable price and you cannot reclaim such paid monies.
- TourRadar reserves the right to offer to the Traveler particularly advantageous payment options (e.g. installment payment models) itself or through a payment service provider. If you accept, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions specified and communicated by TourRadar or the payment service provider.
Trip cancellations and refunds
- If the Operator does not confirm the requested Booking or if an Operator cancels an existing Booking, all authorizations made on the Traveler's (credit) card will be automatically released and/or all amounts collected through another payment method will be refunded to the Traveler within 14 days.
- As soon as the Operator confirms a Booking, the Operator’s cancellation and payment conditions apply. Please read the important information on the Booking Detail Page, Booking Management Page and in your booking confirmation regarding the Operator's terms and conditions carefully. Any cancellation must be made through the TourRadar Services (booking management page).
- Complaints and claims from the Traveler in relationship to Travel Adventures will be handled by the Operators via the TourRadar Services.
Important information on insurance for package travel
- When booking Travel Adventures well in advance, unforeseeable things can happen. TourRadar recommends that all Travelers conclude the following insurance policies which are not part of any Travel Adventure:
- Travel cancellation insurance in order to minimize financial risk in case of cancellation by the Traveler before departure.
- Travel interruption insurance in order to minimize financial risk in case of a travel interruption by the Traveler after departure
- Adequate health insurance
C) TourRadar Reward Programs
- TourRadar's Referral Program allows you as a traveler to invite friends who currently do not have a TourRadar account and who have never booked with TourRadar before (‘Friends”). Friends will earn discounts and/or travel credits if they make a qualified booking: Friends will receive a discount of ($50/£50/€50/₹4000 - depending on your country) off their first booking in case they book directly with TourRadar using your unique invite link or invite code.
- The following restrictions apply:
- Members of TourRadar’s affiliate program may not simultaneously collect travel credits via their invite link.
- To accumulate and redeem travel credits you must maintain a TourRadar account in good standing.
- You may share your unique invite link via email and social media to friends and family. You may not share your unique invite link or invite code on public forums or coupon sites, otherwise TourRadar may terminate your account.
- Violations of these terms and conditions may also lead to forfeiture of the credits in your account.
- TourRadar reserves the right to cancel, revoke, or otherwise prevent the issuance of travel credits in any suspected case of fraudulence or misuse of this program and does not need to provide any details or explanation.
- TourRadar reserves the right to modify or discontinue the referral program either temporarily or permanently (or any part thereof) at any time. TourRadar is not liable to you in the event of any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this program.
- Travel credits are not redeemable for cash or equivalents.
- TourRadar's promo codes and travel credits cannot be applied on existing confirmed bookings.
- TourRadar's Loyalty Program allows you as a traveler to earn TourRadar travel credits (“Travel Credits”) in the amount of ($50/£50/€50/₹4000 - depending on your country) after every booking with a gross booking value of at least ($1000/£1000/€1000/₹87000) made on TourRadar. Travel Credits will be deposited into your account after the respective Travel Adventure and may only be used as a discount for future Travel Adventure bookings.
- Bookings of Travel Adventures with more than 8 people and bookings of Travel Adventures with a gross booking value of over ($10000/£10000/€10000/₹870000) are excluded from the Loyalty Program.
Travel Credit Spending
- A Traveller can only pay for 5% of the gross booking value of any Travel Adventure using Travel Credits. If a Traveller has more Travel Credits than the capped allowance the remainder of the Travel Credits will remain in the Travellers account and can be used for additional bookings.
DIscretional Travel Credits
- TourRadar may in its sole discretion provide Travel Credits. These Travel Credits can be used on the same basis as outlined above for the TourRadar Referral and TourRadar Loyalty programs.
Discretional Promo Codes
- TourRadar may in its sole discretion offer promo codes from time to time. Unless otherwise stated they have an expiry period of 30 days from implementation of the offer. Promo codes can only be used for bookings on the same basis as outlined above for the TourRadar Referral and TourRadar Loyalty programs. Only one promo code can be redeemed per booking and they can not be combined with Travel Credits.