European Encounter London Base (16 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,070
- Marvel at wondrous Lake Lucerne
- Explore Venice's labyrinth of waterways
- Wind along the French Riviera coast
- View iconic Paris atop the Eiffel Tower
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- eltea08Written on January 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip exceeded my expectations of a contiki tour! Everyone in the group were so lovely and friendly. Trip manager Cameron and driver Reuben have been more than great throughout the entire trip.Show detailed ratings
- JSJulianWritten on April 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhere do I start!? Megs is hands down the best tour manager you will ever have. From her bubbly personality and warm smile, she makes you feel at ease straight away. Her level of knowledge is insane and blows you away. She is not only knowledgeable and informative, but she is so much fun to go out with and enjoy a night out as well. Any tour you have with Megs I will guarantee will be three times as good as you could ever imagine!Show detailed ratings
- WPWarrenWritten on April 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour was an incredible way to gain a snapshot of Europe and meet some amazing people along the way. In particular the tour manager Megs was fantastic. She has an uncanny ability to lift your spirits when the hectic pace of Contiki starts to get on top of you. Her knowledge of every country we visit is mind blowing, and in the unlikely circumstance she is faced with a question she cannot answer, she makes sure you have the answer before the day is out! Megs's love for travel is obvious in her introductions to each country and the meticulous effort she puts into her day sheets. Megs was the life force of the trip and I can't imagine having enjoyed myself half as much if she wasn't my tour manager!Show detailed ratings
- MRMikeWritten on April 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was incredible and surpassed all my expectations! Contiki made sure I experienced as much as humanly possible in the time allotted, and there was no excuse not to have fun. I had the best time of my life on tour with Contiki!Show detailed ratings
- LHLincWritten on April 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip surpassed all expectations, from the people I shared it with to our tour manager whose energy holds no limits. Every day was a new and exciting adventure. Megs has certainly motivated me to do another contiki in the future!Show detailed ratings
- JMJamesWritten on April 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentBefore I started my European encounter I had stepped foot on the bus filled with excitement, expectations and worries about the fact I was about to be thrown on a bus with up to 50 people I didn't know. It is now safe to say that my excitement was warranted. My expectations were blown out of the water and my worries were not needed. From day 1 Megs made everybody feel at home with each other. Throughout the whole tour she made it a fun, cultural and rewarding experience without once breaking her composure. Her personality illuminated every moment and not a single bus trip was the same. Anybody looking to try a contiki or continue with contiki would be lucky to have Megs as their TM.Show detailed ratings
- LLeenaWritten on April 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentMe & my partner had lots of expectations from this tour..European encounter... but this trip went far beyond that.. It was such an amazing experience that I referred the tour to so many friends. The reason,this tour was soo exciting because of megs of course... she was so passionate about the places we were going & made sure that everyone enjoyed it. Always helpful & bubbling with laughter.. like sunshine... I would definitely like to go with megs again for next contiki..Show detailed ratings
- ZFZoranWritten on April 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentHands down best trip of my life! At first I was sceptical to see 11 countries in such short time, not knowing what to expect from Hotels, people on the bus, travelling solo. However as soon as I met up with tour manager and our group everything was so easy and comfortable. Every day was planned out perfectly, your only responsibility is to show up on the bus on time. Everyone got along like a family. Accommodations were definitely more than what I expected. The included meals and excursions were amazing. I could go on and on about the positives of this trip, but would probably turn into writing a book! :) I don't have one regret, or any complaints when it came to this Contiki trip. Would do it over and over again, and never get bored! Met some of the most amazing people, that will probably be long life friends. Already planning other vacations together! Megs was the best tour manager we could have asked for, if it wasn't for her the trip would not have been what it turned out to be! Everything was always planned out, every day laid out with times and what we do in each location. Megs always had positive energy no matter what and made the atmosphere on the bus and off the bus that much better with her high energy and her presence! She was very knowledgeable when it come to history of every place and could assist you with any question that you had. If i wanted to do something on my own in a city she would plan ahead and let me know where I can go see it and how to get there. I would definitely do another Contiki especially with Megs as tour manager! She always went above and beyond for every single person on our bus, and made every situation that much more easier and more fun. Thank you for everything Megs, hope to see you again!!Show detailed ratings
- LLipeeWritten on April 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentI booked my trip last minute not knowing what to expect. I was really nervous on the first day but Megs was amazing and made this an unforgettable trip! She was cheerful and had a great attitude everyday. She always went out of her way to help everyone. Everyday when she talked on the microphone were some of the best moments on the trip. She would make you laugh so hard that you cried. If I book another trip though Contiki I would 200% want Megs to be my Trip Manager!Show detailed ratings
- MRMitchellWritten on April 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe had low expectations upon departing for our tour bit Megs made our tour exceptional. Great information provided, fun and bubbly personality and an uncanny ability to lift any mood. Over all, Megs has been the best tour manager we have ever had.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Berlin
- Day 3: Berlin
- Day 4: Berlin to Prague
- Day 5: Prague
- Day 6: Prague to Salzburg
- Day 7: Salzburg to Venice
- Day 8: Venice to Rome
- Day 9: Rome
- Day 10: Rome to Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Italian Riviera
- Day 12: The Riviera to Lucerne
- Day 13: Lucerne
- Day 14: Lucerne to Paris
- Day 15: Paris
- Day 16: Depart Paris
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Discovery Plus:see it all & do it all with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Is a triple share room possible for this trip?
Yes, the pricing is based on a triple share so we can certainly request for the trhee of you to be roomed together on this amazing tour. Please contact us to arrange this.
- February 1, 2016
What is the age range for this tour?
This tour has a strict age restriction for 18-35 year olds only.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Eleanor G4th February 2018
European Encounter London Base (16 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- ThursdayMay 10, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to London10+ seats left$138USD $3,315
- ThursdayMay 10, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$138USD $3,315
- FridayJun 8, 2018from London24 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Paris0 seats left$249USD $5,971
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to London0 seats left$142USD $3,397
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Paris0 seats left$142USD $3,397
- FridayJun 15, 2018from London24 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Paris8 seats left$252USD $6,058
End Paris, 24 Days, with Seine Experience version
- ThursdayJun 21, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to London10+ seats left$991$3,539-28%USD $2,548
- ThursdayJun 21, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$991$3,539-28%USD $2,548
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from London17 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$142USD $3,397
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from London17 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to ParisOnly 1 seat left$142USD $3,397
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Austria , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 June 2018 the full payment of $2,070 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2070 for European Encounter London Base (16 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 358 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 19 km
- Edam (Netherlands)
- 651 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 235 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 215 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 321 km
- Nice (France)
- 300 km
- Lyon (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,070 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,733 tours in Europe
- covered by 202 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Encounter London Base (16 Days)