European Encounter London Base (16 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,138
- Explore the red haze of Amsterdam
- Jaw dropping Swiss Alps towering above
- Enjoy the stunning Cote d’Azur clear waters
- Eiffel tower and Paris by night
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- eltea08Written on January 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip exceeded my expectations of a contiki tour! Everyone in the group were so lovely and friendly. Trip manager Cameron and driver Reuben have been more than great throughout the entire trip.Show detailed ratings
- JSJulianWritten on April 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhere do I start!? Megs is hands down the best tour manager you will ever have. From her bubbly personality and warm smile, she makes you feel at ease straight away. Her level of knowledge is insane and blows you away. She is not only knowledgeable and informative, but she is so much fun to go out with and enjoy a night out as well. Any tour you have with Megs I will guarantee will be three times as good as you could ever imagine!Show detailed ratings
- WPWarrenWritten on April 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour was an incredible way to gain a snapshot of Europe and meet some amazing people along the way. In particular the tour manager Megs was fantastic. She has an uncanny ability to lift your spirits when the hectic pace of Contiki starts to get on top of you. Her knowledge of every country we visit is mind blowing, and in the unlikely circumstance she is faced with a question she cannot answer, she makes sure you have the answer before the day is out! Megs's love for travel is obvious in her introductions to each country and the meticulous effort she puts into her day sheets. Megs was the life force of the trip and I can't imagine having enjoyed myself half as much if she wasn't my tour manager!Show detailed ratings
- MRMikeWritten on April 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was incredible and surpassed all my expectations! Contiki made sure I experienced as much as humanly possible in the time allotted, and there was no excuse not to have fun. I had the best time of my life on tour with Contiki!Show detailed ratings
- LHLincWritten on April 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip surpassed all expectations, from the people I shared it with to our tour manager whose energy holds no limits. Every day was a new and exciting adventure. Megs has certainly motivated me to do another contiki in the future!Show detailed ratings
- JMJamesWritten on April 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentBefore I started my European encounter I had stepped foot on the bus filled with excitement, expectations and worries about the fact I was about to be thrown on a bus with up to 50 people I didn't know. It is now safe to say that my excitement was warranted. My expectations were blown out of the water and my worries were not needed. From day 1 Megs made everybody feel at home with each other. Throughout the whole tour she made it a fun, cultural and rewarding experience without once breaking her composure. Her personality illuminated every moment and not a single bus trip was the same. Anybody looking to try a contiki or continue with contiki would be lucky to have Megs as their TM.Show detailed ratings
- MRMitchellWritten on April 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe had low expectations upon departing for our tour bit Megs made our tour exceptional. Great information provided, fun and bubbly personality and an uncanny ability to lift any mood. Over all, Megs has been the best tour manager we have ever had.Show detailed ratings
- TTieganWritten on April 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur Contiki tour was booked with some apprehension, we weren't sure if we would fit in with the group, or what to expect... and I'm happy to say, we were blown away! We've had the most amazing time, we had the most amazing group, but the people that really made it all worth it was our tour manager Megs, and our driver, Guiseppe. What a great team, and a great tour. So much fun, and would do it all over again!Show detailed ratings
- EEricWritten on April 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentMegz really set the tone from day1. I knew immediately the trip was going to incredible... her speech on the way to Amsterdam was hilarious. Megz goes above and beyond her job role and really gets involved with her group, she also handled a sensitive situation during the tour with the upmost dignity and respect. Megz has extensive knowledge of all cities visited and presents the knowledge in an engaging manner. Megz has set the bar high for her colleagues when I take my next tour.Show detailed ratings
- GMGurdassWritten on December 9, 20164.0 - GoodIn summer of 2013 I went on my first ever overseas trip solo. Prior to leaving for Europe I was definitely a little hesitant about the whole tour and being on a foreign continent, etc. Little did I know than that I would have such a great experience! I couldn't have asked for a better tour manager and group to tour Europe with. Our tour manager Kassie went above and beyond interms of the suggestions that she made, the places she recommended to explore, and the knowledge base she presented made this entire trip/adventure one of the best experiences of my life and one that I will surely never forget!! #noregretsShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Berlin
- Day 3: Berlin
- Day 4: Berlin to Prague
- Day 5: Prague
- Day 6: Prague to Salzburg
- Day 7: Salzburg to Venice
- Day 8: Venice to Rome
- Day 9: Rome
- Day 10: Rome to Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Italian Riviera
- Day 12: The Riviera to Lucerne
- Day 13: Lucerne
- Day 14: Lucerne to Paris
- Day 15: Paris
- Day 16: Depart Paris
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Discovery Plus:see it all & do it all with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Is a triple share room possible for this trip?
Yes, the pricing is based on a triple share so we can certainly request for the trhee of you to be roomed together on this amazing tour. Please contact us to arrange this.
- February 1, 2016
What is the age range for this tour?
This tour has a strict age restriction for 18-35 year olds only.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
28,263 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Europe tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 17th March 20181 comment"Hi !"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Emily Jane22nd December 2017
European Encounter London Base (16 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- FridayFeb 2, 2018from London17 DaysSundayFeb 18, 2018to London0 seats left$57USD $2,270
- FridayFeb 2, 2018from London17 DaysSundayFeb 18, 2018to Paris0 seats left$57USD $2,270
- FridayFeb 16, 2018from London17 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to London10+ seats left$57USD $2,270
- FridayFeb 16, 2018from London17 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$57USD $2,270
- FridayMar 16, 2018from London17 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to London8 seats left$58USD $2,313
- FridayMar 16, 2018from London17 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Paris8 seats left$58USD $2,313
- ThursdayApr 12, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to London0 seats left$82USD $3,296
- ThursdayApr 26, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to London10+ seats left$84USD $3,377
- ThursdayApr 26, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$84USD $3,377
- ThursdayMay 10, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to London10+ seats left$86USD $3,453
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Austria , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 March 2018 the full payment of $2,138 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2138 for European Encounter London Base (16 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 358 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 19 km
- Edam (Netherlands)
- 651 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 235 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 215 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 321 km
- Nice (France)
- 300 km
- Lyon (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,138 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,010 tours in Europe
- covered by 177 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,263 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 21 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Encounter London Base (16 Days)