- Our saving
- US $ 1,119
- +5 Destinations
- Victoria Falls
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Cruise the waterways in Maun in a Mokoro
- Explore the Makgadikgadi Salt Pan
- Visit the magnificent Victoria Falls
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Overland truck, Safari, Wildlife
- Rather Poor
- SHSusanWritten on September 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentVery happy with the tour, Jays information, sense of humour and assistance made everything run smoothly. Sandile the driver assisted in so many ways other than driving, and Lizzy and Nosipho made delicious meals every day. Thank you all for a great experience.Show detailed ratings
- SarahWritten on August 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentA brilliant, wonderful, adventure. Saw amazing wildlife, met incredible people. Not for the lovers of creature comforts - by camping they mean camping. If that doesn't phase you the it's a great to get away from it all.Show detailed ratings
- DBDavidWritten on March 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad a great experience with Intrepid in the Okavango Delta. Would highly recommend!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi David, Thank you for sharing your experience in Africa with us. This trip really packs in some incredible highlights in a short time, doesn’t it? Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- AMAndrewWritten on August 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was pretty much what I expected. The close up encounters with wildlife was above my expectations. The transport was more comfortable than I expected. Camping was pretty much what I expected with a good mix of remote and basic camping with more comfortable camping with excellent facilities. A good mix of camping experiences. The guide, cook and driver were all very professional. While the group size was big (22) we meshed well with only one person in the group being a little difficult at times and not enough to warrant discussing with the guide who had made it clear to do this if needed. I would recommend this tour to others.Show detailed ratings
- MMMarkoWritten on August 7, 20173.0 - AverageOverall it has been a great trip, but I feel that there are some things that could be improved in the future. We had three guides but we felt like there was only one, and not very approachable. I think that in such a trip where lots of hours are going to be shared with other fellow travellers, it is important to create a group feeling and help the travellers to bond with one another with some ice-breaking activities and so on. While the guide did implement them, he didn't really made much of an effort and went over it like over a boring task at the office. The other guides were the driver and the cook. The driver was nice, but he didn't do much other than driving and the cook was not very good.Show detailed ratings
- MMMarkoWritten on August 7, 20173.5 - GoodOverall it has been a great trip, but I feel that there are some things that could be improved in the future. We had three guides but we felt like there was only one, and not very approachable. I think that in such a trip where lots of hours are going to be shared with other fellow travellers, it is important to create a group feeling and help the travellers to bond with one another with some ice-breaking activities and so on. While the guide did implement them, he didn't really made much of an effort and went over it like over a boring task at the office. The other guides were the driver and the cook. The driver was nice, but he didn't do much other than driving and the cook was not very good.Show detailed ratings
- NicolasWritten on July 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentIn short amazing: great guide, great tour. One gets to see so much of Africa in only 10daysShow detailed ratings
- JKJeremyWritten on June 28, 20174.0 - GoodMy wife and I had an incredible experience on this trip. The staff were the perfect mix of Professional and personable. Friendly, kind, and enjoyable to spend time with. Also very knowledgeable and helpful. Especially when we had a hiccup with our travel documents. They made every effort to help us sort it out and get our trip back on track. The tour was fantastic. Going into it I was hoping to see lots of wildlife, but was well aware that nature doesn't always co-operate and told myself that I'd be happy as long as I saw an elephant. My mind was blown by how much wild life we did get to see, both variety and quantity. The seclusion of camping in the middle of the Delta, completely surrounded by wild Africa, and spending time with the local polers was a unique experience we'll never forget. Even the long days traveling in the bus were enjoyable as we got to know our travel companions, it was a diverse group from all over the globe, and we quickly made a bus load of new friends. We took advantage of the optional tours offered. A fly over tour of the delta shows you how vast and populated it is, in a way that is difficult to comprehend from the ground. And the game drive through Chobe national park, before the river tour that night. Both of these extras were well worth the money. I would encourage peoples budget to include these add-ons. It is a basics tour, so plush accommodations are not to be expected. The heavy canvas tents, and sleeping matts provided were an adequate place to sleep, but my wife found the sleeping mats are to thin. I recommend to anybody not used to camping, bring an extra sleeping mat.Show detailed ratings
- SEShelleyWritten on March 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was AMAZING! Everything was well planned, and super exciting and adventurous.Show detailed ratings
- Sang LyunWritten on February 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe guide was an African. So It was good to brighten up the local matter. And also he was a nice person who was kind, well informed, responsible, and good at cooking. The trucking trip was good because I had tried it before. And road condition was also good. Camp life was better than I thought. But it was inconvenient because it was rainy day many times. So I upgraded to hotel for several days.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Johannesburg
- Day 2: Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 3: Maun
- Day 4: Okavango Delta
- Day 5: Okavango Delta
- Day 6: Maun
- Day 7: Nata
- Day 8: Chobe National Park
- Day 9: Victoria Falls
- Day 10: Victoria Falls
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the cancellation policy for this tour?
Cancellation Policy - If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation.
If you cancel a trip:
- 56 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit;
- between 31 and 55 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 50% of the total booking cost; whichever is greater, and
- 30 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
Note that different cancellation conditions including higher charges apply to some styles of trips and additional services including Polar bookings. Your booking consultant will advise if differences apply and details can be found in the Essential Trip Information relating to your trip.
Is there an additional charge for solo travellers?
For travelling solo, there wont be any additional charge if you are happy to share a room with another solo traveller. But, if you would like to have a room of your own then there will be an additional charges. Please contact us to arrange this.
Can we please have an itinerary for the Okavango Experience tour leaving the 18th of November? We are interested in looking at animals in their natural habitat.
You can see the itinerary on our site: http://www.tourradar.com/t/4018#details. This is an awesome tour to see wildlife!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gregory6th September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridaySep 28, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Victoria Falls0 seats left$59USD $1,411
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Victoria Falls4 seats left$59USD $1,411
- FridayOct 12, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Victoria Falls0 seats left$57USD $1,358
- FridayOct 19, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Victoria FallsOnly 1 seat left$54USD $1,306
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Victoria Falls10+ seats left$53USD $1,267
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Victoria FallsOnly 1 seat left$186$1,370-14%USD $1,184
- FridayNov 9, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Victoria Falls0 seats left$53USD $1,267
- FridayNov 16, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Victoria Falls0 seats left$56USD $1,344
- FridayNov 23, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Victoria Falls10+ seats left$176$1,295-14%USD $1,119Instant BookHold my
- FridayNov 30, 2018from Johannesburg10 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Victoria Falls10+ seats left$176$1,295-14%USD $1,119Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- RandSouth Africa
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for South Africa and Zimbabwe. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Recommended for Botswana and Zimbabwe. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Johannesburg is the starting point and Victoria Falls is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,119 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1119 for Okavango Experience, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Johannesburg (South Africa)
- 463 km
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary (Botswana)
- 422 km
- Maun (Botswana)
- 89 km
- Okavango Delta (Botswana)
- 89 km
- Maun (Botswana)
- 176 km
- Chobe National Park (Botswana)
- 172 km
- Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,119 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,507 tours in Africa
- covered by 138 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Okavango Experience
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers