Explore Southern Africa
- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Physical rating:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Places You’ll See
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Okavango Delta
- Chobe National Park
- Matobo National Park
- Kruger National Park
- Visit the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg
- Witness Maun's incredible ecosystem
- Explore some of the world's largest salt flats
- Admire the raging torrent of Victoria Falls
- Day 1: Johannesburg
- Day 2: Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 3: Maun
- Day 4: Okavango Delta
- Day 5: Okavango Delta
- Day 6: Maun
- Day 7: Nata
- Day 8: Chobe National Park
- Day 9: Victoria Falls
- Day 10: Victoria Falls
- Day 11: Hwange National Park
- Day 12: Matobo National Park
- Day 13: Matobo National Park
- Day 14: Makushu Village
- Day 15: Makushu Village
- Day 16: Kruger National Park
- Day 17: Kruger National Park
- Day 18: Johannesburg
- Hygiene Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- MSMelvin· March 17th, 2020I had an excellent timeIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewWe are so happy you had an amazing time in Southern Africa Melvin!Trip date: February 2020
- ALAdina· November 16th, 2019Excellent trip. Very knowledgeable guide, the cook Kevin prepared special food for me since I don’t eat red meat or pork and the driver Shimoni has an eagle eye for spotting animals. Lots of early starts and long drives, setting up and breaking down... Show moreTrip date: October 2019
- NSNadeshda· July 19th, 2019Our guide, cook and driver were the best part of the trip. They were very friendly and looked after the whole group. You get to see so many amazing animals. The Okavango Delta was a once in a life time experience.Trip date: September 2017
- TTanya· December 25th, 2018From the moment we left the first hotel the trip was just jammed packed with amazing experiences and wildlife. Absolutely amazing tour and our guides were awesome!!Intrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Tanya, Thank you for writing a review, I am so pleased to see that you had a great time on our Explore Southern Africa trip. So where is next for you? JohnTrip date: December 2018
- TLTIN· May 9th, 2018Very bad customer service at all, do not respect his customer and meet their need. He only care about the inventory of the first Aid box, and do not treat Customer's safety as his first priority. Very poor guy!Intrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with aspects of your trip. We would like the opportunity to fully understand your experience - please feel free to email us at... Show moreTrip date: March 2018
- BLBENG· March 31st, 2018The transportation truck should be fitted with better suspensions. It was a bone shaker on rough dirt-road. The tent that I stayed had leaks on the floor and at the corner, most probably punched by thorns and stones on the ground. However, the meals... Show moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I’ve taken that trip myself, what an incredible journey. You’re right, conditions can be rough at times – all part of the adventure that is Southern Africa! Hope to see you on another trip... Show moreTrip date: March 2018
- AAnonymous· March 21st, 2018Such an unforgettable trip! The Okavango delta was stunning and shouldn’t be missed! Our time their camping, eating and dancing with the local mokkoro “drivers” was unforgettable, and though I thought the animals would be the highlight, it was the... Show moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, Thank you for sharing your experience (and lovely photos) with us in the Okavango Delta. We are so delighted to hear that you had a great time and that the people were the unexpected highlight of the trip (we agree!). Hope to see you on another... Show moreTrip date: August 2017
- Ssarah· April 22nd, 2016Traveling in overland truck is a great way to explore this part of the world. The trip leader and driver were very knowledgeable and provided some great information. Camping overnight in the Mekong Delta is a definite highlight. Great trip, would... Show moreTrip date: June 2015
- Marco· June 28th, 2015Normally I travel alone. I decided to join this trip with Intrepid after a friend of mine told me about it. It wasn't only a wonderful trip, it was an amazing experience! Wonderful itinerary, great crew (guide, driver, local guides) and lovely group of... Show moreTrip date: June 2015
- LTLesley· June 17th, 2015This tour is brilliant see and do plenty and Simba and Shimane are great guides well recommendedTrip date: January 2015
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday1 Oct, 2021EnglishMonday18 Oct, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday15 Oct, 2021EnglishMonday1 Nov, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday22 Oct, 2021EnglishMonday8 Nov, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday29 Oct, 2021EnglishMonday15 Nov, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday5 Nov, 2021EnglishMonday22 Nov, 2021$3,4500% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday12 Nov, 2021EnglishMonday29 Nov, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday19 Nov, 2021EnglishMonday6 Dec, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday26 Nov, 2021EnglishMonday13 Dec, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday3 Dec, 2021EnglishMonday20 Dec, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday10 Dec, 2021EnglishMonday27 Dec, 2021$3,3200% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where and when does the tour end?
- Where and when does the tour start?
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
- What is the age range?
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
- Is there a hotel list available?
- Are the flights included?
- Are visas included in the tour package?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Africa
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Wildebeest Migration in Africa 2021 (incl. Migration Map)
- 10 Best Overland Travel Companies (Based on 1576 Reviews)
- Africa from Johannesburg
- Africa Overland Truck
- 18 days Africa
- Operators in Africa
- Overland Truck tours
- Botswana and South Africa tours
- Southern Africa tours
- Africa tours