- Our saving
- US $ 7,270
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Board ship and sail along the Beagle Channel.
- Day 2-3: Cross the Drake Passage.
- Day 4-8: Explore the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula.
- Day 9-10: Sail back through the Drake Passage.
- Day 11: Disembark and end in Ushuaia.
Quark Expeditions Ships
- World ExplorerOur WORLD EXPLORER can, in a unique way, combine all the requirements of sophisticated guests, lovingly finished down to the smallest deta… Read moreBuilt2018Guests200Crew125Length126mWidth19mStaterooms86Gross Tonnage9300 gtElectricity220vCruising Speed16 knots, in open waterDraft4.7m
- Ocean DiamondThe Ocean Diamond is a modern, stable super-yacht with spacious cabins, all with private bathroom facilities and exterior views. This outs… Read moreBuilt1974 (renovation in 1986, 2012)Guests189Crew144Length124mWidth16mElectricity220vCruising Speed15.5 knotsDraft4.9m
- Akademik Sergey VavilovFinnish-built for the Russian Academy of Science, this ship was designed to travel quietly during hydro-acoustic research. External stabil… Read moreBuilt1988Guests92Crew63Length117.04mWidth18.28mCruising Speed14.5 knots in open waterDraft6.09m
- Akademik IoffeThe Akademik Ioffe was built for the Russian Academy of Science to the same specifications as its sister ship, the Akademik Sergey Vavilo… Read moreBuilt1989Guests96Crew63Length117mWidth18.3mStaterooms48Cruising Speed14.5 knots in open waterDraft6m
- Ocean AdventurerAs of June 2017, Quark Expeditions’ much beloved polar expedition ship the “Sea Adventurer” will be undergoing a multi-… Read moreBuilt1976 (refurbished in 1999 and 2002)Guests132Crew84Length101.1mWidth16.2mSuites57Cruising Speed12 knotsDraft4.5m
- Rather Poor
- EPElfyn PughWritten on February 13, 20135.0 - Excellent
Our trip to the Antarctic Peninsula was simply 'mind-blowing'What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Any descriptionÂ of Antarctica is always full of 'expletives'. Quite honestly where do you start? Its awesome, pristine, 'bigger' than you can... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- ABAntoinette ByrneWritten on February 13, 20135.0 - Excellent
The whole trip was exceptionally well organised and was up there with my most inspriational trip ever (and I have done a fair bit of travelling!!)) Antarctica is definately a place you should experience a once in a lifetime experience.What was the most... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- JBJanet BrayWritten on January 23, 20134.0 - Good
Wonderful trip. Well worth the effort despite some stressful moments in the beginning. Antarctica is a very special place. Cannot be compared to any other travel experience. So glad I went. Would have given 5 stars but for my experiences prior to and... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- EMEvelyn MacleanWritten on January 4, 20135.0 - Excellent
WE had a wonderful experience in the Antarctic and also spending a few days in Ushuaia before our departure on the Clipper Adventurer. Thanks must go to Kim Christie for sorting us out with travel and accommodation when the Ship broke down in... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- RTRobin ThomsonWritten on January 3, 20135.0 - Excellent
An excellent and informative introduction to Antarctica. You could not wish for a better trip.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The Icebergs, stunning beauty and serenityWhat did you think of your group leader?Very well informed, and a... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- MEMarcus EvansWritten on January 2, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was the most amazing trip. From the first moment we got on the ship to the moment we left we were by turns pampered, well fed and treated to an array of various difference experiences on an untouched continent. I can highly recommend this and with the... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- EAEnid AstleyWritten on March 30, 20125.0 - Excellent
What can I say?! The most amazing trip, far exceeding the expectations that I had held for a lifetime! Each experience seemed to surpass the last , and I hold the memory in my head each day since returning home.What was the most inspirational moment of your... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- BCBruce CrippsWritten on February 20, 20125.0 - Excellent
Exodus and Quark had the perfect recipe for the adventure of a lifetime. Helpful and efficient pre-trip planning. The Vavilov, a great vessel for the expedition that was immaculate and had a very accommodating crew. An outstanding knowledgeable and friendly... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- DCDavid CoustickWritten on February 14, 20124.0 - Good
A wonderful experience - both wildlife and scenery - significantly helped by the efficient and knowledgable staff.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Seeing penguins really close up - they came even closer to us than I thought possible; at... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- MMMark MillsWritten on January 22, 20125.0 - Excellent
Having dreamt of visiting Antarctica since i was a child, a recent life-changing event inspired me to take the plunge. I wish i had taken that plunge years ago, it was stunning.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?For me, the most... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debbie15th July 2019
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Ushuaia11 DaysWednesdayNov 13, 2019to Ushuaia8 seats left World ExplorerWorld Explorer$390USD $12,605
- TuesdayNov 12, 2019from Ushuaia11 DaysFridayNov 22, 2019to Ushuaia8 seats left Ocean AdventurerOcean Adventurer$267USD $8,628
- ThursdayNov 21, 2019from Ushuaia11 DaysSundayDec 1, 2019to Ushuaia8 seats left Ocean AdventurerOcean Adventurer$267USD $8,628
- SaturdayDec 7, 2019from Ushuaia11 DaysTuesdayDec 17, 2019to Ushuaia8 seats left$456USD $14,739
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Ushuaia11 DaysWednesdayDec 18, 2019to Ushuaia8 seats left Ocean DiamondOcean Diamond$351USD $11,344
- TuesdayDec 17, 2019from Ushuaia11 DaysFridayDec 27, 2019to Ushuaia8 seats left World ExplorerWorld Explorer$456USD $14,739
- SundayDec 29, 2019from Ushuaia11 DaysWednesdayJan 8, 2020to Ushuaia8 seats left Ocean AdventurerOcean Adventurer$297USD $9,598
- FridayJan 10, 2020from Ushuaia11 DaysMondayJan 20, 2020to Ushuaia8 seats left$270USD $8,725
- FridayFeb 7, 2020from Ushuaia11 DaysMondayFeb 17, 2020to Ushuaia8 seats left Ocean DiamondOcean Diamond$315USD $10,180
- TuesdayMar 3, 2020from Ushuaia11 DaysFridayMar 13, 2020to Ushuaia8 seats left$267USD $8,628
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- PesoArgentina and Chile
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Argentina and Chile. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Argentina. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Ushuaia.
- For any tour departing before 20 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 20 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Quark Expeditions. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Quark Expeditions. Please familiarise yourself with the Quark Expeditions payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Quark Expeditions tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Ushuaia (Argentina)
- 997 km
- South Shetland Islands (Argentina)
- 983 km
- Antarctic Peninsula (Argentina)
- 1,605 km
- Cape Horn (Chile)
- 148 km
- Ushuaia (Argentina)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $7,270 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,924 tours in Latin America
- covered by 254 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,345 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Latin America tours