Europe Christmas Taster - 7 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,135
- Dine in Montmartre, steps from Sacre Coeur
- Celebrate Christmas in the Swiss Alps
- Riverboat your way along Rhine Valley
- Feast on the tastes & sights of Bruges
- Cruise around Amsterdam’s iconic canals
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Christmas & New Year, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- RMRosemarieWritten on January 25, 20182.5 - AverageThe Christmas Europe Taster tour took us to 5 countries plus London where we were picked up (but no tour of London was given). The destinations were all good, especially since we had never been to Europe previously, and covered all the things for each country was most known. There is not a lot of free time to explore on your own except for some time in Paris and in Switzerland - so be sure to research what you can do besides the optional tours provided by ExPat on those days. Our tour leader (not "guide" and there is a big difference between these terms) gave general direction but if you are unfamiliar with the area and do not speak the language, you are at a disadvantage. Since it was our first time to Europe, we took the optional ExPat tours. Throughout the tour the tour leader gave us 20 minutes here, 30 minutes there, 10 minutes somewhere else, or even just 5 minutes. This allowed for picture-taking but not for exploring. Also, when we had 20 or 30 minutes before having to be back on the coach, the attractions were not open yet so all we could do was walk around the outside and take photos. We were not able to get the full experience of going inside due to the way the coach travel time/"free time" was planned. On the ExPat/Tour Radar website description of the Christmas Europe Taster tour, it says you can ski on the Swiss Alps on Christmas Day and lists an afternoon package for beginner skiers with lessons. We had planned to do this (planned cash and clothes for this optional activity) and were really looking forward to it. Once we were in the coach on the way to Switzerland we were informed this activity was not available because the instructors were off work on Christmas Day. A big disappointment. ExPat should have known the instructors were not working on Christmas Day, so it seemed like a "bait and switch." On top of this, the other optional tour was signifcantly more expensive and had to be paid in CASH, for which we were unprepared. We were not informed of this prior to the trip so had to use our credit and debit card to withdraw money. In Switzerland, the optional tour was 185 Swiss Francs each, which was approximately $200 USD ($400 total). Our bank limits cash withdrawal to $200/day, so we then had to exchange the American money we brought as a back-up in order to have enough for the tour. This left us short on cash for the remainder of the trip. The coach was average, but not as plush as American coaches: little leg room (especially on the side with the restroom - if you are tall, sit on the opposite side), no screens at each seat and the seat cushions were like that of a school bus rather than a coach. Seats did recline about the same amount that airplane seats recline. Not very comfortable for the amount of time spent on the coach. The accommodations were one step above camping in a tent. All of the rooms had twin beds and barely enough room to walk around the beds. Only one towel each was provided in most hotels, with no handtowels or washcloths. We chose this tour based on the number of countries visited during Christmas week. We were pleased with the ability to visit all the sites, however, this tour and level of accommodation and coach amenities (or lack thereof) is best for younger people or families who are not accustomed to any frills or are on a tight budget.Show detailed ratings
- GPGladysWritten on January 5, 20183.5 - GoodI thought I was in a marathon or the Amazing RaceShow detailed ratings
- JjiwunWritten on December 19, 20174.5 - Excellentwoooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!Show detailed ratings
- SStephanieWritten on January 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur trip far exceeded my expectations, as did our leader Steve, and driver Jamie! We can't wait to go on another tour, and may track down tours that Steve runs since he does such a fantastic job!Show detailed ratings
- NathanWritten on January 5, 20174.5 - ExcellentAbsolute wonderful trip. Steve was probably a huge part of it. Loved the locales, and the information he provided, and his attitude was top notch. Loved the value for what kind of places we stayed. The food was good, but on the occasion left something to be desired.Show detailed ratings
- JCJonWritten on January 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour was one of the best vacations I have ever been on! Steve was amazing and made the trip very enjoyable! I would recommend others to take a tour with Expat Explore!Show detailed ratings
- IngridWritten on May 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentSince I couldn't be with family, it was the best way to spend my holiday! Steve knew so much about the history of each country we visited! I met a great group of new friends and saw beautiful places that I've read about for years!Show detailed ratings
- LPLisaWritten on May 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentEverything about this tour from start to finish was well organized. Kevin and Gary did a fantastic job to make this childhood dream of mine and awesome adventure. Definitely gonna use Expat againShow detailed ratings
- BMBruceWritten on December 31, 20155.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely wonderful trip. As the name implies, it was a taste of popular european destinations over the chrstmas period. It was hectic at times, but when you've only got 7 days you want to fit in as much as you can. The highlight of the tri for me was the train ride up to Jungfrauloch on Christmas Day. We got our white Christmas.Show detailed ratings
- CeliaWritten on September 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentGayle was an excellent, professional, friendly tour guide. She's willing to help and answer any queries we asked in every place that we visited. I would recommend her to others.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London - Paris
- Day 2: Paris - Free day
- Day 3: Burgundy - Swiss Alps
- Day 4: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 5: Swiss Alps - Rhine Valley
- Day 6: Rhine Valley - Amsterdam
- Day 7: Bruges - London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Expat Explore Travel | Christmas Video | Christmas Tour
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can my 9 year old child join this tour?
Usually Expat does not usually allow under 10 year olds, however we can contact the tour operator direct and see if they can make an exception in this case for you.
Does this tour start and end in London?
Yes, this tour starts and ends in London.
I am indian you say trip startcto london ? Visa is impotent .
Yes this tour starts and ends in London. Wherever you travel in the world, it is always best to be aware of up-to-date visa information which may affect you. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advanced permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. Unfortunately, TourRadar is unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulates website for the latest up to date information.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Worked in the industry for over 10 years now in various countries around Europe. Worked with Santa in..."
- "I love to travel, so this job is perfect. I get to meet passengers of all ages and from all over the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
Europe Christmas Taster - 7 days
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from London7 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to London6 seats left$360$1,495-24%USD $1,135Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $1,135 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1135 for Europe Christmas Taster - 7 days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 494 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 685 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 173 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 235 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,135 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe Christmas Taster - 7 days