Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
- Tour Operator:
- Absolute Africa
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 80
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Day 1: KENYA - TANZANIA
- Day 2: TANZANIA
- Day 3: TANZANIA
- Day 4: TANZANIA
- Day 5: TANZANIA-KENYA
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Absolute Africa
With over thirty years of experience running safaris from London to Cape Town and living and working on the Continent, enjoy the thrills, laughs, smiles and challenges of Africa with us, knowing that our crew, staff and management are doing all possible to make your safari memorable. In 1979 we crossed the Sahara Desert in a London taxi from Britain to Kenya. The company has grown from there and now operates 10 overland trucks in East and Southern Africa. Our choice of vehicle has changed whilst we retain the core idea of enabling passengers to experience Africa at an affordable price.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- MGMatt· July 27th, 2015For the money, it was a great deal. It certainly wasn't the most luxurious of safaris, but honestly, thats what I wanted. I felt much closer to nature being able to actually camp out in tents outdoors. It felt like a true safari experience. All of... Show moreTrip date: July 2015
- HDHelen· December 3rd, 2014This was the 2nd time I've travelled wih Absolute Africa. I travelled with them overland in 2009 for over two months, so when I decided to come back to Africa, Absolute Africa was the natural choice. The tour was still as good as I remember! In both... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewthank you for the review! it's great to hear that you enjoyed your trip.Trip date: November 2014
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Monday19 Jun, 2023Friday23 Jun, 2023English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
- Wednesday19 Jul, 2023Sunday23 Jul, 2023English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
- Sunday30 Jul, 2023Thursday3 Aug, 2023English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
- Friday18 Aug, 2023Tuesday22 Aug, 2023English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
- Thursday14 Sep, 2023Monday18 Sep, 2023English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
- Saturday14 Oct, 2023Wednesday18 Oct, 2023English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
- Thursday9 Nov, 2023Monday13 Nov, 2023English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
- Thursday28 Dec, 2023Monday1 Jan, 2024English$1,6560% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many people are required for the trip to go?
There is no required minimum number of people for this trip to go.
- What time should we plan to arrive in Nairobi on Day 1?
The tour does a pick up at 7.30am on day 1 of the tour in Nairobi, so if possible we would recommend getting to Nairobi the night before.
- If I am flying into Nairobi can I request airport pickup?
It is possible to arrange airport transfer from Nairobi to Wildebeest Camp or Heron Hotel and we can definitely help you out with that.
- When is the best time to view the migration?
The prime time to visit the Serengeti in Tanzania is usually regarded as being from late November through to March when the big herds of wildebeest, Thomson’s gazelle and zebra head on to the southern plains of the Serengeti.
To get the best viewing on the other hand in Kenya's Masai Mara July through to September are usually regarded as the best months.
- How much will this tour really cost me?
The costs to consider when travelling overland are:
Personal spending money
We are always very transparent about what a tour will cost and are happy to go through personal, tailored budgets to give you a very realistic idea of what you will spend on your tour - whether you are an adrenaline junkie, souvenir-shopaholic or travelling on a shoestring…
Good to Know
- Kenyan ShillingKenya
- Tanzanian ShillingTanzania
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types G, D, M. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types D, M. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for type G.
- Type GKenya and Tanzania
- Type DTanzania
- Type MTanzania
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis - Recommended for Kenya and Tanzania. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever - Recommended for Kenya. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 20th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 20th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Absolute Africa. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Absolute Africa will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Absolute Africa" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Absolute Africa. Please familiarise yourself with the Absolute Africa payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Africa
- Tanzania Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Mt Kilimanjaro Northern Circuit Route (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Safari Tours & Trips 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in December 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in August 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in January 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in November 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in October 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in September 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in July 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in June 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in May 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in April 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in March 2023/2024
- 10 Best Safaris in February 2023/2024
- 10 Best Luxury African Safari Tours 2023/2024
- 10 Best African Camping Safari Vacations 2022
- 10 Best Walking Safaris 2023/2024
- 10 Best Beach Safaris: Places & Packages 2022
- Compare Hot Air Balloon Safaris in Africa 2022
- Horseback Safari: Must Read For First Time Riders
- Africa from Nairobi
- Africa Safari
- 5 days Africa
- Operators in Africa
- Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater Tours in Tanzania
- Safari Tours
- Northern Circuit Tanzania Tours
- Tanzania Tours
- Africa Tours
- Safari Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Camping Tours
- Wildlife Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Northern Circuit Tanzania
- Kenya tours
- Tanzania tours