- Our saving
- US $ 4,979
- Wine taste at Contiki's own French Chateau
- Snap a photo of the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Relax lakeside at Slovenia's Lake Bled
- Sample fondue in Switzerland
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- JDJulianWritten on May 11, 20174.5 - ExcellentAwesome tour guide with tons of awesome knowledge to share. She made our tour soo much fun and ensured we had the best time ever!Show detailed ratings
- LLylianWritten on December 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentKassie was an amazing tour guide. Very informative about all the great places to go to and took care of us all. !Show detailed ratings
- EHErinaWritten on December 8, 20164.5 - ExcellentI went on a 45 day contiki of Europe with Barry as the bus driver and Greg as our tour guide. Both guys were really fantastic and made the whole trip so memorable. Greg was especially great with his down to earth nature and expert knowledge of the places we went to. He was also so much fun as well as making sure we were always on time and never missed anythingShow detailed ratings
- AAlanaWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentCassie was amazing! I think we were one of her first contikis and she handled herself and every situation perfect! Great fond memories of this trip! :)Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was so much more than expected. The group was fantastic, Cassie was amazing and super knowledgeable. So helpful, kind and fun. I would highly recommend a tour with cassie it was great!Show detailed ratings
- DDanielaWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentShe is soooo fun and cool ! Love her so so lich and i feel that she was a great tour guiedShow detailed ratings
- NNatashaWritten on December 3, 20164.0 - GoodMy first Contiki trip was when I was freshly 18 (literally only turned 18 the weekend before my trip) and it was my first time travelling on my own. I chose the European Adventurer, which at the time was the longest tour of Europe (37 days), and Kassie Jones was our tour guide. Kassie was an absolutely amazing guide, she was friendly with everyone, always helpful and had to deal with our questions, whinges, and drunkeness! She knew so much about all the places we visited and I learnt so much about the various countries and it was a great first introduction to Europe. We found out at the end of our tour that it was in fact Kassie's first tour as a Contiki Guide and we couldn't believe it! We honestly thought she had been doing it for a while she was just that natural at it. I couldn't recommend Kassie or Contiki enough to my friends back home and the friends I made on the tour are still really great friends now and it's been 5 years since we went on that European tour!Show detailed ratings
- MMarleeWritten on October 8, 20164.5 - ExcellentFantastic trip! Gives you a taste of so many amazing countries.Show detailed ratings
- DDavidWritten on October 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing and definitely something I would recommend people do. The tour manager made the trip more enjoyable with her in depth knowledge on all the places we visited.Show detailed ratings
- SRSamWritten on October 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentShe is as good a guide as she is a wonderful human being. Rach is full of knowledge and fun facts and at the same time cares about her travelers more than she needs to. She is amazing to travel with and I'd recommend her to anyone!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 1 - 3: Paris
- Day 4: Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region
- Day 5: Beaujolais Wine Region
- Day 6: Beaujolais Wine Region to Barcelona
- Day 7: Barcelona
- Day 8: Barcelona to The Riviera
- Day 9: The Riviera
- Day 10: The Riviera to Venice
- Day 11: Venice
- Day 12: Venice to Florence
- Day 13: Florence
- Day 14: Florence to Rome
- Day 15: Rome
- Day 16: Rome to Athens
- Day 17: To Athens
- Day 18: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 18 - 20: Mykonos
- Day 21: Mykonos to Preveza
- Day 22: Preveza to Tirana
- Day 23: Tirana to Dubrovnik
- Day 24: Dubrovnik
- Day 25: Dubrovnik to Zadar
- Day 26: Zadar to Ljubljana
- Day 27: Ljubljana to Vienna
- Day 28: Vienna
- Day 29: Vienna to Austrian Tyrol
- Day 30: Austrian Tyrol
- Day 31: Austrian Tyrol to Munich
- Day 32: Munich to Swiss Alps
- Day 33: Swiss Alps to Rhine Valley
- Day 34: Swiss Alps
- Day 35: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam
- Day 36: Amsterdam
- Day 37: Depart Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Hight Energy: culture packed days & party filled nights with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 18, 2016
How many people travel on this tour?
Up to 53 passengers can travel on Contiki coaches.
- June 20, 2016
Can I do this tour if I'm over 35 years old?
Sorry, Contiki is a budget tour operator offering tours for 18-35 year olds only, with no exceptions able to be made. Please have a look on the Tourradar website to see similar Europe itineraries for all ages.
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
The food fund covers the included meals listed in the what's included section. On these tours you will have food prepared by on-site chefs or your onboard cook. Some meals may also be at local restaurants.
Guides who have led this tour
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am lucky enough to..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hippy poet turned European tour guide. 24/7 bubble of energy guaranteed!!"
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Hi everyone, I am a happy and enthusiastic Dane, who loves showing the beauty of Scandinavia and Europe..."
- "Hey everyone, I have been working for Contiki for 7 years as a tour manager and also briefly as a driver...."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
- "Contiki Courtney, Hutchy or coxy here. Absolutely love my job with contiki, getting to travel, meet new..."
- "Australian working as a tour guide around Europe for the love of the people, food, music and art it shows..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- TuesdayApr 10, 2018from LondonWednesdayMay 16, 2018in LondonOur saving$124PriceUSD $4,979+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridayApr 20, 2018from LondonSaturdayMay 26, 2018in LondonOur saving$124PriceUSD $4,979+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridayMay 4, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 9, 2018in LondonOur saving$131PriceUSD $5,225+ $950 Food Fund0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMay 11, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 16, 2018in LondonOur saving$131PriceUSD $5,225+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridayMay 18, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 23, 2018in LondonOur saving$140PriceUSD $5,605+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridayJun 1, 2018from LondonSaturdayJul 7, 2018in LondonOur saving$140PriceUSD $5,605+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridayJun 8, 2018from LondonSaturdayJul 14, 2018in LondonOur saving$140PriceUSD $5,605+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridayJun 15, 2018from LondonSaturdayJul 21, 2018in LondonOur saving$140PriceUSD $5,605+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridayJun 22, 2018from LondonSaturdayJul 28, 2018in LondonOur saving$149PriceUSD $5,965+ $950 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from LondonWednesdayAug 15, 2018in LondonOur saving$149PriceUSD $5,965+ $950 Food Fund
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Italy , Greece , Slovenia , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain, Greece, Albania, Croatia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Albania and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 December 2017 the full payment of $4,979 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4979 for European Adventurer, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 831 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 325 km
- Arles (France)
- 354 km
- Genoa (Italy)
- 199 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 103 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 244 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,979 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,421 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,116 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 58 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Adventurer