3 Day - Golden Circle, South Coast, Jökulsárlón & Ice Cave
- Our saving
- US $ 792
- +11 Destinations
- South Iceland
- Glacier hiking with a certified glacier guide
- Travel with a small group
- Fabulous for travellers with limited time
- Visit spectacular waterfalls
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- APAllisonWritten on May 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentI booked a spur-of-the-moment tour to Iceland. The three-day Arctic Adventures tour fit my needs and wants perfectly—volcanoes! glaciers! ice caves! geothermal energy! and all the dramatic scenery in between with Icelandic ponies and reindeer thrown in to boot. Gisli the tour guide provided an informative and humorous narrative.Show detailed ratings
- AnnetteWritten on April 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis tour and country was just amazing and worth every cent. Booking was super easy, I accidently booked wrong date which was corrected within hours. The itinerary was packed, but it somehow did not feel rushed (maybe the first day, as it included many stops and many tourists around the golden circle route). Our guide Diddy was amazing, funny, patient and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the stories and explanations in perfect english on the bus inbetween the stops. The accommodation was also excellent with 2 very different beautiful views (though a bit pricy for dinners). My only regret: I did not stay longer and saw more of this beautiful and wild country. Oh and we did not see the Northern Lights, but as I have read somehwere "your trip will still be unforgettable when doing all the other fun activities you planned, and seeing the Northern Lights is an added Bonus."Show detailed ratings
- DYDavidWritten on April 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was an amazing tour that included everything that we wanted. Our guide Pálmi is a great person, guide, and fun to talk to. He is very personable and easygoing, and I hope that if you book this tour you also get him! The activities were divided well amongst the three days. At the scenic stops, we had about 40 or more minutes for each site (April tour); apparently during the winter time when the daylight hours are shorter, these stops will also be shorter in order to try to hit them all. Being that we took this tour in early April, we were not able to visit a crystal ice cave because of the higher risk due to the warmer weather; the Katla ice cave that we went to instead was still amazing. We had some extra time on some of the days, and Pálmi made a couple of quick unscheduled scenic stops for some amazing pictures and an opportunity to pet Icelandic horses, which really made the tour even more special! We had 16 people on our trip, and the only minor thing we noticed was that the last row of the tour bus had a hard time seeing out of the windows.Show detailed ratings
- IWIreneWritten on March 12, 20184.0 - GoodNot sure how I feel, as the 3 day tour that I booked was part cancelled due to bad weather. Missing out on one and a half days of the tour. I have asked them for a refund for one whole day that just did not happen,but seems to me that I have been ignored with regards my request for a part refund.Show detailed ratings
- TaylorWritten on February 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur trip was excellent, we really had unique experience traveling along the south coast for 3 days. What I would suggest to others, as the reviews here really sold me on this trip, is that winter weather in Iceland is highly unpredictable. Our tour started with a redirected route due to weather, then ended a day early (no third day events) due to a wind storm that threatened to close the roads back to Reykjavik. However, our guide, Alvaro, managed the whole situation and a refund was received for the lost time. We managed to see a lot given the changes to the original schedule and we never felt rushed to keep moving or to get back on the bus. The bus was very comfortable, the food was great and the lodging was not bad as well. I would suggest this trip to anyone looking to get a good first look at Iceland. The tour took really great care of us and was worth the price.Show detailed ratings
- RVRobertWritten on February 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentExcellent from start to finish.Show detailed ratings
- LMLindaWritten on February 6, 20183.0 - AverageTour bus was horrible. One of the seats was broken and prevented my friend from sitting near me. The heating was not working well, instead the fan was turned on since the bus has no defogging for windows. Since it was a damp and rainy day it made the cold feel worst. The trunk door was broken. The lights didn't work for each individual seat. There was a gap between the emergency door and the seat, so the rain got through (also the heat if there was any was exiting there). The guide told us the minimum info about the tour, as he didn't want to say much: ie next day's itinerary. Or repeat the time to get back on the bus. Would be nice if he wrote out the time (I noticed he had a clipboard). We did make it on schedule so that's a plus. Also felt like the Northern Lights part should be removed from the tour title since its so dependent on weather conditions and luck in seeing it in the night sky. Is there a way to choose the tour group? It was odd that it was all asian, it would be nice to meet people from other cultures and different countries. Also maybe to choose a friendlier guide?Show detailed ratingsArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Linda, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sinerely sorry to hear about your dissapointment with the tour. At Arctic Adventures we take all reviews very seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve. Our team checks all of our vehicles regularly to make sure that all of our vehicles are up to date and in proper condition your concerns do therefore come as a suprice to us. We have brought the vehicle in question in to our garage for our team to go over the conditions of it and make sure that everything is working as it should. The role of our guides is of cource to ensure our customers safety and to be informative and share interesting commentary throughout the tour and we are very sorry to hear that this was not your experience of your tour guide. Our head of guides will be speaking to your guide to go over what could have been improved during this particular tour. We hare at Arctic Adventures would like to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused and we hope that these factors did not affect your overall tour experience to a great extend. Best regards, Arctic Adventures Support Team
- JFJimmyWritten on January 24, 20184.5 - ExcellentOur 3 day tour was excellent. The activities we accomplished on this tour were fantastic. We had a wide variety of activities/sites. We had a big range of ages and abilities and we all became great friends by the end of the tour. Our guide, Francois, was phenomenal. Our facilities were great. I would recommend this tour to anyone travelling to Iceland. It will give you an excellent overview of Icelandic life.Show detailed ratings
- STSuzanneWritten on January 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was everything we expected. We went in the middle of winter so crowds were low by weather did impact the trip. However what we did see was amazing and our guide was very knowledgable.Show detailed ratings
- ALAnnaWritten on January 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis tour was beyond my expectations! Our guide Oliver made sure that we had every possibility to do and see all the things expected and more. His story telling enhanced the whole journey and he was quick to rearrange our plans due to the weather. The sights seen and experience I had are imprinted in my memory forever. Great people, excellent service and breathtaking landscapes!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Golden Circle & South Coast - Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir, Reynisfjara, Skogafoss, Seljalandsfoss
- Day 2 - Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon & Natural Ice Cave - Vik
- Day 3 - Glacier hiking in Skaftafell - Vatnajokull
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Address: Þjóðvegur, Iceland
Address: Skaftafelli 2 Freysnesi, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Address: Vegamótum - Snaefellsnesvegur, 311 Borgarnes, Iceland
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland Adventure Tours
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of the tour after doing the Glacier Hike, you will return to Reykjavík between 20:00 and 23:00 depending on weather conditions and the tour will end.
When and where does the tour start?
Pick up starts at 09:00 AM, and you will be picked up from your hotel or a nearby meeting point in Reykjavík. This will be confirmed once you have a confirmed booking.
Can you assist with additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
3 Day - Golden Circle, South Coast, Jökulsárlón & Ice Cave
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Reykjavik8 seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Reykjavik3 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$33USD $792Based on Shared Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Arctic Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 October 2018 the full payment of $792 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $792 for 3 Day - Golden Circle, South Coast, Jökulsárlón & Ice Cave, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Arctic Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Arctic Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 44 km
- Hekla (Iceland)
- 44 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 28 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 3 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 159 km
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $792 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day - Golden Circle, South Coast, Jökulsárlón & Ice Cave via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 35 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day - Golden Circle, South Coast, Jökulsárlón & Ice Cave