Balkan Explorer - 16 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 2,125
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Admire Delphi, an ancient sanctuary and the Meteora
- Join an orientation tour of the Dubrovnik’s Old Town
- Marvel at the beauty of the Plitvice Lakes National Park
- See the hidden treasures of Europe and the Balkans
- Sample Moussaka, Goulash and Croatian seafood
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- NGNannyWritten on August 28, 20183.0 - AverageCoach with glass roofing is not appropriate for summer tour. Bus is too hot inside bec AC is weak & AC vents have seen better days. No wifi most of the timeShow detailed ratings
- FSFionaWritten on October 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhat can I say, the Balkans tour was absolutely wonderful, and so much more, than we expected. So many experiences and amazing sights, beautiful Countries. Tour leader, and bus driver exceptional. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone. Ex pats, are the best, thank you so much. Fiona and Pat Australia.Show detailed ratings
- CarlaWritten on October 10, 20174.0 - GoodGreat trip great organisation from the tour group expat was great travelling with them and will do another tour with them soon I hope.Show detailed ratings
- JMJayasekharWritten on October 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentHad a good experience with Expat Travels. Very well arranged tour programe, with good ,knowledgeable and friendly group leader and very well mannered and skilled driver. Recommended.- Dr.M.S. Jayasekhar FRCS, Plastic Surgeon, Kerala, INDIAShow detailed ratings
- PPhilWritten on September 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentAn amazing tour through amazing countries. There are so many famous sites it's hard to keep track of - Ohrid, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Budapest, it just keeps on going. Good hotels, great guide, and fantastic driver!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Athens
- Day 2: Delphi - Meteora - Kalabaka
- Day 3: Kalabaka - Ohrid
- Day 4: Ohrid - Tirana
- Day 5: Budva - Kotor - Dubrovnik
- Day 6: Dubrovnik
- Day 7: Mostar - Northern Croatia
- Day 8: Plitvice Lakes - Ljubljana
- Day 9: Ljubljana - Budapest
- Day 10: Budapest - Free day
- Day 11: Budapest - Belgrade
- Day 12: Nis - Sofia
- Day 13: Sofia - Free day
- Day 14: Sofia - Thessaloniki
- Day 15: Thessaloniki - Athens
- Day 16: End of tour
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Balkan Explorer - 16 Days
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Athens9 seats left$410$2,895-14%USD $2,485
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$515$2,895-18%USD $2,380
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$630$2,895-22%USD $2,265
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$770$2,895-27%USD $2,125
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundayJul 28, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$770$2,895-27%USD $2,125
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$770$2,895-27%USD $2,125
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundaySep 8, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$770$2,895-27%USD $2,125
- ThursdaySep 12, 2019from Athens16 DaysFridaySep 27, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$630$2,895-22%USD $2,265
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Athens16 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to AthensUSD $2,895
- MondayOct 14, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayOct 29, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$770$2,895-27%USD $2,125
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroGreece , Montenegro and Slovenia
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Slovenia and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $2,125 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2125 for Balkan Explorer - 16 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,797 km.
- Athens (Greece)
- 121 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 156 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 9 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 163 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 87 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 134 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 61 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 79 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,125 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Explorer - 16 Days