Balkan Explorer - 16 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,959
- Admire Delphi, an ancient sanctuary and the Meteora
- Join an orientation tour of the Dubrovnik’s Old Town
- Marvel at the beauty of the Plitvice Lakes National Park
- See the hidden treasures of Europe and the Balkans
- Sample Moussaka, Goulash and Croatian seafood
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Athens
- Day 2: Delphi - Meteora - Kalabaka
- Day 3: Kalabaka - Ohrid
- Day 4: Ohrid - Tirana
- Day 5: Budva - Kotor - Dubrovnik
- Day 6: Dubrovnik
- Day 7: Mostar - Northern Croatia
- Day 8: Plitvice Lakes - Ljubljana
- Day 9: Ljubljana - Budapest
- Day 10: Budapest - Free day
- Day 11: Budapest - Belgrade
- Day 12: Nis - Sofia
- Day 13: Sofia - Free day
- Day 14: Sofia - Thessaloniki
- Day 15: Thessaloniki - Athens
- Day 16: End of tour
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JennWritten on November 8, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Wish we could do it all over again! Loved seeing this beautiful side of Europe, especially with Filip as our guide! He's so knowledgeable in the history, language, and cultures of these areas. Just a joy to be around. He played great tunes on the bus and... Read more
- ZachWritten on November 7, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Tour Leader: Filip Filip is an outstanding tour guide and a really great guy. Over our 16 day tour, I found him to be kind, funny, tremendously helpful, and incredibly knowledgeable. Coming into this tour, I knew very little about the Balkans beyond the... Read more
- KKyleMorrisWritten on November 7, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My wife and I did this tour for our honeymoon! We had a great time. Our guide Filip exceeded our expectations. He was very knowledgeable, fun, and organized. Expat is lucky to have a guide like Filip! Cheers!
- AAJPalaviWritten on November 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Filip is an amazing tour guide. He has an insane wealth of knowledge that he loves to share about every corner you turn. He knew how to get us in and out of many crowds, and congested areas. Very professional, humorous, and friendly demeanour made this tour... Read more
- CCarolSmithWritten on November 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Filip is the TOTAL package. Intelligent, funny and kind. My family and I have traveled to 30+ countries and used several different tour agencies/groups and Filip, BY FAR, is the best tour guide we've ever had. He left a huge impression on everyone in our... Read more
- BrookWritten on November 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Filip was outstanding. He was interactive and informative and available the entire tour. It was a large group but he took the time to get to know us individually early on which made all the difference. Would highly recommend this tour and will be a return... Read more
- Rayao28gmailcomWritten on October 31, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
on the whole, it was to be expected as we are repeated customers. we knew what we were getting. too much time on the bus on several days. not enough time to walk around and check out the major attractions/ sights. we'd give the tour a B overall rating,... Read moreReview collected by Expat Explore Travel
- AdolfWritten on October 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Guide was fantastic. Do not remember her full name but she was from Australia.Review collected by Expat Explore Travel
- AmitWritten on October 1, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Tour Guide: Karina, grt tour leader Tour Driver: Yiannis, full marks Group Size: 45 Expat Explore: Great company, go ahead with them Coach: No WiFi, No charging ports, Toilet use highly discouraged and only to pee in emergency. Itinerary: Very... Read more
- PamelaWritten on September 26, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Bus needs wifi and charging plugs.Review collected by Expat Explore Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a language teacher that does not enjoy the stuffiness of a classroom, so I venture out on the road..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Benjamin5th August 2019
Balkan Explorer - 16 Days
- Upcoming departures
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- April 2021
- May 2021
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundayApr 19, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$539$2,945-18%USD $2,406
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundayMay 24, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$671$2,975-23%USD $2,304
- SaturdayMay 30, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundayJun 14, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$671$2,975-23%USD $2,304
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundayJul 5, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$822$2,975-28%USD $2,153
- SaturdayJul 11, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundayJul 26, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$1,016$2,975-34%USD $1,959
- SaturdayAug 1, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundayAug 16, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$822$2,975-28%USD $2,153
- SaturdayAug 22, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundaySep 6, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$1,016$2,975-34%USD $1,959
- ThursdaySep 10, 2020from Athens16 DaysFridaySep 25, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$822$2,975-28%USD $2,153
- SaturdaySep 26, 2020from Athens16 DaysSundayOct 11, 2020to Athens$89USD $2,886
- MondayOct 12, 2020from Athens16 DaysTuesdayOct 27, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$822$2,975-28%USD $2,153
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGreece , Montenegro and Slovenia
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Slovenia and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 18 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 18 January 2020, a minimum payment of 10% is required to confirm your booking with Expat Explore Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Expat Explore Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Expat Explore Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Athens (Greece)
- 121 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 156 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 9 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 163 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 87 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 134 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 61 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 79 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,959 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,420 tours in Europe
- covered by 522 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 24 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Explorer - 16 Days