- Our saving
- US $ 967
- Experience the highlights of 5 incredible countries
- Enter a Game of Thrones in stunning Dubrovnik
- Shop for souvenirs at the old Turkish bazaar in Sarajevo
- Climb Vitosha mountain and gaze down at Sophia
- Visit the medieval literary centre of Ohrid
- Rather Poor
- andreaWritten on October 30, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This tour exceeded all my expectations. The scenery and the places we visited were magnificent. Our driver was exceptional, his driving and concentration skills were excellent. Ivan, our guide did a very good job, as there were 20 of us on the tour, he kept... Read more
- VDVladimirWritten on October 22, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I would suggest to make some changes in the amount of time spent in the different countries. Time in Kosovo may be reduced, but time in Montenegro, or other sea countries to be increased
- SCStevenWritten on October 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Simply went right but that is so hard to do with a complicated schedule. Terrific experience worked well with very knowledgeable local guides. Could not of done this in the same timeframe if you organised it yourself. Brilliant loved every minute looking... Read more
- DCDeelipWritten on October 6, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Why don't you ask about the bus driver? The driver is very important part of a road trip. The bus driver 'Bobbie' was excellent and a careful driver. Your office activities such as taxi, accommodation etc may require some stream lining.
- SCStephenWritten on September 2, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a brilliant tour that took in all of the Western Balkans. Every day was exciting. There were so many beautiful cities and towns that we stayed at or visited including Mostar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Prizren, Berat, Ohrid and my favourite, Sarajevo. The... Read more
- DDebraHammenWritten on August 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great trip with an opportunity to see everything we hoped and more. Great itinerary with very little down time (other than on the bus traveling). All the hotels were in great locations - with no more than a 10 minute walk to places for food and drink.... Read more
- RTRICHARDWritten on August 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a quick overview of the Balkans, with stops in most countries for 2 days, sometimes in one location, sometimes in two locations. Rumi did a good job of handling logistics while Boris was a highly skilled bus driver. We had an additional... Read more
- JHJosephWritten on August 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
very good tour of the balkans
- AAnonymousWritten on August 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
great group,great guide
- AGAnneWritten on August 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
our guide was the best and a very good group to travel with
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1. Sofia
- Day 2. Sofia – Kruševac – Studenica (Serbia)
- Day 3. Studenica – Visegrad – Sarajevo (Serbia/Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Day 4. Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Day 5. Sarajevo – Mostar – Trebinje – Dubrovnuk (Bosnia and Herzegovina/Croatia)
- Day 6. Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- Day 7. Dubrovnik – Herzeg Novi – Kotor (Croatia/Montenegro)
- Day 8. Kotor – Pec (Montenegro/Kosovo)
- Day 9. Pec – Prizren (Kosovo)
- Day 10. Prizren – Tirana (Kosovo/Albania)
- Day 11. Tirana – Ohrid (Albania/Macedonia)
- Day 12. Ohrid - Skopje (Macedonia).
- Day 13. Skopje – Sofia (Macedonia/Bulgaria)
- Day 14. Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Private airport transfers to/from your scheduled hotel are included in tour price on the arrival and departure days, no matter the time of arrival at Sofia Airport. If you arrive or depart outside of the tour itinerary transfers are able to be arranged for an additional cost.
Are entrance fees included in the tour price?
Entrance fees are payable on arrival as Penguin Travel likes to give you the flexibility to choose the places you wish to visit on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$40USD $967+ $113 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$40USD $967+ $113 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$40USD $967+ $113 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$45USD $1,075+ $113 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayAug 9, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$45USD $1,075+ $113 Local Payment
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridaySep 6, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$45USD $1,075+ $113 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$45USD $1,075+ $113 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayOct 25, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$40USD $967+ $113 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Kosovo
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania and Macedonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Macedonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Sofia.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Penguin Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 January 2019 the full payment of $967 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $967 for Balkan Kaleidoscope, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Penguin Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Penguin Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 243 km
- Kragujevac (Serbia)
- 133 km
- Visegrad (Bosnia)
- 84 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 82 km
- Trebinje (Bosnia)
- 21 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 42 km
- Herceg Novi (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Perast (Montenegro)
- 9 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $967 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,457 tours in Europe
- covered by 268 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Balkan Kaleidoscope via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 47 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Kaleidoscope