- Our saving
- US $ 969
- Enter the land of Game of Thrones in stunning Dubrovnik
- Shop for souvenirs at the old Turkish bazaar in Sarajevo
- Climb the Vitosha mountain and gaze down at Sophia
- Admire the incredible medieval literary centre of Ohrid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1. Sofia
- Day 2. Sofia – Kruševac – Studenica (Serbia)
- Day 3. Studenica – Visegrad – Sarajevo (Serbia/Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Day 4. Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Day 5. Sarajevo – Mostar – Trebinje – Dubrovnuk (Bosnia and Herzegovina/Croatia)
- Day 6. Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- Day 7. Dubrovnik – Herzeg Novi – Kotor (Croatia/Montenegro)
- Day 8. Kotor – Pec (Montenegro/Kosovo)
- Day 9. Pec – Prizren (Kosovo)
- Day 10. Prizren – Tirana (Kosovo/Albania)
- Day 11. Tirana – Ohrid (Albania/Macedonia)
- Day 12. Ohrid - Skopje (Macedonia).
- Day 13. Skopje – Sofia (Macedonia/Bulgaria)
- Day 14. Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- RhondaWritten on August 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This was an excellent tour that exceeded my expectations. Vera, our guide, and Nikolai, our driver, were wonderful. Vera is professional, personable and organized. Nikolai, our bus driver, was skilled, punctual and professional. I liked the balance of... Read moreReview collected by Penguin Travel
- LouisaWritten on August 14, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was an amazing tour and packed so much in, my only suggestion for improvement would be to have the tour over three weeks instead of two as everything was a bit rushed!Review collected by Penguin Travel
- EEmmamarshallWritten on July 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The best holiday ever, exceeded our expectations for the price. Too many highlights, but I loved the fireflies when we stayed at the monestery in Serbia... Sarajevo was a highlight, and all the swimming. Such good information from our tour guide and all the... Read more
- GEOFFWritten on July 14, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Enjoyed everything about the tour. Great accommodation and good mix of travelling and 2 night stops. Thoroughly enjoyed a Hotel Splendido in Kotter. Best location by the water with a swimming pool with heated water as well. Our guide Rumi was totally... Read moreReview collected by Penguin Travel
- AnonymousWritten on July 13, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour provides a great overview of some of the lesser visited countries in the Balkans. To see so many places involves a lot of driving but our driver, Emil, was fantastic. And our guide, Rumi, was wonderful and made sure everything went smoothly. She... Read moreReview collected by Penguin Travel
- RobCruikshankWritten on July 13, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Exceeded our expectations. On the go but a good pace. Avoiding where possible busy tourists routes. Very informative. Our guide Rumi was pleasant and calm. Skopje was a good addition to the last leg of tour.Review collected by Penguin Travel
- DDCarlsonWritten on July 1, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
My family and I greatly enjoyed this memorable tour through 8 Balkan countries. It was a wonderful opportunity to see and learn about the complex histories and cultures of these countries. At various stops, we had knowledgeable local guides who led us on... Read more
- MMarkWritten on July 1, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Overall,this trip was very interesting! I got to see many countries that I never would have travelled to on my own. I really enjoyed Dubrovnik,Kotor, Mostar and many other places. I always felt safe with our bus driver navigating all the mountain roads.Our... Read more
- KKmaroliWritten on June 30, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Excellent Itinerary. We loved all the places that we visited and would have never been able to do these if were to travel on our own in the given amount of time. Mostar definitely needed a bit of more time. The stay near Studenica Monastery , Serbia was... Read more
- MichaelWritten on June 26, 20192.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The Good The Bad and The Ugly. First the good: The tour is very ambitious and takes you to some incredible places. You see how different cultures live. The hotels on the whole were quite nice. The Bad: Too much drive time on bus. No bathroom on bus.... Read moreReview collected by Penguin Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Private airport transfers to/from your scheduled hotel are included in tour price on the arrival and departure days, no matter the time of arrival at Sofia Airport. If you arrive or depart outside of the tour itinerary transfers are able to be arranged for an additional cost.
Are entrance fees included in the tour price?
Entrance fees are payable on arrival as Penguin Travel likes to give you the flexibility to choose the places you wish to visit on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lillian16th January 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Sofia0 seats left$33USD $1,078+ $112 Local PaymentSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$33USD $1,078+ $112 Local Payment
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Sofia14 DaysFridayOct 25, 2019to Sofia0 seats left$30USD $969+ $112 Local PaymentSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Sofia14 DaysFridayApr 17, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$30USD $969+ $112 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Sofia14 DaysFridayMay 15, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$30USD $969+ $112 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 30, 2020from Sofia14 DaysFridayJun 12, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$30USD $969+ $112 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 27, 2020from Sofia14 DaysFridayJul 10, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$33USD $1,078+ $112 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from Sofia14 DaysFridayAug 7, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$33USD $1,078+ $112 Local Payment
- SaturdayAug 22, 2020from Sofia14 DaysFridaySep 4, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$33USD $1,078+ $112 Local Payment
- SaturdaySep 19, 2020from Sofia14 DaysFridayOct 2, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$30USD $969+ $112 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Kosovo
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania and Macedonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Macedonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Sofia.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 23 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 23 October 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Penguin Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Penguin Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Penguin Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Penguin Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Penguin Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 243 km
- Kragujevac (Serbia)
- 133 km
- Visegrad (Bosnia)
- 84 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 82 km
- Trebinje (Bosnia)
- 21 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 42 km
- Herceg Novi (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Perast (Montenegro)
- 9 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $969 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,032 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Balkan Kaleidoscope via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 60 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Kaleidoscope