Aegean Trooper Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 558
- Learn about the battle of Gallipoli
- Bring the Trojan horse back to life in Troy
- Experience the mystery in Ephesus
- Soak up the rich history of Istanbul
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- RITAWritten on December 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis is a well organised tour which is full of historical experience, I have enjoyed myself very much ! Heriopolis is a must for anyone visiting Turkey.Show detailed ratings
- FarihaWritten on December 12, 20174.0 - GoodI was a solo traveler and had been part of the Aegean Trooper Tour which was amazing. It was a small group of amazing Australian (who are more like family now), the tour guide Aaron was simply fantastic with providing info on history and made sure all of us are comfy and enjoying the trip. The driver Murat knew his car and route well and it was fun to be part of this group. The only thing which i need to highlight is my stay in Colossae thermal spa hotel (suppose to be 5 star) it was not upto standards, i had 3 beds in my room and it was just not a good experience at that hotel considering i even had a tough time with the reception guy who was rude as well. Although Aaron (our tour guide) had sorted things (the guy apologized) i really request to change the hotel option as this hotel and poor customer service ruined my evening. i would suggest this tour group and specifically Aaron and Murat to my friends and family but will warn them about the hotels picked as well. Over all i loved the group tour.Show detailed ratings
- RDReneeWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy trip was all and more than I expected. I was impressed the Fez Travel did not cancel the tour due to the lack of numbers of passengers. There was only 2 of us. Our guide had a lot of changing and rearranging to do, but everything went smoothly. Transport was good, Hotels and meals were great.Show detailed ratings
- ClaireWritten on May 23, 20163.5 - GoodThis tour definitely took you to the must see key place in Western Turkey, which can be very difficult to do if trying to use public transport and/or travel independently. Overall I think this tour is definitely worth considering if time is an issue, as it worked for me perfectly based on departure date and number of days. However I think there are a few points to call out that may simply be specific to the tour I was on, so please take them with a grain of salt when considering this tour. Our tour guide whilst quite social, was also very vocal (in many ways), whilst he spoke very clearly/loudly, his english actually seemed to worsen over the tour. He also was keen to share his political/ethical/historical opinion and subjectives thoughts, which I feel is a big no no when it comes to Tour Guide Training 101. Especially when I'm on tour of this nature I'm eager to just learn the facts and most academically endorsed history. The guide also seem to manipulate the tour a little to his personal preferences and not those expressed by the group. I was happy to tolerate the visit to the rug wholesaler, as learning about the techniques was quite interesting, however the visit to leather factory (as per previous comments I've read) was just bizarre and frustrating. I was keen to spend as much time as possible exploring Hierapolis and the Calcium Travetines, however the day was restricted by it starting with a very awkward leather fashion show, followed by being ushered through showrooms of over priced and in some cases fake products; even if Fez Travel do get a commission I don't understand how this can provide overall value to the business. A comment more unrelated to the specific tour, but something I want to also call out is that a lot of the ancient sites, aren't actually in their natural states, a lot of them have been 'reconstructed/rebuilt' in very recent history (which is not clearly marked by the Turkish authorities), which I just found a little disappointing, as I like to see things in their natural condition.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on March 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentThe tour exceeded our expectations - the itinerary was fantastic (and not something we could have covered by ourselves). It was well organised, covered a lot of ground and the group bonded really well. The highlight of the tour, in addition to the fabulous sites (my favourite was Ephusus) was Faruk Yildiz and our driver. Faruk brought things to life, by telling us not just about the sites and their history, but also about life in Turkey and the regions we were visiting. He was always polite, knowledgable, and is a great asset to your company. We have great memories and I can't thank him enough, so we are recommending both beautiful Turkey, Fez Travel and Faruk to our friends.
- AAnonymousWritten on April 29, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe tour was woderful. Ahmet was very knowledgabile and could answer all of our questions. The time travelling on the bus gave us the chance to see the countryside, agriculture and villages of Turkey. It would be great to visit or stay in Bergama. The hotel in Kusadasi was great, as we could walk in to town.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 20, 20125.0 - ExcellentWe accepted the Lonely Planet Guide Book's recommendation of Fez Travel's five day Aegean Trooper Tour. We found the tour's value, itinerary and pace, guide and driver professionalism, standard of transport and accommodation to be comparable with Insight and Trafalgar tours we've experienced previously.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Monday - Gallipoli Battlefields
- Day 2 - Tuesday - Troy, Acropolis of Pergamum
- Day 3 - Wednesday - Ephesus, Kusadasi
- Day 4 - Thursday - Pamukkale, Hierapolis
- Day 5 - Friday - Bursa, Istanbul
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 1, 2016
Can you please let me know if its possible to be picked up from airport and then dropped off at the end of the tour?
Aegean Trooper tour includes pick-up & drop-off from the hotels in Taksim & Sultanahmet area. The tour starts with a departure from Sultanahmet area at 7am - quite early in the morning - that is why we do recommend our guests to arrive Istanbul at least a night before departure date.
- January 1, 2016
Can you arrange a pre accommodation in Istanbul?
A pre accommodation in Istanbul can be provided with airport transfer, if needed.
Pre-acoommodation at Momento Hotel in a single room per night with breakfast.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
Aegean Trooper Tour
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Istanbul5 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$17USD $558
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Istanbul.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Fez Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2018 the full payment of $558 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $558 for Aegean Trooper Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Fez Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Fez Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 205 km
- Gallipoli (Turkey)
- 39 km
- Anzac Cove (Turkey)
- 13 km
- Canakkale (Turkey)
- 29 km
- Troy (Turkey)
- 122 km
- Pergamum (Turkey)
- 135 km
- Ephesus (Turkey)
- 14 km
- Kusadasi (Turkey)
- 162 km
- Pamukkale (Turkey)
- 261 km
- Bursa (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $558 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Aegean Trooper Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Aegean Trooper Tour