Northern Explorer - 18 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 2,690
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- PBPatrickWritten on September 19, 20174.0 - GoodLots of country's but a bit rushedShow detailed ratings
- jemWritten on July 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentFantastic trip! Grace and Paul were great.Wish we had more time in Estonia and Latvia.Show detailed ratings
- DDDavidWritten on July 8, 20174.5 - ExcellentGuide was terrific, hotels were adequate, trip was very well conceived and well executed within a budget. I would certainly use Expat Explore again for a tour that suited my destination requirements and timetable.Show detailed ratings
- ErwinWritten on November 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentExpat Explore Travel is one of the best that I experienced, I booked with them last year, this year I was with them again for the Northern Explorer for 18 days; Willy Our tour guide is one of a kind person, funny and handsome man; and surprise !! Carl and Jack the co-founder of Expat Explore were with us in the tour, and they are both down to earth and accommodating; the tour itself is so amazing and we visited most of the major tourist spots; the accommodations are best since most were near the tourist spots and transport area; I do highly recommend Expat Explore for your tours and that is why I booked again a tour for 2017 on their 1st Balkan Explore..Show detailed ratings
- RoyWritten on August 29, 20164.5 - ExcellentCarly was our guide, did a great job of keeping us on time. Hotels were all good and only one was a bit far from downtown. I would have liked more rest days but then the tour would have been longer and more expensive. Good value for your money.Show detailed ratings
- DianaWritten on August 29, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe had a very busy and tiring trip to Northern Europe! Despite of some rainy weather the journey was most enjoyable. Our tour guide and driver made sure that we had a smooth, well organised and fun trip. Accommodations, meals, sight seeing tours were fine and definitely value for money.Show detailed ratings
- GQGloriaWritten on June 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentExcellent tour with great value, beyond my expectations.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam - Hamburg - Northern Germany
- Day 3: Northern Germany - Copenhagen
- Day 4: Helsingør - Stockholm
- Day 5: Stockholm free morning - Helsinki (Overnight Ferry)
- Day 6: Helsinki
- Day 7: Helsinki - St Petersburg
- Day 8: St Petersburg - Free day
- Day 9: St Petersburg - Free day
- Day 10: St Petersburg - Tallinn
- Day 11: Tallinn - Riga
- Day 12: Hill of Crosses - Vilnius
- Day 13: Trakai - Warsaw
- Day 14: Warsaw - Free day
- Day 15: Poznan - Berlin
- Day 16: Berlin - Free day
- Day 17: Hannover - Amsterdam
- Day 18: Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2017
Is a single supplement mandatory on this tour?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
- November 1, 2016
Is there a fee in changing the itinerary of this tour?
Yes, there is a fee. To adjust your itinerary, we need to ensure to add this to your booking and must be confirmed atleast 30 days prior to departure.
- September 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
133 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Northern Explorer - 18 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 6th August 20181 comment"Grant and Karita from Brisbane, Australia ... this is our 2nd Expat adventure - we did the 26 day Ultimate Europe tour in 2016 .. had an awesome time ! We made some amazing memories and great friends and we are looking forward to doing the same on this trip "
- Departs 27th August 20181 comment"Looking forward to meeting everyone! This is second tour with Expat Explore and we can't wait!"
- Departs 10th September 20187 comments"Looks like I'm the first. Hello to those who come join later :)"
- Departs 17th September 20184 comments"Hi "+1
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Northern Explorer - 18 Days
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Amsterdam9 seats left$1,200$4,295-28%USD $3,095
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayAug 23, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 1 seat left$1,200$4,295-28%USD $3,095
- MondayAug 20, 2018from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 1 seat left$1,200$4,295-28%USD $3,095
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 3 seats left$1,200$4,295-28%USD $3,095
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Amsterdam4 seats left$1,200$4,295-28%USD $3,095
- MondaySep 17, 2018from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to AmsterdamOnly 1 seat left$1,200$4,295-28%USD $3,095
- MondayApr 15, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayMay 2, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$1,605$4,295-37%USD $2,690
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Finland , Estonia , Latvia and Lithuania
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Amsterdam.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 July 2018 the full payment of $2,690 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2690 for Northern Explorer - 18 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 366 km
- Hamburg (Germany)
- 289 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 522 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 396 km
- Helsinki (Finland)
- 300 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 317 km
- Tallinn (Estonia)
- 280 km
- Riga (Latvia)
- 262 km
- Vilnius (Lithuania)
- 393 km
- Warsaw (Poland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,690 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Explorer - 18 Days