Northern Explorer - 18 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 2,405
- Rather Poor
- AnitaWritten on September 24, 20184.0 - GoodIt was a very well run tour. Grace (she really knew her history and was well organised) and Paul (our driver) were excellent. Accommodation was great apart from a couple of hotels (Sweden in particular which was not good and the ferry which was so noisy we couldn't sleep). Our only complaint was that it was a very full on tour and we didn't get to see enough of some places. I would have preferred 2 nights in each place as I felt we needed longer in the Baltic states. Some very long days on the coach but overall an enjoyable experience.Show detailed ratings
- DMDonnaWritten on September 8, 20183.0 - AverageIf I had a tour member crying during a tour I would step up and ask why. I would not scold tour members and I would go the extra mile to help when asked for information. My tour members would be taken care of not just found free bathrooms, although they were appreciated. A young lady that tried very hard to do a good job but who has a lot to learn about taking care of people.Show detailed ratings
- AWArleneWritten on October 1, 20174.0 - GoodThis was my first time with Expat. The weather was nasty the entire trip and it certainly changed the tone of other trips I have taken. It rain everyday. The tour guide and driver were exceptional and made the trip very pleasant.Show detailed ratings
- GKGeraldineWritten on September 30, 20172.0 - Rather poorNightmare tourShow detailed ratings
- PBPatrickWritten on September 19, 20174.0 - GoodLots of country's but a bit rushedShow detailed ratings
- jemWritten on July 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentFantastic trip! Grace and Paul were great.Wish we had more time in Estonia and Latvia.Show detailed ratings
- DDDavidWritten on July 8, 20174.5 - ExcellentGuide was terrific, hotels were adequate, trip was very well conceived and well executed within a budget. I would certainly use Expat Explore again for a tour that suited my destination requirements and timetable.Show detailed ratings
- MKMartiWritten on June 28, 20172.5 - AverageWe had more travel time then city time in the first 3 days. You shouldn't advertise we are visiting a city when we are only there for 90 minutes and the bus picks us up to take us to our out of town hotel. Also it was not 18 days. It was 17.Show detailed ratings
- ErwinWritten on November 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentExpat Explore Travel is one of the best that I experienced, I booked with them last year, this year I was with them again for the Northern Explorer for 18 days; Willy Our tour guide is one of a kind person, funny and handsome man; and surprise !! Carl and Jack the co-founder of Expat Explore were with us in the tour, and they are both down to earth and accommodating; the tour itself is so amazing and we visited most of the major tourist spots; the accommodations are best since most were near the tourist spots and transport area; I do highly recommend Expat Explore for your tours and that is why I booked again a tour for 2017 on their 1st Balkan Explore..Show detailed ratings
- RoyWritten on August 29, 20164.5 - ExcellentCarly was our guide, did a great job of keeping us on time. Hotels were all good and only one was a bit far from downtown. I would have liked more rest days but then the tour would have been longer and more expensive. Good value for your money.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam - Hamburg - Northern Germany
- Day 3: Northern Germany - Copenhagen
- Day 4: Helsingør - Stockholm
- Day 5: Stockholm free morning - Helsinki (Overnight Ferry)
- Day 6: Helsinki
- Day 7: Helsinki - St Petersburg
- Day 8: St Petersburg - Free day
- Day 9: St Petersburg - Free day
- Day 10: St Petersburg - Tallinn
- Day 11: Tallinn - Riga
- Day 12: Hill of Crosses - Vilnius
- Day 13: Trakai - Warsaw
- Day 14: Warsaw - Free day
- Day 15: Poznan - Berlin
- Day 16: Berlin - Free day
- Day 17: Hannover - Amsterdam
- Day 18: Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
The single supplement is not mandatory for this tour, as travellers can be roomed with a fellow traveller of the same sex for no additional cost. This is a great way to get to know your group and enrich your travel experience! If you would prefer a little more privacy, a single supplement can be paid, which will guarantee you your own room for the duration of the tour. Please contact our Travel Experts to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Bernardette, 59 years old15th September 2018
Northern Explorer - 18 Days
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- December 2019
- MondayApr 15, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayMay 2, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$275$3,280-8%USD $3,005
- MondayApr 29, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to Amsterdam0 seats leftUSD $3,280Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayMay 13, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$875$3,280-27%USD $2,405
- MondayJun 3, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayJun 20, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$710$3,280-22%USD $2,570
- MondayJun 10, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayJun 27, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$710$3,280-22%USD $2,570
- MondayJun 24, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$875$3,280-27%USD $2,405
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayJul 18, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$710$3,280-22%USD $2,570
- MondayJul 15, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayAug 1, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$710$3,280-22%USD $2,570
- MondayJul 22, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayAug 8, 2019to Amsterdam10+ seats left$710$3,280-22%USD $2,570
- MondayAug 12, 2019from Amsterdam18 DaysThursdayAug 29, 2019to AmsterdamUSD $3,280
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Finland , Estonia , Latvia and Lithuania
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia, Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Amsterdam.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $2,405 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2405 for Northern Explorer - 18 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 366 km
- Hamburg (Germany)
- 289 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 522 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 396 km
- Helsinki (Finland)
- 300 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 317 km
- Tallinn (Estonia)
- 280 km
- Riga (Latvia)
- 262 km
- Vilnius (Lithuania)
- 393 km
- Warsaw (Poland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,405 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Explorer - 18 Days