The Southern Safari
- Tour Operator:
- Absolute Africa
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 80
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1 - 4: TANZANIA
- Days 5 - 11: TANZANIA
- Days 12 - 17: TANZANIA - MALAWI
- Days 18 - 23: ZAMBIA - ZIMBABWE
- Days 24 - 27: ZIMBABWE
- Days 28 - 30: ZIMBABWE
- Days 31 - 36: BOTSWANA
- Days 37 - 45: NAMIBIA
- Days 46 - 53: NAMIBIA - SOUTH AFRICA
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- QYQin· November 25th, 2018I did the 52 day Southern Safari trip with Absolute Africa traveling from Nairobi to Cape Town. Highlights include rafting along the Zambezi river, Spitzkoppe and of course all the amazing animals we saw on safari (Serengeti, endangered rhinos at... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for leaving your feedback. We are glad to hear that overall you had an enjoyable tour and got to see all the fantastic wildlife and more that you would hope to see in Africa. At the same time we are disappointed to read your assessment of... Show moreTrip date: September 2018
- BKByungjoon· August 12th, 2017My wife and I spent wonderful time with Absolute Africa. All of crew and people were nice and kind. I shared every single moment of this trip on my SNS.Absolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your review Byungjoon. Its good to hear you both had a great time on the safari with us, and would love to welcome you back again with Absolute Africa should you return to Africa.Trip date: June 2017
- CCharlotte· November 8th, 2016This trip was incredible from start to finish. I was worried about travelling alone, however there were plenty of other people on the tour who were all lovely and we became like a family during the tour and I have made life long friends from this. Our... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your comments, Charlotte. It's great to hear that you have had such a fab time on your tour and made the most of being in this special continent :)Trip date: August 2016
- Philip· February 25th, 2016This was the first African trip my wife and I have done, and what an incredible trip it was! The organisation of absolute africa was fantastic and we enjoyed every single day with no booking issues at all. An extremely exciting tour my favorite one of... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your comments Philip, its great that you had such an enjoyable trip!Trip date: November 2015
- Gráinne· December 22nd, 2015What an absolutely amazing trip I had with Absolute Africa! This was without a doubt the trip of a lifetime. Troy, JB and David took amazing care of us. I cannot recommend this company and this tour enough. Will definitely be going back to Africa with... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your comments Grainne and lovely to hear you had such a fantastic time on your trip.Trip date: September 2015
- Neil· May 15th, 2015What an incredible trip! Highly recommend the Southern Safari to everyone! Extremely good value for money, and also had amazing drivers and tour leader! Especially JB and Philippa! Both of them were always helpful and positive despite the stress that... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your kind words, we are so please to hear you enjoyed yourself!Trip date: March 2015
- Esther· December 13th, 2014Our guide was our mentor and friend and always put us first. She was very approachable and knowledgeable of all the places we stopped at. She made sure we were having the best time possible and helped us whenever we had issues. I value the effort put... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewIt's great to hear such kind words about our tour leader Vialet, we're glad she made your trip special!Trip date: November 2011
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday21 Mar, 2021EnglishWednesday12 May, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment
- Monday24 May, 2021EnglishThursday15 Jul, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Wednesday23 Jun, 2021EnglishSaturday14 Aug, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Sunday18 Jul, 2021EnglishWednesday8 Sep, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Wednesday4 Aug, 2021EnglishSaturday25 Sep, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Friday20 Aug, 2021EnglishMonday11 Oct, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Thursday16 Sep, 2021EnglishSunday7 Nov, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Thursday14 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday5 Dec, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Tuesday9 Nov, 2021EnglishFriday31 Dec, 2021$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
- Tuesday28 Dec, 2021EnglishFriday18 Feb, 2022$2,272+ $625Local Payment0% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I have special dietary requirements?
- Is tipping included?
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
- Are flights included?
- Are any vaccines required?
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
- What are the inclusions of the tour?
- Is there a hotel list available?
- Do I need a visa?
- What are the optional excursions?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Africa
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Wildebeest Migration in Africa 2021 (incl. Migration Map)
- 10 Best Overland Travel Companies (Based on 1576 Reviews)
- Africa from Nairobi
- Africa Overland Truck
- 53 days Africa
- From Nairobi to Cape Town
- Operators in Africa
- Overland Truck tours
- Southern Africa tours
- Africa tours