Gorillas and Game Parks
- Tour Operator:
- Absolute Africa
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 80
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Explore the Uganda Equator
- Visit Dian Fossey's grave
- Gorilla Trekking and Serengeti National Park
- Game cruise at Queen Elizabeth Park
- Discover local culture at Mto Wa Mbu markets
- Day 1 UGANDA
- Day 2 UGANDA
- Day 3-5 UGANDA
- Day 6-8 UGANDA - RWANDA
- Day 9-11 TANZANIA
- Day 12-14 TANZANIA
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Absolute Africa
With over thirty years of experience running safaris from London to Cape Town and living and working on the Continent, enjoy the thrills, laughs, smiles and challenges of Africa with us, knowing that our crew, staff and management are doing all possible to make your safari memorable. In 1979 we crossed the Sahara Desert in a London taxi from Britain to Kenya. The company has grown from there and now operates 10 overland trucks in East and Southern Africa. Our choice of vehicle has changed whilst we retain the core idea of enabling passengers to experience Africa at an affordable price.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- BSBernadette Katharina· August 2nd, 2022The trip was great - thoroughly enjoyed the 14-days programme. Well organized. Experienced and professional leadership by Joe - great, great professional assistance by Jonesmus and good save driving by Mugo. Thank you. Just a question: Why is this trip... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewHi Bernadette, Thank you for leaving your review. We are glad to hear you had a great time on your trip and will pass on your comments to Joe, Jonesmus and Mugo. With regard to the price rises, the Gorillas and Game Parks tour now includes the... Show moreTrip date: July 2022
- ESEmily· August 1st, 2019Well organised, fantastic trip of a lifetime! We had the best crew with Nash as guide and Steve as driver. Both so helpful, attentive, we felt safe, had so much fun, food was varied and tasty! We miss truck life a lot! tents easy to put up and... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThanks you for leaving a review of your tour, Emily! And great to hear you had such a wonderful time. We will pass on your comments to Nash and Steve for you too :)Trip date: July 2019
- David· November 30th, 2017The people on my tour were largely awful (trashy Ozzies and Brits you meet at hostels who think that they run the place) but that's not really the company's fault. The itinerary is beyond stupid. Literally you drive for 8 to 12 hours a day. Unpack your... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewHi David, We were sad to read your comments. Our itineraries aim to present travel highlights in the best time frame possible at a great price, travelling remote as well as main tourist routes. In order to run a trip such as the Gorillas and Game... Show moreTrip date: June 2016
- Sally· July 7th, 2017Its an early start and a long bumpy ride to the gorillas. On the way you will see fantastic scenery and villages coming to life as the day breaks. Children walking miles to school in the dark. The whole trip is an event with the climax being the... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your review, Sally. You paint a beautiful description of travelling overland through East Africa and seeing what, for many, is the key highlight of our tours to this region. We would love to have you back on the Big Yellow Truck if you... Show moreTrip date: June 2017
- KkatyD· July 7th, 2017The guide and driver were both good. Unfortunately, the trip was not that good. The young people, and those who were older but trying to relive their 20s, spent the whole time screaming drunk. And, I do mean LOUD! Like all the time! They were so... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewWe are glad to hear that you were happy with your tour leader and driver - we select our crew very carefully and they are a huge asset to Absolute. We are disappointed for you though that you were not so happy with other aspects of your tour and, this... Show moreTrip date: May 2017
- JJodie· September 28th, 2016It's the connections with people, animals and the amazing African landscapes that makes this trip incredible! This trip includes some amazing experiences from Gorillas, chimp walks, having hippos outside your tent, camping in national parks, masai... Show moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThanks you for taking the time to leave a review, Jodie. We are very happy to hear you got so much out of your Gorillas and Game Parks tour and will of course pass on your comments to Derek and Angelo. We hope you will travel back Africa with us again... Show moreTrip date: August 2016
- PPJ· September 7th, 2016This tour was amazing, went in with huge expectations and was still blown away. Absolute Africa brilliant every step of the way, tour guide, Derek, could not have been better. If your looking for a tour around 2 weeks can't recommend this one highly enoughAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewHi PJ - thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad to hear you had a blast on your tour and we will pass the comments onto Derek :)Trip date: August 2016
- GGlenn· December 8th, 2014Best tour I have ever been on. No faults, guide Aly awesome, great group, great food, great tours, unforgettable gorillas.Absolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your trip!Trip date: November 2011
- Billie-Jo· September 3rd, 2014Fantastic trip! Love this company.. Would recommend again!Absolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you! So glad you had a fantastic trip. We hope to see you back in Africa soon for some of the other countries too! The Team @ Absolute AfricaTrip date: September 2010
- Vanja· August 22nd, 2014You wont regret if you chose Absolute Africa for the adventure of your life.Absolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you! Glad you enjoyed the adventure :) The Team @ Absolute AfricaTrip date: June 2014
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday9 Jul, 2023Saturday22 Jul, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,789
- Tuesday8 Aug, 2023Monday21 Aug, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,789
- 1 Other Unavailable Departure
- Monday4 Sep, 2023Sunday17 Sep, 2023English$2,789
- Wednesday4 Oct, 2023Tuesday17 Oct, 2023English$2,7890% Interest Instalments
- Monday30 Oct, 2023Sunday12 Nov, 2023English$2,7890% Interest Instalments
- Monday18 Dec, 2023Sunday31 Dec, 2023English$2,7890% Interest Instalments
- Saturday3 Feb, 2024Friday16 Feb, 2024English$2,7890% Interest Instalments
- Sunday3 Mar, 2024Saturday16 Mar, 2024English$2,7890% Interest Instalments
- Sunday5 May, 2024Saturday18 May, 2024English$2,7890% Interest Instalments
- Friday7 Jun, 2024Thursday20 Jun, 2024English$2,7890% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this trip guaranteed to depart?
Yes. This trip is guaranteed to go.
- How much will this tour really cost me?
The costs to consider when travelling overland are:
Safari price & Local payment,
Personal spending money,
We are always very transparent about what a tour will cost and are happy to go through personal, tailored budgets to give you a very realistic idea of what you will spend on your tour - whether you are an adrenaline junkie, souvenir-shopaholic or travelling on a shoestring…
Good to Know
- Rwanda FrancRwanda
- Tanzanian ShillingTanzania
- Uganda ShillingUganda
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, J, D, M, G. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, J, D, M. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, J, G.
- Type CRwanda
- Type ERwanda
- Type FRwanda
- Type JRwanda
- Type DTanzania
- Type MTanzania
- Type GTanzania and Uganda
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis - Recommended for Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever - Required for entrance into the country for Rwanda. Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Uganda. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before August 8th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after August 8th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Absolute Africa. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Absolute Africa will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Absolute Africa" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Absolute Africa. Please familiarise yourself with the Absolute Africa payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Africa
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Wildebeest Migration in Africa 2022 (incl. Migration Map)
- 10 Best Overland Travel Companies (with over 1000 reviews)
- 10 Best Overlanding Trips 2023/2024
- Africa from Kampala
- Africa Overland Truck
- 14 days Africa
- Operators in Africa
- Gorillas and Game Parks Tours in East Africa
- Overland Truck Tours
- Gorilla Trek Tours
- Tanzania and Uganda Tours
- East Africa Tours
- Overland Truck Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Safari Tours
- Wildlife Tours
- Gorilla Trekking Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Gorilla Trek
- Uganda tours
- Rwanda tours
- Tanzania tours