Ultimate Europe - 26 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 3,320
- Explore European cities such as Bruges, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Vienna
- Great value-for-money
- Visit the Prag historic city centre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Guaranteed departures
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KevinWritten on November 4, 20174.0 - GoodA wonderful experience that gave us an opportunity to visit some of the major cities of Europe. A tour that provided plenty of activity with non stop places to visit.Show detailed ratings
- GWGeordieWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis was a very good tour. I would have given it a 4.5 but couldn't. This tour visits so many destinations and is offered at a competitive price which is great value for money. For the majority of the tour, there is plenty of time to explore the cities and take optional tours. My only negative is the stop in Barcelona was unnecessary and made the final leg of the trip rushed and exhausting. The drive on the coach to/from Barcelona was very long (over 10 hours each way). i personally believe this should be cut so more time can be spent in Avignon, Munich and the Rhine Valley which were quickly glossed over. they are beautiful cities that offer more than Barcelona. Despite this, the tour, the tour guides (shout out to Perci and Sean) were excellent and the optional extras were excellent. Tip for new players, get a 3 mobile sim card in England before you leave to 1. give you a contact mobile number 2. allow you to use google maps to quickly navigate around the cities and 3. avoid getting lost. Enjoy the trip, I highly recommend, it was well worth the money.Show detailed ratings
- ILIvanWritten on October 21, 20174.0 - GoodTrip was better than I expected - so much history in sites visited. Walking tours great way to explore the destinations especially with the local guides.Show detailed ratings
- AHANGELAWritten on October 18, 20174.0 - GoodIt was hectic, a marathon, but we saw so many historic places, we learned history, we saw beautiful pieces of art in an very organized time & Percy was attentive & professional & understanding.Show detailed ratings
- johnWritten on October 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe Tour guide Laura was great, The Coach driver Sean was terrific, Both of them excelled in their roles & were most helpful throughout the tour. The locations were fantastic.Show detailed ratings
- NNarelleWritten on September 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentWhat an amazing 26 days we had! Our group of 43 travellers bonded early and well and everyone was friendly and interested in getting to know each other. Our tour leader Laura and driver Sean were two impressive professionals who knew their work and provided plenty of information for us step by step, with no overload of what was happening too far down the track. I feel this was so helpful in assisting us to relax and trust that they had all in hand. Laura often said 'this is your holiday, let me do the work'. The itinerary was full on, but manageable with (mostly) 2 night or 3 night stays, with some 1 nighters. We saw so much of Europe and this has given us the confidence to return to areas we would like to spend more time in, and to also avoid those places we feel we have seen sufficiently. This itinerary has been carefully designed to maximise the number of cities and countries visited. Well done Expat Explore!Show detailed ratings
- WendyWritten on September 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI enjoyed an amazing holiday with an incredible amount to see, experience and enjoy. Wonderful group on tour that bonded really well and quickly and all brought together with the incredible knowledge, assistance and fun loving attitudes of our tour leader Laura and amazing coach driver Sean. Top marks to them both. They did a wonderful job.Show detailed ratings
- MichaelWritten on September 20, 20174.0 - GoodWe had the most wonderful time. It was crazy busy and some of the accommodation was just to small for twin share. Overall we had the most wonderful experience with a fantastic group and the best tour leader Laura and bus driver Sean. Cheers Annie & MichaelShow detailed ratings
- YuviWritten on September 4, 20174.0 - GoodUltimate Europe - 26 Days If you have never been to Europe then this is a perfect package. I like to call it a taste of Europe because it gives you a little taste of each place so you can decide which place you want to visit again and spend maximum time. Date of Travel: 01 July 2017 - Most of Europe was extremely hot during this period especially if you not used to the heat. I wished I had done this late September when the temperature subsides and it's not too busy with other tourists. If you are a photographer it's even harder to get good shots with hundreds of people always in the shot during this time. Value for money: This is debatable, Yes and No. No - Considering the number of people on this tour and the group discounts the company gets for the quality of hotels and meals provided then No the value was not seen. Yes - If you never been to Europe and don't want to plan the trip and don't want the hassle of driving yourself and hiring a car and all the hassle of doing things alone then Yes it is Value for Money considering everything is planned out for you and you get driven in a comfortable coach. Transportation: The coach was new, air conditioned, smooth and comfortable. The seats recline but have common sense and notify the person behind you as they may have something on their tray. The Coach does not have USB charger ports except for the last row. (not all expat explore coaches are the same, I have seen some really old ones so don't take this review as if I am speaking for all of them) This coach does not have WIFI. Accommodation: Most of them were great, some were not so great as they were really old with small outdated bathrooms. Some people had issues with bed bugs and I had a broken bed in Prague. Hotel staff were great at most places, some were rude but I guess it's just the culture of that specific city as it was the same service received in restaurants and bars. The rest of the hotel staff were very helpful and understanding. If you have any issues just speak with them directly instead of going to the tour leader as the hotel staff will sort out the issue. When arriving in Switzerland, I don't recommend paying for the lunch option is a total waste of money. Refer to my pic. There are grocery stores near the hotel that you can buy bread rolls and cold meats salads etc. I highly recommend making your own food and taking it up. Meals: If you have a taste for new and different food then you will enjoy the different types of included meals offered. Since I am not much of a traveller I have not enjoyed most of it. Tour Leader: Leisha Connolly - was absolutely amazing, she took care of us and was never down, always bubbly and willing to help. She had some good games to play on the couch to get everyone to interact and break the ice. There is nothing more she could have done to be a better Tour Leader, her years of experience has already made the best she could possibly be. Her itinerary upon arriving in a new country was always detailed and full of information compared to another Expat Explore Tour Guides Itinerary. (refer to pic) Coach Driver: Captain Josh - he is a fantastic guy, always cheerful, always smiling and nothing seems to get him down even when faced with a difficult turn in that coach with cars and people all around the couch watching him in amazement with the look on their faces as to say how the hell is he going to make this turn. His driving skills are top notch. Please pass on my comment to the coach company that he is employed by. Would I Recommend Expat Explore? It's hard to say, I've only been on one tour with them. If you are doing this exact same tour and you lucky to have Captain Josh and Leisha Con then yes I would recommend them because they made this tour fun and exciting. Expat Explore Travel: Overall my experience was great, comfortable coach, great Driver and amazing Tour Leader. The owner of Expat Explore has horrific customer service skills. His response to my vegetarian sandwich with a lack of filling in the mustard covered bread with few pieces of lettuce and tomato was that people were complaining that their sandwich was too full and they had the filling fall out? His response to the value of the meal was that staff had to wake up early to make the sandwiches? Like really? Zero customer service skills! I cannot stress this enough, don't go for the lunch option in Switzerland. Total waste of money. Refer to my pic.Show detailed ratings
- RobynWritten on July 14, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was good value for the cost of it so that was the major positive. However the tour leader left much to be desired. I was fit and healthy enough to keep up with the pace at all times apart from in Rome when I found the heat too excessive and opted out of the optional trips. The problem with the tour leader was that she ran the tour in Gestapo like fashion. She was a know it that made no effort to be helpful to the majority of her travellers. I heard many complaints about her and how many of my co travellers were often too embarrassed to ask her an important question as the answer would be in a condescending fashion suffixed by the word darling. I for one would never go on an Expat tour unless I could be guaranteed she would not be involved. I will be passing this information on to my fellow New Zealanders. I was also rather upset that Expat did not get their act together to sort out the error with my booking. I had book and paid for a single supplement but in the early stages of the trip I was told in a very rude fashion by the tour leader to sort it out myself.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: London - Bruges - Amsterdam
Start point Outside Hotel Novotel at Greenwich station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 06:30
- Day 2: Dutch countryside tour
- Day 3: Amsterdam - Berlin
- Day 4: Berlin - Free day
- Day 5: Dresden - Prague
- Day 6: Prague - Free day
- Day 7: Bratislava - Vienna
- Day 8: Ljubljana - Venice
- Day 9: Venice - Free day
- Day 10: Venice - Rome
- Day 11: Rome - Free day
- Day 12: Rome - Free day
- Day 13: Rome - Florence - Tuscany
- Day 14: Pisa - French Riviera
- Day 15: French Riviera - Free day
- Day 16: Arles - Barcelona
- Day 17: Barcelona - Free day
- Day 18: Barcelona - Free day
- Day 19: Barcelona - Pont du Gard - Avignon
- Day 20: Geneva - Swiss Alps
- Day 21: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 22: Liechtenstein - Dachau - Munich - Bavaria
- Day 23: Bavaria - Rhine Valley
- Day 24: Rhine Valley - Luxembourg - Paris
- Day 25: Paris - Free day
Day 26: Return to London
End point Greenwich train station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 14:00 – 17:30
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Paris - Ibis la Defense
Address: 4 Boulevard de Neuilly, 92400 Courbevoie, France
Swiss Alps - Alpenrose Hotel & Gardens
Address: Kirchgasse 72B, 3812 Wilderswil, Switzerland
Tuscany - Hotel Massimo d'Azeglio
Address: Corso Matteotti 42, 51016 Montecatini Terme PT, Italy
Rome - Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
Address: Via Cristoforo Colombo, 710, 00144 Roma RM, Italy
Venice - Elite Residence Hotel
Address: Via Forte Marghera, 119, 30173 Venezia VE, Italy
Munich - ACHAT Premium München-Süd
Address: Perchtinger Str. 3, 81379 München, Germany
Rhine Valley - Rheinlust
Address: Rheinallee 27-30, 56154 Boppard, Germany
Amsterdam - Hampton by Hilton Schipol Airport
Address: Neptunusstraat 1, 2132 JA Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Prague - Hotel Duo
Address: Teplická 492, 190 00 Praha 9, Czechia
Vienna - Fourside Hotel Vienna City Center
Address: Grieshofgasse 11, 1120 Wien, Austria
Barcelona - Ibis Meridiana
Address: Heron City, Passeig d'Andreu Nin, 9, 08016 Barcelona, Spain
Avignon - Ibis Budget Avignon
Address: 8 Boulevard Saint-Dominique, 84000 Avignon, France
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
- 26 day Ultimate Europe Tour
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Can you help us with our visas if needed?
Unfortunately we are unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
- December 1, 2016
We are 3 people who would love to have this tour around Europe, is the tour package price in the website is good for one person?
The price for this tour is per person based on two people in each room. With three people travelling a triple room can be requested for you with Expat Explore, but it may not be available in every city on the tour so the third passenger would just be matched up with another solo traveller of the same sex to room with at no additional cost.
The other option would be to arrange a single room for the third traveller which would come at an additional cost.
- December 1, 2016
What is the exact price for this tour?
The tour operator Expat Explore has a changing price policy and they usually change their prices closer to the departure date. It really pays to book early with them as this is something that is not regulated on our side.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Worked in the industry for over 10 years now in various countries around Europe. Worked with Santa in..."
- "I love to travel, so this job is perfect. I get to meet passengers of all ages and from all over the..."
644 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Ultimate Europe - 26 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 23rd April 20188 comments"Hi I'm Geoff. Just booked to do this trip. "+1
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
Ultimate Europe - 26 Days
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- MondayApr 23, 2018from London26 DaysFridayMay 18, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $6,205Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from London26 DaysWednesdayMay 30, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,520$6,205-41%USD $3,685
- MondayMay 21, 2018from London26 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,595$6,205-42%USD $3,610
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from London26 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,520$6,205-41%USD $3,685
- MondayJun 18, 2018from London26 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,595$6,205-42%USD $3,610
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from London26 DaysWednesdayJul 25, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,675$6,205-43%USD $3,530
- MondayJul 16, 2018from London26 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,885$6,205-46%USD $3,320
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from London26 DaysWednesdayAug 22, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,885$6,205-46%USD $3,320
- MondayAug 13, 2018from London26 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,885$6,205-46%USD $3,320
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from London26 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to London10+ seats left$2,625$6,205-42%USD $3,580
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroBelgium , Netherlands , Germany , Slovakia , Austria , Slovenia , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , France , Spain and Luxembourg
- KorunaCzech Republic
- FrancSwitzerland and Liechtenstein
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Slovakia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 April 2018 the full payment of $3,320 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3320 for Ultimate Europe - 26 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 235 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 173 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 13 km
- Zaanse Schans (Netherlands)
- 13 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 577 km
- Berlin (Germany)
- 165 km
- Dresden (Germany)
- 118 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 291 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,320 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,407 tours in Europe
- covered by 183 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 74 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Europe - 26 Days