Treasures of the Balkans (2019)
- Our saving
- US $ 4,226
- JUST PAY $99 TODAY
- Listen to amusing tales from the locals in Budapest
- Visit the former Communist Headquarters of Bucharest
- Witness the opulent and sumptuous décor in Peleș Castle
- Embrace the myths and legends of Bran Castle
- Enjoy acoustics in the Church of the Holy Nativity
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Bucharest.
- Day 2: From Bucharest to Brașov.
- Day 3: Transylvania: Castles and Myths.
- Day 4: Veliko Tarnovo.
- Day 5: From the Old Bulgarian Capital to the New.
- Day 6: Sofia at Your Pace.
- Day 7: Skopje.
- Day 8: Ohrid and Tirana on the Move.
- Day 9: Kotor and Dubrovnik.
- Day 10: Dubrovnik Sightseeing.
- Day 11: Dubrovnik, Paradise on Earth.
- Day 12: Mostar and Sarajevo.
- Day 13: Sarajevo, City of Culture.
- Day 14: The Serbian Capital of Belgrade.
- Day 15: The Best of Belgrade.
- Day 16: Across to Budapest.
- Day 17: Budapest, Queen of the Danube.
- Day 18: Depart Budapest.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- DDeniseMilesWritten on July 13, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My 11th tour with Insight Vacations and by far one of the best. The attention to detail was amazing. Mario our TD and Dario our driver were 'the best'. Accomodation was first class. Overall an exceptional experience, even the border crossings
- RossWritten on July 6, 20193.5 - Good
Good itinerary, accommodation, fellow travelers and driver. Worst ever guide!Show detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing this with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with Insight Vacations. However, we acknowledge your observations in relation to your Travel Director which will be shared with our team for further review. Nevertheless, we still hope that you were able to take home with you lots of amazing memories of your time in the Balkans.Review collected by Insight Vacations
- GAGloriaWritten on October 3, 20184.0 - Good
Trip review Considering the places we visited, it was an ambitious one. I believe Bucharest is a very interesting city, which deserved more than 3 hours visit. And on top of it, the guide tour, was a very mediocre one, he just gave us the minimum... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall experience on the road with us. However, we acknowledge your observations in regards to the accommodations and meals provided at certain destinations and also the itinerary. Rest assured that these will be shared with our team for further review to see where changes could be made to better our guest experience going forward. That being said, it pleases to read that you enjoyed your very comfortable coach rides and overall you had an amazing time in the Balkans.
- WHWaldoWritten on August 25, 20184.5 - Excellent
Overall excellent. Very nice group of people, without exception, who were fun to socialize with.Show detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about the wonderful time you had on the Treasures of the Balkans trip. We are extremely proud to hear that our staff helped set the perfect tone for a memorable holiday. Similarly, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Linda18th July 2019
Treasures of the Balkans (2019)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- MondayAug 5, 2019from Bucharest18 DaysThursdayAug 22, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $4,825
- MondayAug 19, 2019from Bucharest18 DaysThursdaySep 5, 2019to Budapest8 seats leftUSD $4,825
- MondayAug 26, 2019from Bucharest18 DaysThursdaySep 12, 2019to BudapestOnly 1 seat leftUSD $4,825
- MondaySep 2, 2019from Bucharest18 DaysThursdaySep 19, 2019to Budapest0 seats leftUSD $4,925
- MondaySep 9, 2019from Bucharest18 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to Budapest0 seats leftUSD $4,925
- MondaySep 16, 2019from Bucharest18 DaysThursdayOct 3, 2019to Budapest0 seats leftUSD $4,925
- MondayApr 27, 2020from Bucharest18 DaysThursdayMay 14, 2020to Budapest8 seats left$470$4,695-10%USD $4,226
- MondayMay 11, 2020from Bucharest18 DaysThursdayMay 28, 2020to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $4,695
- MondayMay 18, 2020from Bucharest18 DaysThursdayJun 4, 2020to Budapest9 seats leftUSD $4,695
- MondayMay 25, 2020from Bucharest18 DaysThursdayJun 11, 2020to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $4,695
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Romania and Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Serbia and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania, Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Bucharest is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 7 September 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 7 September 2019, a minimum payment of $99 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 141 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 25 km
- Bran (Romania)
- 23 km
- Sinaia (Romania)
- 253 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 5 km
- Arbanasi (Bulgaria)
- 196 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 174 km
- Skopje (Macedonia)
- 110 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 87 km
- Tirana (Albania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,226 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,859 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Treasures of the Balkans (2019)