- Our saving
- US $ 2,019
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start in Split and end in Budapest! With the discovery tour Balkans Discovery, you have a 11 day tour package taking you through Split, Croatia and 8 other destinations in Europe. Balkans Discovery includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- SWShonaWritten on September 13, 20183.5 - GoodLoads of like minded people in the group. Average age of 27. Would have preferred more time in places like Kotor and Mostar with less time in Split. Most of the group had travelled before and we were keen for our own itinary as our guide made it clear there was no flexibility on theirs we tended to get Uber’s etc. A few others joined in this so there was about a 50% split of those who didn’t stick to schedules and just got the bus to and from town if it worked. If our guide had been more approachable I feel we could have had a better plan at times for everyone. The bars we were taken to were really poor however we were prewarned. After the first night of being unable to break away from the group at a bar to find another a bunch of us steered clear of contikis pre organised evening activities. Dubrovnik was a highlight. Overall I’d do another G adventures tour before I go on a contiki again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Split
- Day 2: Split to Dubrovnik
- Day 3: Dubrovnik
- Day 4: Dubrovnik to Budva via Kotor
- Day 5: Budva
- Day 6: Budva to Sarajavo via Mostar
- Day 7: Sarajevo
- Day 8: Sarajevo to Belgrade
- Day 9: Belgrade to Budapest
- Day 10: Budapest
- Day 11: Depart Budapest
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Rather poor by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ann10th August 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Split11 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to Budapest9 seats left$101USD $2,019
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Split11 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Budapest8 seats left$101USD $2,019
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Split11 DaysTuesdayJul 2, 2019to Budapest9 seats left$105USD $2,104
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Split11 DaysTuesdayJul 16, 2019to Budapest9 seats left$105USD $2,104
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Split11 DaysTuesdayJul 30, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$105USD $2,104
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from Split11 DaysTuesdayAug 13, 2019to Budapest8 seats left$105USD $2,104
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Split11 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$101USD $2,019
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Serbia, Romania and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Montenegro, Bosnia, Serbia, Romania and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia and Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Split is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 December 2018 the full payment of $2,019 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2019 for Balkans Discovery, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,066 km.
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 74 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 144 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 90 km
- Srebrenica (Bosnia)
- 120 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 127 km
- Timisoara (Romania)
- 278 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,019 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,576 tours in Europe
- covered by 257 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkans Discovery