Cusco & Salkantay Trekking to Machu Picchu
- Our saving
- US $ 760
- +5 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Walk the Salkantay Trek
- Hike through mountains and rainforests
- Traverse mountain paths up to 3,900m
- Explore over 15 different ecosystems
- Rather Poor
- YHYuhWritten on July 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything was amazing! The treks were tiring but so worth it! Everyone was so accommodating! Highly reccommendShow detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Yuh hu Chen, many thanks for your recommendation. We hope you have the best memories of us, our staff is grateful with you because you allowed us organise all for your tour. Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- LeonaWritten on July 4, 20184.5 - Excellenthad a great tour cant wait to go backShow detailed ratings
- DanWritten on June 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything about this adventure completely exceeded my expectations. The itinerary kept us busy without rushing us. The chefs prepared delicious meals and were very accommodating. The partner hotel was attentive and the rooms were nice. The scenery along the Salkantay trek was absolutely breathtaking, as was, of course, Machu Picchu. Our guide Saul was knowledgeable, friendly, entertaining, and really took our adventure to another level. One thing that bears mentioning, is that more emphasis needs to be placed on just how physically demanding the Salkantay trek is. The hiking days are long, elevations are high. Temperatures go from arctic to tropical within a few hours. There are narrow, unguarded paths dozens if not hundreds of feet above the ground. As an athlete, I found this exciting and adventurous. But there's no way you can get up of the couch and do the Salkantay trek. Be prepared! It's worth it! Once again, a truly once in a lifetime experience in every way. Inkayni tours and TourRadar have truly prepared an epic package!Show detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Daniel, Thanks so much for your commentary. We are really happy to know we did a good job during your tour around the Salkantay trek. Our guide and all our staff are grateful with you. Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- AJAnalaineWritten on June 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentI just came back from my short South America trip. The Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu is one my highlights. The trek was excellent and we appreciate the flexibility offered, like on our 3rd day, when we were too tired to walk any further we went on a side trip to a hot spring to relax a bit instead. We really needed that. I had difficulty adjusting to the altitude but our guide Pepe was really helpful and very patient with me: and trust me, I am quite a handful especially the first day of the trek - I couldn’t breathe, I had headache, and I can barely walk up the trail. Our horseman Victor was very nice as well, he even came back down to check on us when we were late arriving to the campsite, as it was already dark. Our chef Vladimir is awesome as well. Every meal he prepared for us were sumptuous and savoury, they were such a delight after every long walk. The view in the entirety of the trek is spectacular, we seem to forget how tired we are every time we look around our surroundings. And of course on our last day when we finally reached Machu Picchu, it was all worth it. I cannot recommend Inkayni Peru Tours enough, everything was just well arranged from the moment I arrived until the day I left. Thank you very much to Erwin and the entire Inkayni Peru Tours team, including TourRadar for their correspondence, for making this trip an adventure of a lifetime.Show detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Analaine, We really appreciate your commentary. It is look that you enjoyed around the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu, also our guide percy is so happy to know that he did a good job. We hope that you come back soon, Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- AGAdrianaWritten on June 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentMachu Picchu of course! Overall it was an excellent, challenging experience!!Show detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Adriana, thanks so much for your commentary. We are happy that you had enjoyed in the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu tour. We hope that you come back soon, Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- BRBrandonWritten on May 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentFantastic tour overall. The guide was excellent, and the hiking part of the tour was meticulously planned. It was clear that everyone involved was highly experienced and professional. Some minor concerns, though, were that my guides were consistently late in meeting me or picking me up from my hotel, and the placement of the walking tour of Cusco after the trek seemed like it had just been tacked on at the end. I would move the walking tour of Cusco to the first day, which gives people time to see the sites around town over the next few days before leaving for their trek.Show detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Brandon, Many thanks for your commentary. We are grateful for your entrusted in us. It was a pleasure to able to help you in the organization of your trip to Peru. Warm regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- KKatieMurphyWritten on April 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe first two days in the Andes were remarkable and the last day in Machu Picchu was extraordinary. The third and forth days are ok in the jungle. I didn't particularly like doing the zip line. It felt like the trek was collapsing into a carnival cruise mentality.Show detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Katie, many thanks for your commentary. It's good to know that you really enjoyed of the tour. We hope that you have the best memories of Peru. Warm regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- RMReiWritten on March 30, 20183.5 - GoodThe cook, Jesty, the tour guide, Pepe and horse man were working together as a team and trying hard to make the tour feel good. My husband and I want to take this opportunity to express our appreciation.Show detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Rei Ming Chu, we are really grateful with your commentary. It's good to know that you felt good during the tour. We hope you come back soon. :) Warm regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- IIvychuWritten on March 30, 20184.0 - GoodThe cook, Jasty, guide Pepe and horse man, we can see that they were working as a team and trying to make the tour good.Show detailed ratingsInkayni Peru Tours commented on this reviewDear Ivy Chu, Thanks a lot , we appreciate your commentary. We hope you had had a good memories with your husband in Cusco. Best regards, INKAYNI PERU TOURS.
- MMelWritten on January 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentWeve just returned from Peru having booked with Inkayni Peru tours through Tour radar. It has been just an amazing experience. I can’t recommend them enough. Only myself and my partner had booked as it was low season, and our trip still went ahead for just the two of us. After we arrived from the uk via Columbia's Bogata airport, we had a 2 day guided tour of the Cusco area arranged by Inkayni as a surprise, we toured Cuscos's museums, and the surrounding attractions like the salt mines, and we especially loved visiting the local Peruvian women hand making textiles. We then started our five day hike on the Salkantay pass, which is a long drive to the start, we then travelled with four pack horses, our fab guide Herlin, horse man Victor, and chef Justin. The Salkantay pass itself on day two was a challenge, not in terms of fitness, but the lack of oxygen due to its height, but we were supported and encouraged the whole way by Herlin, as the horses, Justin and Victor went ahead to set up lunch, then passed us again after a hearty cooked dinner, to set up our evening camp. The rest of the tour is through beautiful mountains with different scenery and Eco systems, the wildlife is truly amazing, we saw hummingbirds, Viscacha, llamas, deer, several bird species, including the famous Condor, Hawks and parakeets, and a vast array of butterfly's. You can collect drinks and snacks on the way, in small track side stalls set up by the locals, there are also some toilets en route, and you can shower on every day except one, so it was more user friendly than other reviews had led me to believe. The lack of toilet roll isn't the issue everyone else seems to find, just keep plenty of packets of tissues in your pockets, and you'll be fine. We camped in tents under shelters provided by local peruvian farmers, so that was a really big bonus, but apparently can't always be relied on in their dry season, but then there's less rain then anyway. . At the end of our trek, we had a comfortable hotel in Machu Picchu town, then Herlin gave us a brilliant tour around MP - we also did the extra hike up Waynapicchu, which is really quite steep and frightening if heights are an issue. MP is a staggering place to visit, I cannot recommend it enough, but you won't get the full benefit unless you have a guide, Herlin was invaluable, especially here. Inkayni had booked everything for us, including our bags to be sent ahead every day, even on the train to Machu Picchu, as the horses don't travel that far because of the train noise, and preserving the inca trails from any hoof damage. Theyd also booked all the transfers to and from MP, and back to Ollantaytambo by train, which was through the most stunning Andean countryside, this was a lovely way to end our trip. They had also a driver waiting here for us, to take us back to Cusco. It’s been brilliant value for money, especially if you book flights a year in advance. Inkayni tours and their staff have been fantastic, I cannot fault them, especially their dedication and knowledge. It's been a mind blowing experience in all the right ways. As a vegan traveller, it may not have always been understood my reasons why, but it was respected. Don't expect to come and lose weight by all your exercise, we were fed like kings, and lots of it. On the trek itself, Herlin was initially intrigued as to why we moved every bug and insect off the paths, so no one squashed them, but was helping our little friends himself by day two, which was funny. Go to Peru, but more so go with Inkayni tour company. They’re a young company who would love to introduce you to their country. They are very proud of their country and its traditional heritage, and that shines through in abundance. Both Inkayni and Touradar replied really fast whenever I had a query, as booking a year ahead, you soon forget what you've actually booked. Everything has run like clockwork and on time, the often complicated logistics has run perfectly. It’s been a very humbling experience.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: CUSCO NAVEL OF THE WORLD - INCA MUSEUM Y QORICANCHA
- DAY 2: CHINCHERO (TEXTILE INTERPRETATION CENTER)-MARAS -MORAY.
- DAY 3: FIRST DAY TREK: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA (L)(D)
- DAY 4: SECOND DAY TREK: SORAYPAMPA - CHALLWAY (B)(L)(D)
- DAY 5: THIRD DAY TREK: CHALLWAY - LA PLAYA - LUCMABAMBA (B)(L)(D)
- DAY 6: FOURTH DAY TREK: LUCMABAMBA - LLACTAPATA -HIDROELECTRICA - AGUAS CALIENTES (17KM , HOURS 9)
- DAY 7: FIFTH DAY TREK: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO (B)
- DAY 8: FREE WALKING TOUR - TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT (END OF THE TOUR)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes with a free morning to relax at Tandapata Boutique Hotel (or similar) in Cusco and in the afternoon you will be transferred to the airport for your departure to Lima. It's time to say goodbye to your new friends and continue your separate ways! Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are included in this tour, please contact our customer support team for more information.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour generally starts from Tandapata Boutique Hotel or similar in Cusco and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. At the terminal, keep your eyes open for the staff of Inkayni Peru Tours, as they pick you up from the airport and take you to their partner lodge. The morning is reserved for resting or free time, however, in the afternoon you will visit the Inca Museum, which is the home of thousands of years of Andean culture so we recommend arriving beforehand. Please note that the joining point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
6 travellers met before going on their Inkayni Peru Tours Cusco & Salkantay Trekking to Machu Picchu tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 10th October 20181 comment"Hello! Probably I’m the only person on this tour, but there’s no harm in trying "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Cusco & Salkantay Trekking to Machu Picchu
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- WednesdaySep 26, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayOct 17, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayOct 17, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayOct 24, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayNov 7, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayNov 14, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayNov 21, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayNov 21, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayNov 28, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayDec 5, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from Cusco8 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Cusco10+ seats left$930$1,690-55%USD $760
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cusco.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Inkayni Peru Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 November 2018 the full payment of $760 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $760 for Cusco & Salkantay Trekking to Machu Picchu , but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Inkayni Peru Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Inkayni Peru Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cusco (Peru)
- 17 km
- Chinchero (Peru)
- 56 km
- Mollepata (Peru)
- 40 km
- Aguas Calientes (Peru)
- 8 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- 47 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 24 km
- Cusco (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $760 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,731 tours in Latin America
- covered by 144 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Cusco & Salkantay Trekking to Machu Picchu via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 29 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cusco & Salkantay Trekking to Machu Picchu