- Our saving
- US $ 1,049
- Playa del Carmen
- Dive and snorkel along the barrier reef
- Swim under a natural hot waterfall
- Shop for unique Mayan handicrafts
- Visit Antigua’s volcano-lined shores
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Playa del Carmen
- Day 2: Playa del Carmen
- Day 3: Playa del Carmen/Caye Caulker
- Days 4-5: Caye Caulker
- Day 6: Caye Caulker/San Ignacio (1L)
- Day 7: San Ignacio
- Day 8: San Ignacio/Flores
- Day 9: Flores/Rio Dulce
- Day 10: Rio Dulce
- Day 11: Rio Dulce/Antigua Guatemala
- Day 12: Antigua Guatemala
- Day 13: Antigua Guatemala/Panajachel
- Day 14: Panajachel/San Juan La Laguna (1D)
- Day 15: San Juan La Laguna/Antigua Guatemala
- Day 16: Antigua Guatemala
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- RobertWritten on July 19, 20193.5 - Good
This tour is perfect for first-time travellers and those in their early 20s.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Robert.Review collected by G Adventures
- MandichhyaWritten on April 22, 20194.0 - Good
One of the best trips I’ve done so far. However, it would’ve been nice to spend more time in Mexico as we were there for 2days only & we didn’t have time to do much. I would recommend to book few extra nights so that you can explore Mexico on your own.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for sharing Mandichhya!
- DDebbieGWritten on March 8, 20194.0 - Good
The trip was amazing, I loved it! Our guide Manu was the perfect blend of local knowledge, awesome fun, and super organized. I would definitely travel with G Adventures again.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAppreciate it, thank you Debbie.
- BSBernardoWritten on January 7, 20193.5 - Good
Itinerary was good, with appropriate stay time at each destination. Chris was an amazing guide who managed the group well. Homestay experience was average, would recommend changing for a lunch only, with more time at Panajachel or Casa del Mundo. Very... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Happy to hear that.Thank you Bernardo!
- AAprilWritten on October 13, 20184.0 - Good
First time traveling with G Adventures and I really enjoyed this tour! The itinerary was great. Snorkeling in Belize and visiting Tikal were absolute highlights. Antigua is a gorgeous city too with lots to do. The tour made travel easy and stress-free. One... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honest review here April, we do appreciate it. Thank you for choosing to travel with us. Our world deserves more you!
- MadisonWritten on September 3, 20184.0 - Good
Exceeded expectations! It was a great tour and Sid made everything seamless and easyShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAmazing! Thanks for choosing to see this great corner of the world with us, and thanks for the review!
- ASAilbheWritten on August 10, 20184.5 - Excellent
A great opportunity to see some of the highlights of central America - should include more of Mexico thoughShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your thoughts here. We will add your view into the mix. Glad to see you had a great time.
- JMJustineWritten on April 24, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a great trip with a good group of people - very happy we choose the South Bound option as the country side just keep getting prettier! Areas for improvement: additional room keys provided where more than 2 people assigned; tips for drivers included... Read more
- MBMatthewWritten on June 23, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Excellent guide, amazing trip, not a single complaint.
- LDLuciaWritten on November 9, 20162.5 - Average
The tour was very quick. Did not have enough time to properly explore in some places. The tour should include sumac champey. Ideally it should be five days longer to not feel so rushed. It was fun but really depends on what you want. If you're used to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Lucia, thanks for taking the time here. This tour seems like it wasn't quite the right fit for you. We hope you fit the right travel experience that meets your style in future.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is it possible to climb to the top of the ruins?
Yes you are allowed to climb to the ruins. The view is amazing!
What is the age range of the group?
You can expect passengers with ages reanging between 18-39 years old only on this tour, since this is a YOLO tour. The tour nature includes fast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
What is the group size of this tour?
For this particular tour the maximum group size is 18 people but the average number per group is 14 people.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria15th March 2019
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to AntiguaOnly 1 seat left$37USD $1,479
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to AntiguaOnly 2 seats left$35USD $1,399Book Now Hold my
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Antigua0 seats left$35USD $1,399Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to AntiguaOnly 3 seats left$35USD $1,399Book Now Hold my
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Antigua8 seats left$376$1,399-25%USD $1,049
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to Antigua6 seats left$308$1,399-20%USD $1,119
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Antigua10+ seats left$308$1,399-20%USD $1,119
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayNov 3, 2019to Antigua10+ seats left$308$1,399-20%USD $1,119
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to Antigua10+ seats left$308$1,399-20%USD $1,119
- TuesdayOct 29, 2019from Playa del Carmen16 DaysWednesdayNov 13, 2019to Antigua7 seats left$35USD $1,399
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Belize. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Guatemala. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Playa del Carmen is the starting point and Antigua is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 25 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 25 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
- 63 km
- Cancun (Mexico)
- 399 km
- Caye Caulker (Belize)
- 129 km
- San Ignacio (Belize)
- 57 km
- Tikal (Guatemala)
- 44 km
- Flores (Guatemala)
- 170 km
- Rio Dulce (Guatemala)
- 223 km
- Antigua (Guatemala)
- 50 km
- Panajachel (Guatemala)
- 23 km
- Chichicastenango (Guatemala)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,049 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,924 tours in Latin America
- covered by 254 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mayan Sun–Southbound