- Our saving
- US $ 1,257
- Playa del Carmen
- Dive and snorkel along the barrier reef
- Swim under a natural hot waterfall
- Shop for unique Mayan handicrafts
- Visit Antigua’s volcano-lined shores
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- AAprilWritten on October 13, 20184.0 - GoodFirst time traveling with G Adventures and I really enjoyed this tour! The itinerary was great. Snorkeling in Belize and visiting Tikal were absolute highlights. Antigua is a gorgeous city too with lots to do. The tour made travel easy and stress-free. One area for improvement would definitely be the accommodation. I did not expect to be spending so many nights in a dorm with 9 other girls. I was expecting to share a room with a partner throughout the trip but that was never the case. Outside of that, great trip and great memories!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honest review here April, we do appreciate it. Thank you for choosing to travel with us. Our world deserves more you!
- MadisonWritten on September 3, 20184.0 - GoodExceeded expectations! It was a great tour and Sid made everything seamless and easyShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAmazing! Thanks for choosing to see this great corner of the world with us, and thanks for the review!
- ASAilbheWritten on August 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentA great opportunity to see some of the highlights of central America - should include more of Mexico thoughShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your thoughts here. We will add your view into the mix. Glad to see you had a great time.
- JMJustineWritten on April 24, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt was a great trip with a good group of people - very happy we choose the South Bound option as the country side just keep getting prettier! Areas for improvement: additional room keys provided where more than 2 people assigned; tips for drivers included in the tour price (it is not in our culture to tip and we often didn’t have cash on us. The seemingly mandatory tip being included in the tour price would incredibly handy and perfectly acceptable); travel days not starting so early in the morning so there’s time for sleep and breakfast - would rather more time in the morning and arriving at 6pm rather than arriving somewhere at 3pm being hungry and tired; and shorter briefings - instructions only need to be provided once, if we have questions or need to clarify something, we will ask (we’re all adults here!)Show detailed ratings
- MBMatthewWritten on June 23, 20174.0 - GoodExcellent guide, amazing trip, not a single complaint.Show detailed ratings
- LDLuciaWritten on November 9, 20162.5 - AverageThe tour was very quick. Did not have enough time to properly explore in some places. The tour should include sumac champey. Ideally it should be five days longer to not feel so rushed. It was fun but really depends on what you want. If you're used to travelling on your own it can feel restrictive and over priced and is more suitable to those who dont mind paying more to be part of a group. Even the activities cost more on the tour.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Lucia, thanks for taking the time here. This tour seems like it wasn't quite the right fit for you. We hope you fit the right travel experience that meets your style in future.
- CChristieWritten on August 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did this trip as part of the Cemtral American journey, but this half was my favourite. The variety of places visited was great, Caye Caulker, lake atilan and Antigua were some of my favourite places. There were gorgeous beaches, historical Mayan ruins, interesting cities and plenty to do and see in each place. Accommodation was great, even the basic trek stop in the forest with outdoor showers! It's an unpredictable tour, with roadblocks being a bit of a problem, but our tour guide Rafa took this all in his stride and was a fantastic guide. Lots of fun and very knowledgable, he made the tour what it was, as well as having a great group of people. I especially enjoyed the home stay with a local family, an experience you might not get travelling solo. Excellent tour overall, great value for moneyShow detailed ratings
- CCharlotteWritten on May 19, 20164.5 - ExcellentAbsolutely amazing trip. Fabulous tour leader, great group of people! 100% worth the money!Show detailed ratings
- SGScottWritten on April 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentIncredible trip and incredible memories ! Best tour group I have used and travelled with :)Show detailed ratings
- SSianWritten on December 29, 20154.5 - ExcellentAbsolutely amazing! Our CEO was fantastic, he was very knowledgeable and keen to help out in any way. He did his best to get everyone doing exactly what they wanted and he was extremely helpful and supportive every step of the wayShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Playa del Carmen
- Day 2 Playa del Carmen
- Day 3 Playa del Carmen/Caye Caulker
- Days 4-5 Caye Caulker
- Day 6 Caye Caulker/San Ignacio (1L)
- Day 7 San Ignacio
- Day 8 San Ignacio/Flores
- Day 9 Flores/Rio Dulce
- Day 10 Rio Dulce
- Day 11 Rio Dulce/Antigua Guatemala
- Day 12 Antigua Guatemala
- Day 13 Antigua Guatemala/Panajachel
- Day 14 Panajachel/San Juan La Laguna (1D)
- Day 15 San Juan La Laguna/Antigua Guatemala
- Day 16 Antigua Guatemala
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is it possible to climb to the top of the ruins?
Yes you are allowed to climb to the ruins. The view is amazing!
What is the age range of the group?
You can expect passengers with ages reanging between 18-39 years old only on this tour, since this is a YOLO tour. The tour nature includes fast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
What is the group size of this tour?
For this particular tour the maximum group size is 18 people but the average number per group is 14 people.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ivy30th July 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Antigua0 seats left$70USD $1,399
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Antigua0 seats left$70USD $1,399
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Antigua0 seats left$74USD $1,479
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysWednesdayNov 21, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$285$1,479-15%USD $1,257
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Antigua0 seats left$74USD $1,479
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Antigua5 seats left$74USD $1,479
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysWednesdayDec 5, 2018to Antigua9 seats left$285$1,479-15%USD $1,257
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayDec 16, 2018to Antigua7 seats left$77USD $1,549
- TuesdayDec 4, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysWednesdayDec 19, 2018to Antigua10+ seats left$298$1,549-15%USD $1,317
- SaturdayDec 8, 2018from Playa del Carmen16 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Antigua4 seats left$77USD $1,549Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Belize and Guatemala. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Belize. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Guatemala. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Playa del Carmen is the starting point and Antigua is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 December 2018 the full payment of $1,257 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1257 for Mayan Sun–Southbound, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
- 63 km
- Cancun (Mexico)
- 399 km
- Caye Caulker (Belize)
- 129 km
- San Ignacio (Belize)
- 57 km
- Tikal (Guatemala)
- 44 km
- Flores (Guatemala)
- 170 km
- Rio Dulce (Guatemala)
- 223 km
- Antigua (Guatemala)
- 50 km
- Panajachel (Guatemala)
- 23 km
- Chichicastenango (Guatemala)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,257 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,836 tours in Latin America
- covered by 164 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mayan Sun–Southbound