Northern Light from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic
- Our saving
- US $ 743
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Dig your own thermal pool
- Discover geysers at Wai-O-Tapu
- Go whitewater rafting
- Experience Rotorua's thermal wonders
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Camping, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Bicycle
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery, Christmas & New Year
- Flying Kiwi
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1: AUCKLAND TO COROMANDEL
Start point Bus stop (opposite ferry terminal), 172 Quay Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand 10:00
- DAY 2: COROMANDEL TO ROTORUA
- DAY 3: ROTORUA TO TONGARIRO
- DAY 4: TONGARIRO TO KAPITI COAST
DAY 5: KAPITI COAST TO WELLINGTON
End point Hotel Waterloo, Downtown Backpackers, 1 Bunny Street, Wellington, Wellington Region 6011, New Zealand 09:00
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JOJoseWritten on April 5, 20195.0 - Excellent
Aaron and Becca lead a very awesome trip (Northern Lights) 5 days from Auckland to Wellington. What a great life experience. If you like camping and hiking and meeting cool people from around the globe then this tour is for you. Plenty of activity... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for the review Jose and great to hear you loved your tour with us. We'll pass your comments onto Aaron and Becca (we agree they do lead a very awesome trip) and hopefully we'll see you back on board the Flying Kiwi bus one day ????
- MelanieWritten on February 26, 20194.5 - Excellent
Excellent trip, amazing places to see, plenty of opportunities for activities. Bus, tents and mattress where clean, food was simple yet delicious and filling. Anna and Craig did a great job and the rest of the group was amazing. Would definitely pick flying... Read moreShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewWonderful, thanks Melanie we hope to see you back on board one day :)
- BHBonnieWritten on February 10, 20195.0 - Excellent
It was awesome. I had fun the entire time.Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewSo please to gear Bonnie and glad you loved your tour. :)
- MichaelWritten on December 26, 20184.0 - Good
Was a very good tour with good people. Would do it again.Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewBrilliant, thanks Michael we would love to see you on board again at some stage :)
- KrisztinaWritten on November 11, 20185.0 - Excellent
Awesome trip, excellent locations and knowledgeable and funny guides. Frankie and Robbie-John, you rock. Definitely worth the price. Had so much fun, met amazing people.Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the great review Krisztina and so glad you loved the trips - our guides are indeed awesome! :)
- PierineWritten on November 11, 20184.0 - Good
I love it, the people, the places, the accomodations and the guides. It was greatShow detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks Pierine and so great to hear you enjoyed your trip.
- KorenaWritten on July 25, 20185.0 - Excellent
I have zero regrets and a million beautiful memories!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks and love the comment :)
- VMVickieWritten on April 3, 20184.5 - Excellent
The tour was wonderful. Everything went according to plan and ran smoothly due to the great guides we had on our trip. We saw amazing scenery and had fantastic adventures. Loved the tangario crossing.Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the review Vickie and so pleased you had a great trip.
- MSMachikoWritten on March 25, 20184.5 - Excellent
Tour guide were very helpful and kind. People with us in our tour were nicest people. Places we went were so beautiful. Thank you so much!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks so much for your kind words Machiko and so pleased to hear you had a great trip with a lovely group. :)
- RPRuthWritten on December 20, 20174.0 - Good
It has been an awesome experience and a great way to see so much of New Zealand’s beauty with other likeminded people. Thank you!Show detailed ratingsFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewOur pleasure Ruth and so pleased to hear you had a great trip
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the tents supplied on this tour?
Yes, a tent share is included on this tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Chelsea20th February 2019
Northern Light from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Auckland5 DaysWednesdayOct 23, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- MondayOct 28, 2019from Auckland5 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- WednesdayNov 6, 2019from Auckland5 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- FridayNov 15, 2019from Auckland5 DaysTuesdayNov 19, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- SundayNov 24, 2019from Auckland5 DaysThursdayNov 28, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- TuesdayDec 3, 2019from Auckland5 DaysSaturdayDec 7, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- ThursdayDec 12, 2019from Auckland5 DaysMondayDec 16, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- SaturdayDec 21, 2019from Auckland5 DaysWednesdayDec 25, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- FridayDec 27, 2019from Auckland5 DaysTuesdayDec 31, 2019to Wellington4 seats left$15USD $743
- MondayDec 30, 2019from Auckland5 DaysFridayJan 3, 2020to Wellington0 seats left$15USD $743Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Flying Kiwi booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 September 2019 the full payment of $743 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $743 for Northern Light from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Flying Kiwi tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 167 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 32 km
- Turangi (New Zealand)
- 225 km
- Paraparaumu (New Zealand)
- 46 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $743 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,252 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 100 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Northern Light from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Light from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic