Northern Light from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic
- Tour Operator:
- Flying Kiwi
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 65
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Tongariro National Park
- Dig your own thermal pool
- Discover geysers at Wai-O-Tapu
- Go whitewater rafting
- Experience Rotorua's thermal wonders
- Day 1: AUCKLAND TO COROMANDEL
- Day 2: COROMANDEL TO ROTORUA
- Day 3: ROTORUA TO TONGARIRO
- Day 4: TONGARIRO TO KAPITI COAST
- Day 5: KAPITI COAST TO WELLINGTON
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Flying Kiwi
Since 1988 Flying Kiwi has been recognised as New Zealand's leading adventure tour company. These unique tours focus on getting further off the beaten track - mixing stunning, remote locations with New Zealand's must see highlights. Every trip is carefully structured to provide a range of activity options. Choose from a combination of hiking, cycling and adventure activities everyday - no pressure to participate but plenty of choice for everyone. Tasty, healthy meals are included and rather than hostels we stay in tents or cabins by lakes, mountains and oceans - waking up to magnificent views everyday and getting away from the tourist crowds. Flying Kiwi is the only New Zealand company listed in National Geographic's "Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth" for their oustanding trips, customer service and sustainability and the World Travel Awards for the last 6 consecutive years.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- LSLennard· April 12th, 2021A totally mixed group (nationalities and age) with great guides. Very good experience! I would have loved to be able to continue for the whole 28 days!Trip date: January 2019
- MWmartha· March 11th, 2020way way too rushed. NO time for farewells on final morning, especially when breakfast being packed in bus at 6:45....NO TIME TO EAT the breakfast we paid for. if they want to shove off that early, provide grab and go bags for participants. Final night... Show moreFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback Martha and we are sorry to see you felt rushed on that last day but pleased you enjoyed the rest of the North Island. We are very concerned about your comments of not having time to eat as mealtimes are a fun and integral part... Show moreTrip date: February 2020
- DBDelphine· November 30th, 2019Great way to see the countryside and attractions. The guide and driver were both very knowledgeable and gave great guidance.Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you Delphine, great to hear you enjoyed your tour.Trip date: November 2019
- JOJose· April 5th, 2019Aaron and Becca lead a very awesome trip (Northern Lights) 5 days from Auckland to Wellington. What a great life experience. If you like camping and hiking and meeting cool people from around the globe then this tour is for you. Plenty of activity... Show moreFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for the review Jose and great to hear you loved your tour with us. We'll pass your comments onto Aaron and Becca (we agree they do lead a very awesome trip) and hopefully we'll see you back on board the Flying Kiwi bus one day ????Trip date: March 2019
- Melanie· February 26th, 2019Excellent trip, amazing places to see, plenty of opportunities for activities. Bus, tents and mattress where clean, food was simple yet delicious and filling. Anna and Craig did a great job and the rest of the group was amazing. Would definitely pick... Show moreFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewWonderful, thanks Melanie we hope to see you back on board one day :)Trip date: February 2019
- BHBonnie· February 10th, 2019It was awesome. I had fun the entire time.Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewSo please to gear Bonnie and glad you loved your tour. :)Trip date: February 2019
- Michael· December 26th, 2018Was a very good tour with good people. Would do it again.Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewBrilliant, thanks Michael we would love to see you on board again at some stage :)Trip date: December 2018
- Krisztina· November 11th, 2018Awesome trip, excellent locations and knowledgeable and funny guides. Frankie and Robbie-John, you rock. Definitely worth the price. Had so much fun, met amazing people.Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the great review Krisztina and so glad you loved the trips - our guides are indeed awesome! :)Trip date: November 2018
- Pierine· November 11th, 2018I love it, the people, the places, the accomodations and the guides. It was greatFlying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks Pierine and so great to hear you enjoyed your trip.Trip date: November 2018
- Korena· July 25th, 2018I have zero regrets and a million beautiful memories!Flying Kiwi commented on this reviewthanks and love the comment :)Trip date: December 2016
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday17 Oct, 2023Saturday21 Oct, 2023$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday2 Nov, 2023Monday6 Nov, 2023$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday18 Nov, 2023Wednesday22 Nov, 2023$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday16 Jan, 2024Saturday20 Jan, 2024$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday1 Feb, 2024Monday5 Feb, 2024$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday17 Feb, 2024Wednesday21 Feb, 2024$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday4 Mar, 2024Friday8 Mar, 2024$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday20 Mar, 2024Sunday24 Mar, 2024$9730% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday5 Apr, 2024Tuesday9 Apr, 2024$9730% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the tents supplied on this tour?
Yes, a tent share is included on this tour.
Good to Know
- New Zealand DollarNew Zealand
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type I.
- Type INew Zealand
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 29th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 29th, 2023, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Flying Kiwi. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Flying Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Flying Kiwi" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Flying Kiwi. Please familiarise yourself with the Flying Kiwi payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring New Zealand
- New Zealand Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 2 Week New Zealand Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour and Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2023/2024
- New Zealand from Auckland
- New zealand Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 5 days New zealand
- From Auckland to Wellington
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- Northern Light from Auckland - Top rated by National Geographic Tours in New Zealand
- Active Adventure Tours
- New Zealand North Island Tours
- New Zealand Tours
- Australia/Oceania Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- New Zealand North Island
- New Zealand tours