New Zealand: Best of the North Island
- Our saving
- US $ 720
- Learn to surf New Zealand's world-famous waves
- Experience Maori culture directly from the Maori
- Kayak to a remote part of Auckland's tranquil harbour
- Enjoy free time to visit the illuminating Waitomo Caves
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland
- Day 2: Auckland/Raglan (1B, 1L)
- Day 3: Raglan (1B, 1D)
- Day 4: Raglan/Rotorua (1B)
- Day 5: Rotorua/Taupo (1B)
- Day 6: Taupo/Wellington (1B)
- Day 7: Wellington (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JasonWritten on October 10, 20193.5 - Good
I enjoyed my G-Adventures best of the North Island tour. Pam my guide was excellent and did a good job at balancing the diverse group that our tour party was. I wish we had a more exposure to Maori culture on the tour instead of just one half day stop.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the balanced review here Jason, appreciate it.Review collected by G Adventures
- BridgetWritten on June 30, 20195.0 - Excellent
Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a holiday full of experiences.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHappy to hear it, thanks Bridget.Review collected by G Adventures
- JJJessicaWritten on June 2, 20194.0 - Good
Relaxed but enough going on and travel days reasonably shortShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHappy to hear it - thanks Jessica.
- LynnWritten on February 13, 20194.5 - Excellent
Fantastic guide and awesome tour.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thank you Lynn!
- JVJeniWritten on January 30, 20194.0 - Good
Wonderful guide, wonderful group, I loved it!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewOur world deserves more you Jeni!
- NatalieWritten on January 7, 20195.0 - Excellent
Great! Awesome adventure!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Natalie.
- JJeffrey FWritten on October 19, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Had a great time!Review collected by G Adventures
- PPaula FWritten on October 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent personal experience my expectations were blown awayReview collected by G Adventures
- KKatriel LWritten on September 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour gave me a huge amount of flexibility, but also provided a great core structure, so I never felt safe traveling by myself for the first timeReview collected by G Adventures
- JJennifer HWritten on August 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great Places, People and Tourguide. Also driving I'm a small bus with a small group of people is nice.Review collected by G Adventures
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How do we book the optional activities?
You don't. G Adventures has got you covered! You simply advise your Tour Leader during your tour if you wish to do an optional activity. All of G Adventures tours offer optional activities that enhance your travel experience, but you have a choice as to whether or not you will participate. The prices of optional activities are included in your Trip Notes however, you will be provided with the most up to date price along with information on each activity during your tour.
What is the age requirement for this tour?
This particular tour with G Adventures is part of their YOLO range which means it specific for youth travellers only aged 18-39 years old.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Michael7th March 2019
New Zealand: Best of the North Island
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- SaturdayNov 23, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayNov 29, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$29USD $979
- WednesdayNov 27, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 3, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$29USD $979
- SaturdayNov 30, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayDec 6, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$29USD $979
- WednesdayDec 4, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 10, 2019to Wellington6 seats left$31USD $1,029
- SaturdayDec 7, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayDec 13, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$31USD $1,029
- WednesdayDec 11, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 17, 2019to Wellington8 seats left$31USD $1,029
- SaturdayDec 14, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayDec 20, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$31USD $1,029
- WednesdayDec 18, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 24, 2019to Wellington6 seats left$330$1,029-30%USD $720
- SaturdayDec 21, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayDec 27, 2019to Wellington5 seats left$330$1,029-30%USD $720
- WednesdayDec 25, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 31, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$330$1,029-30%USD $720
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 23 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 23 January 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 106 km
- Raglan (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $720 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,455 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 117 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on New Zealand: Best of the North Island