New Zealand–Best of the North Island
- Our saving
- US $ 743
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Explore stunning Auckland
- Take a surf lesson in Raglan
- Try traditional Maori food
- Trek the Tongariro Crossing
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- LynnWritten on February 13, 20194.5 - Excellent
Fantastic guide and awesome tour.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thank you Lynn!
- JVJeniWritten on January 30, 20194.0 - Good
Wonderful guide, wonderful group, I loved it!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewOur world deserves more you Jeni!
- NatalieWritten on January 7, 20195.0 - Excellent
Great! Awesome adventure!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Natalie.
- JJeffrey FWritten on October 19, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Had a great time!Review collected by G Adventures
- PPaula FWritten on October 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent personal experience my expectations were blown awayReview collected by G Adventures
- KKatriel LWritten on September 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour gave me a huge amount of flexibility, but also provided a great core structure, so I never felt safe traveling by myself for the first timeReview collected by G Adventures
- AAngela KWritten on August 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was an amazing tour.Review collected by G Adventures
- JJennifer HWritten on August 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great Places, People and Tourguide. Also driving I'm a small bus with a small group of people is nice.Review collected by G Adventures
- DCDarcyWritten on February 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Everything on this tour exceeded my expectations! Amazing group, tour guide, attractions and so many optional activities, couldn’t have asked for more!
- ALAbigailWritten on February 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was more than I expected. First time traveling in a group and I have zero to minimal complains. The guide, Ben, was extremely helpful and always going above and beyond to make sure everyone was having a good time/experience.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Auckland
- Day 2 Auckland/Raglan (1B, 1L)
- Day 3 Raglan (1B, 1D)
- Day 4 Raglan/Rotorua (1B)
- Day 5 Rotorua/Taupo (1B)
- Day 6 Taupo/Wellington (1B)
- Day 7 Wellington (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How do we book the optional activities?
You don't. G Adventures has got you covered! You simply advise your Tour Leader during your tour if you wish to do an optional activity. All of G Adventures tours offer optional activities that enhance your travel experience, but you have a choice as to whether or not you will participate. The prices of optional activities are included in your Trip Notes however, you will be provided with the most up to date price along with information on each activity during your tour.
What is the age requirement for this tour?
This particular tour with G Adventures is part of their YOLO range which means it specific for youth travellers only aged 18-39 years old.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- John16th December 2018
New Zealand–Best of the North Island
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- WednesdayMar 27, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayApr 2, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$39USD $979
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayApr 5, 2019to Wellington5 seats left$39USD $979
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayApr 12, 2019to Wellington6 seats left$39USD $979
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$39USD $979Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$39USD $979Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayMay 3, 2019to Wellington9 seats left$39USD $979
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to WellingtonOnly 1 seat left$37USD $929Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Wellington8 seats left$37USD $929
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$37USD $929
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$216$929-20%USD $743
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 May 2019 the full payment of $743 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $743 for New Zealand–Best of the North Island, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 106 km
- Raglan (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $743 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,289 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 82 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on New Zealand–Best of the North Island