Eastern Highlights - 11 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,600
- Explore Munich’s ancient chapels
- Discover the fairytale magic of Prague
- Visit the largest lake in Europe
- Experience Vienna’s cultural splendour
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SRSusanWritten on October 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentDee was an excellent tour leader. She can keep the group moving and motivated. Zoltan, the driver, was also excellent. He knew how to get us out of traffic jams. The two worked well together.Show detailed ratings
- RRoslynWritten on October 9, 20174.0 - GoodExcellent trip, fast paced but you get to experience so much. Dee and Zoltan were wonderful. Met some lovely people from different countries and varied age groups but everybody got on really well. The places you visit are all so amazing and so interesting. Definitely do the Danube River trip in Budapest. Would love more time in each place but that is what happens when you only do a short tour. Excellent value for money. You could not do the same things any cheaper. Hotels were fine. Definitely would recommend Expat tours. We previously did the 12 day Italian tour which was also excellent and good value for money. RosShow detailed ratings
- ARAngusWritten on September 24, 20174.0 - GoodWe were frustrated in getting the information so late. Having e-mailed you to say that we were leaving South Africa 10 days earlier and would NOT be in contact by e-mail, we were informed that we could get free Wifi in Munich. HOW??? When we do not have roaming on our cell phones or e-mails. We certainly to not own a laptop or tablet. Not everyone is 25 years old. To start off at Munich: There were no directions to the Azimut Hotel from you. We battled for 2 hours to find out how to get there as it is not on any metro or bus route. Most people we asked on the train had no idea where it was. At our age we did not relish dragging our suitcases for more than a kilometer on cobble stones. Not a good start. The rest of the trip was a wonderful experience. Dorotora was extremely well versed on the history of each country and city visited. The local tour guides did a good job except that at times one could not hear what they were saying. Our bus driver Zoltan was excellent and very friendly. In fact a very nice group. Accomodation: Mostly Ok, some better than others. The approach to the Duo Hotel in Krakow was something to be experienced. Arrived in rain and had to walk at least 300m through road construction, sand and broken pavement. Not Expat's fault, but not pleasant. Perhaps choose another hotel in Krakow until the building is completed. Ljubljana - a lovely city, could do with an extra day there. Access to hotel bad. Coach had to stop miles from hotel - fortunately it did not rain, but cobble stones wreck your suitcase wheels. This was also the worst breakfast by far. Definitely post communism. Some hotels have only one lift. When two coach loads arrive at the same time it is chaos. Dinners included in the tour were great. VERY noisy, but interesting and fun. Sometimes we had to walk miles to get to the venue. We don't know how Dee knew her way around but she managed so well and was always cheerful. A longer stay in Vienna would be most welcome as this is one of the most popular cities for classical music and culture.Show detailed ratings
- DODavidWritten on September 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe driver (Csaba) was excellent and the tour guide (Dorota) was absolutely wonderful.The sights were spectacular, the accommodations were were all fine...only downside was getting my drink spiked in a Polish night club and having thousands of dollars in fraudulent charges run up on my credit cards.Show detailed ratings
- RFRichardWritten on August 31, 20173.5 - GoodWe had a full coach of 49 and had a great time. Dee our leader was fantastic and very knowledgeable on every location, our driver Chubba was always on time, safe and got us everywhere early. Fast paced tour with early mornings and lots of walking but that's the idea of this tour to see as much as possible in the time. Some of the dinners were pretty ordinary quality along with one of the hotels in Prague but hopefully Xpat will take the groups comments onboard and change. A fantastic way to see so much in a short amount of time.Show detailed ratings
- RosemaryWritten on August 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur tour was everything we hoped for and more. Our guide Blake, was so well informed about everything. Loved the countries we visited, loved that we mainly stayed for 2 nights in each place. Very full on, but so interesting. There was a mixture of ages, cultures and nationalities, we were at the latter end of the age group, being in our Seventies, but everyone got on well together. Would recommend Expats to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- ArriWritten on August 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe most amazing thing I've ever done. So fun, a variety of age groups which made it even better. This tour is good if you're like me for example and can only get a couple of weeks of work. Very fast paced. Blake our tour leader was fantastic, can't fault him at all. Brilliant, thank you so much! Accommodation was good all round, some hotels better than others but all very clean and informative. Good food :)Show detailed ratings
- CandaceWritten on June 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentI highly recommend the Eastern European Hughlight trip. My guide Dee was superb! She explained everything we would do step by step. She was always there to answer any questions. The tour itself was fantastic, seeing many countries in a short period of time. You will be walking a lot and the pace is hectic. However well worth the adventure!Show detailed ratings
- AmandaWritten on November 26, 20164.5 - ExcellentStephen our tour guide was utterly amazing! The tour itself was great. The tour guide was an added perkShow detailed ratings
- SajeedahWritten on October 4, 20164.0 - GoodGreat tour, made lots of new friends living all around the world. Guide Steeve was very helpful and always eager to help. All hotels was fine, we get what we paid for. This tour however is not for those who want to have a relax vacation. This is an adventure and exploring tour which requires early morning wake up and long walks. Not recommended for family with young kids nor elderly persons. Great value for money for those who want to see eastern Europe in a short period of time.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Munich
- Day 2: Nuremberg - Prague
- Day 3: Prague - Free day
- Day 4: Prague - Krakow
- Day 5: Krakow - Free day
- Day 6: Banska Bystrica - Budapest
- Day 7: Budapest - Free day
- Day 8: Bratislava - Vienna
- Day 9: Graz - Ljubljana
- Day 10: Salzburg - Munich
- Day 11: End of tour in Munich
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
Would like to know if it's possible to end my tour in Vienna, instead of going back to Munich?
You are always welcome to depart the tour at any time, but the price will not change.
- October 1, 2016
If theres a certain optional tour we want to go on in each city are you able to coordinate that ahead of time for us?
All optional excursions are arranged directly with the tour leader, either at the start of the tour or each day as they pop up.
- June 1, 2016
Does this tour have a single supplement?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joan13th January 2018
Eastern Highlights - 11 Days
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Munich0 seats leftUSD $2,625Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayJun 21, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Munich10+ seats left$1,025$2,625-39%USD $1,600
- ThursdayJul 5, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Munich10+ seats left$1,025$2,625-39%USD $1,600
- ThursdayJul 19, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Munich10+ seats left$1,025$2,625-39%USD $1,600
- ThursdayAug 2, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Munich10+ seats left$1,025$2,625-39%USD $1,600
- ThursdayAug 16, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Munich8 seats left$995$2,625-38%USD $1,630
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Munich10+ seats left$1,025$2,625-39%USD $1,600
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to MunichOnly 2 seats left$955$2,625-36%USD $1,670
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Munich0 seats leftUSD $2,625Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayDec 23, 2018from Munich11 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to Munich6 seats left$995$2,625-38%USD $1,630
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Slovakia , Austria and Slovenia
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and Slovenia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Munich.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 May 2018 the full payment of $1,600 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1600 for Eastern Highlights - 11 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 151 km
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 250 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 394 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 159 km
- Banska Bystrica (Slovakia)
- 138 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 161 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 145 km
- Graz (Austria)
- 134 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,600 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,433 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Highlights - 11 Days