Eastern Highlights - 11 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,229
- Stroll the streets of Prague and see the Prague castle
- Discover Krakow, Bratislava and Budapest
- Explore the stunning Salzburg, Mozart’s birthplace
- Admire the remarkable Hohensalzburg Fortress
- Indulge in Hungarian cuisine and savour Czech beer
- Rather Poor
- JSJenniferWritten on September 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was excellent. A lot of time on the bus, but the time passed quickly when we played games, or would visit with the other travelers. Lots of early mornings, but we saw so much. The included meals were all delicious. The hotels were OK. Some better than others, but it was fine for 1 or 2 nights. Met amazing people on the tour. Dee and Csaba were great. I will definitely book another Expat Explore tour in the future.Show detailed ratings
- ChadWritten on September 6, 20183.5 - GoodI wished there were younger ppl on the tour. Which is at no fault of expat. The accommodation was pretty average and was really rushed But value for money and tour guide absolutely amazingShow detailed ratings
- MohamedWritten on August 29, 20184.0 - GoodSo lucky with the group, I had so much fun with all of them, our tour leader was the most competent always caring about how we doing, she was simply the best.Show detailed ratings
- LRLisaWritten on August 1, 20184.0 - GoodJust returned from a great trip to Eastern Europe! Our guide, Dee, was excellent. She stayed connected with the group the whole time and was very knowledgeable about each area we visited. The days were long with early morning starts and LOTS of walking but that’s the only way to be able to see everything. It was disappointing that we were rushed at Lake Bled, Vienna and Salzburg. Skipping the smaller cities to get to these places would have been ideal.Show detailed ratings
- AAAbdulmohsenWritten on July 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was a very excellent trip.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentI had a brilliant time. We were fortunate to have the wonderful Dorota (Dee) leading us and she was always thinking of how to make the experience better. She had lots of useful information and tips and made sure we had plenty of opportunities to talk to her. The tour was fast-paced, especially the last few days where we were only stopping for one nice, and she and our amazing driver Csaba made sure we made the most of those stops. Most of the local guides were excellent and I would happily visit any of the places again, including a number of the ‘comfort’ stops like Bled. Really well balanced tour if you want to see a huge amount in a short time. Excellent value for money.Show detailed ratings
- SRSusanWritten on October 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentDee was an excellent tour leader. She can keep the group moving and motivated. Zoltan, the driver, was also excellent. He knew how to get us out of traffic jams. The two worked well together.Show detailed ratings
- RRoslynWritten on October 9, 20174.0 - GoodExcellent trip, fast paced but you get to experience so much. Dee and Zoltan were wonderful. Met some lovely people from different countries and varied age groups but everybody got on really well. The places you visit are all so amazing and so interesting. Definitely do the Danube River trip in Budapest. Would love more time in each place but that is what happens when you only do a short tour. Excellent value for money. You could not do the same things any cheaper. Hotels were fine. Definitely would recommend Expat tours. We previously did the 12 day Italian tour which was also excellent and good value for money. RosShow detailed ratings
- ARAngusWritten on September 24, 20174.0 - GoodWe were frustrated in getting the information so late. Having e-mailed you to say that we were leaving South Africa 10 days earlier and would NOT be in contact by e-mail, we were informed that we could get free Wifi in Munich. HOW??? When we do not have roaming on our cell phones or e-mails. We certainly to not own a laptop or tablet. Not everyone is 25 years old. To start off at Munich: There were no directions to the Azimut Hotel from you. We battled for 2 hours to find out how to get there as it is not on any metro or bus route. Most people we asked on the train had no idea where it was. At our age we did not relish dragging our suitcases for more than a kilometer on cobble stones. Not a good start. The rest of the trip was a wonderful experience. Dorotora was extremely well versed on the history of each country and city visited. The local tour guides did a good job except that at times one could not hear what they were saying. Our bus driver Zoltan was excellent and very friendly. In fact a very nice group. Accomodation: Mostly Ok, some better than others. The approach to the Duo Hotel in Krakow was something to be experienced. Arrived in rain and had to walk at least 300m through road construction, sand and broken pavement. Not Expat's fault, but not pleasant. Perhaps choose another hotel in Krakow until the building is completed. Ljubljana - a lovely city, could do with an extra day there. Access to hotel bad. Coach had to stop miles from hotel - fortunately it did not rain, but cobble stones wreck your suitcase wheels. This was also the worst breakfast by far. Definitely post communism. Some hotels have only one lift. When two coach loads arrive at the same time it is chaos. Dinners included in the tour were great. VERY noisy, but interesting and fun. Sometimes we had to walk miles to get to the venue. We don't know how Dee knew her way around but she managed so well and was always cheerful. A longer stay in Vienna would be most welcome as this is one of the most popular cities for classical music and culture.Show detailed ratings
- DODavidWritten on September 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe driver (Csaba) was excellent and the tour guide (Dorota) was absolutely wonderful.The sights were spectacular, the accommodations were were all fine...only downside was getting my drink spiked in a Polish night club and having thousands of dollars in fraudulent charges run up on my credit cards.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Munich
- Day 2: Nuremberg - Prague
- Day 3: Prague - Free day
- Day 4: Prague - Auschwitz - Krakow
- Day 5: Krakow - Free day
- Day 6: Banska Bystrica - Budapest
- Day 7: Budapest - Free day
- Day 8: Bratislava - Vienna
- Day 9: Graz - Ljubljana
- Day 10: Salzburg - Munich
- Day 11: End of tour in Munich
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Would it be possible to leave the tour early?
You are always welcome to depart the tour at any time, but the price will not change.
Does this tour have a single supplement?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
Where and when does the tour end?
The tour concludes in Munich, on the morning of your final day. There's plenty to see in this wonderful city and some travellers choose to extend their stay.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Eastern Highlights - 11 Days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- December 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- December 2019
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Munich11 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to MunichOnly 1 seat left$394$1,920-21%USD $1,526
- SundayDec 23, 2018from Munich11 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to Munich0 seats left$77USD $1,843Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayApr 18, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$461$1,920-24%USD $1,459
- ThursdayMay 30, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$475$1,920-25%USD $1,445
- ThursdayJun 13, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$571$1,920-30%USD $1,349
- ThursdayJun 27, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$571$1,920-30%USD $1,349
- ThursdayJul 11, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$571$1,920-30%USD $1,349
- ThursdayJul 25, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$571$1,920-30%USD $1,349
- ThursdayAug 8, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$662$1,920-35%USD $1,258
- ThursdayAug 22, 2019from Munich11 DaysSundaySep 1, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$662$1,920-35%USD $1,258
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Slovakia , Austria and Slovenia
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and Slovenia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Munich.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 November 2018 the full payment of $1,229 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1229 for Eastern Highlights - 11 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 151 km
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- 250 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 394 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 159 km
- Banska Bystrica (Slovakia)
- 138 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 161 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 55 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 145 km
- Graz (Austria)
- 134 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,229 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 23 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Highlights - 11 Days