The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 01:24:49
- Our saving
- US $ 3,329
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Eileen "Amazing trip - Intrepid were awesome. It was a bit hectic as we moved around such a lot. There were a couple of restaurants I would not choose to eat in as they were a ripoff - Hot Springs in Agua Calientes was one and service was poor, sullen waiter. Will definitely NOT recommend that one. Toilets on Inca trail were unnecessarily disgusting and could be improved by changing them adding a toilet b..."
- +11 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Get to see downtown Lima
- Arrive in Nazca, the city famous for its mysterious pre-Inca civilization
- Spend the day in stunning Arequipa
- Visit Lake Titicaca
- Explore the Inca Trail
- Discover the amazing flora and fauna of the Amazon
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- YTYuenWritten on April 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe itinerary provided a comprehensive tour of Peru and all the beauty it has to offer. I appreciated that it has a combination of rural and urban experiencesShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Yuen, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Peru (one of our favourite countries too!). Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- SSusanWritten on October 5, 20163.5 - GoodSeptember 2016. Summary: A great itinerary, booking experience was poor. Luis was an excellent guide and really added to our whole trip experience. Pros: Action packed itinerary with lots of variety. Very interesting! Cons/Suggestions: Hiking the Inca trail - suggest taking some substantial food (other than snacks) with you for the second day hike (you eat breakfast at 6.10am and eat lunch about 1.30pm while walking the hardest day of the hike). I eat more in 7 hours sitting at a desk back home. There is no chance of seconds at meal times - a petite person and a person over 6ft will get the same serving size. As we didn't get great weather, we were unfortunately not rewarded with any great views on the hike. Next time, I'd opt for the train. Intrepid Auckland office: So many things were wrong ... it was't a good experience at all. I.e. my husband and I were booked on different hikes (Quarry & Inca), we were told a double room couldn't be booked and were booked into twin rooms for the entire trip while other couples had double rooms, we were told we couldn't change our train ticket from Machu Picchu to the following day and had to buy another ticket at US$110 each. Our guide actually helped us get a refund in the end. Flight booking issues/ no response from emails...the list goes on.Show detailed ratings
- GMGayleWritten on June 6, 20164.5 - ExcellentI finally lived my dream vacation this May 5 for 21 days on the Peru Encompassed Tour. I've never been on a group tour and didn't know what to expect. One of the reasons Intrepid will always be my first choice for travelling anywhere from now on is because it is Australian based and 3/4 of my group lived in New Zealand or Australia and they were such a friendly, fun bunch of travelling mates. According to Trip Advisor, Peru is THE vacation destination of 2016 and there were many individuals and groups travelling at this time. My group would watch and talk to some of the other travellers and observed that we seemed to be smiling more, communicating more with each other and feeling 'grounded'. An article, comparing Tour companies concluded that one or two might have more destinations or were a bit cheaper than Intrepid. But Intrepid pulled ahead in the dedication, knowledge and support of their tour guides and to me, that makes all the difference in and around the world!. Our tour guide Ali Jei kept her angel wings well concealed but we knew we were in the best hands and so very grateful for her expertise and care. She knew her country, the best places to eat and drink, where and when to bargain while shopping, how to obtain a 'safe' taxi, and which were the safe streets to meander along at night, etc. We benefited enormously. Our journey began in Lima where the first day I lost my tooth, the second day I lost my wallet and the third day I lost my roommate cuz she refused to bunk with me cuz I snored like Rip Van Winkle. Couldn't spend much time on pity parties cuz we had places to go and sites to see! Ali Jei nick-named our group 'The Lucky Condors' and if there was something worthwhile seeing or doing she was on it. We travelled along the beautiful coast and visited towns like Nazca, Pisco, the Ballestas Islands, Colca Canyon and the beautiful white city, Arequipa. We couldn't believe the hail stones on the floating islands of Uros and the picturesque beauty and hospitality of the people of Taquile island in Lake Titicaca. While there, some us husked corn or unearthed potatoes in their fields while others fed and watered the donkeys and sheep. That night we all gathered along a long dining room table dressed in colourful Peruvian costumes and helped prepare that night's delicious meal of quinoa soup and a variety of vegetables. We eventually made our way to Cusco and walked long the very narrow streets trying to stay out of the way of the crazy, skilled drivers. Ali Jei asked us to close our eyes and hold hands as we approached the Plaza de Armas for the first time and when we opened them the beauty of the historic Cathedral, churches, Monastery, and cobble stoned roads was intoxicating. Just around the corner from our quaint hotel was one of our fav places to eat that we nicked named,The Salty Banana'. We would sit in one of the cosy 2 rooms, drinking inexpensive red wine or Pisco Sours and watch the delicious thin crust pizzas bake in the wood burning stove. We like to think we experienced a good portion of Cusco, its ruins,cathedrals and Museums and wonderful places to eat...and we definitely shopped till we dropped. Must have brought back half a herd's worth of alpaca wool in the shape of colourful shawls, socks, hats and throws. Bought a great cap in Ollantaytambo and had one of the best massages ever in Aguas Calientes. Most of our group trekked either the Quarry Trail or the Inca Trail and that might have been the highlight of the trip. Machu Picchu? Yes, it brought tears to my eyes, maybe not as many as Denise shed but it was pretty spectacular. Ready to go home? Oh, ya! Next day we had the Amazon Rain Forest to discover with additional informative and friendly guides. Amazing stories. And those macaws were as big as B-52's! My friends tell me that I describe my trip as incredible because it was my first real big trip in decades and I lack perspective. I know, and my mates can vouch for me that this was a trip of a life time. No matter what your age, experience Peru. While jumping around Macchu Picchu that beautiful sunny morning, one of our guides, (another Intrepid treasure) said that in the not too distant future there will come a time when this sublime site will be observed from a distance or behind plexi glass because it will need to be protected and preserved. Go soon and take Intrepid with you. Be prepared to be very active, maybe lose a pant size or two and enjoy a trip of a lifetime with your mates!Show detailed ratings
- RoswithaWritten on October 26, 20135.0 - ExcellentWords just don't do any justice for this trip - it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! Our tour guide Fredy was full of information and knowledge and it was never to much hassle to organise anything extra - which we did a lot by the way, as our group loved doing EVERYTHING and more :-) He definitely made the trip unforgetable - let aside the sand dune buggying, sand dune boarding, the Nazca flight (wouldn't recommend that necessarily), the wild life spotting, paragliding in Lima, snow at the Lake Titicaca, the two homestays, the jungle logde including the night trek, the food, the friendly people, the stunning landscape.....the list is endless!! I absolutely loved the Quarry Trail and I am not one bit sad that I couldn't do the Incal Trail!! It was one of my highlights - the food, the horsemen, our guide, the landscape, no other travelleres, the perfect service at more than 4000m altitude, the harp player at 5am in the morning.... As we finished a day earlier than the Inca Trail, we had enough time to recover for Machu Picchu and to enjoy some Pisco Sour at Aguas Caliente. Thanks to our amazing guides, the best group, the combination of nature/culture/sport/food/fun and the perfect organisation, this trip was the best I have ever done!!!!! It definitely was a "great success"!!!Show detailed ratings
- EileenWritten on October 7, 20125.0 - ExcellentAmazing trip - Intrepid were awesome. It was a bit hectic as we moved around such a lot. There were a couple of restaurants I would not choose to eat in as they were a ripoff - Hot Springs in Agua Calientes was one and service was poor, sullen waiter. Will definitely NOT recommend that one. Toilets on Inca trail were unnecessarily disgusting and could be improved by changing them adding a toilet bowl to contain excrement or even long drops. Our tour guide Maritza Chacacanta Huari was incredible and really mothered us. Thomas was also amazing on our trail and Ronald too. We had 2 people with us who were deaf and dumb and they went out of their way to communicate everything to them. Loved the experience. The loyalty and dedication to Peru and Intrepid was constant and realShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on February 8, 20115.0 - Excellentexcellent
- AAnonymousWritten on February 5, 20115.0 - ExcellentIt was a lovely trip and our guide made sure that we got to see as much as possible. Did enjoy it a lot.
- AAnonymousWritten on February 3, 20115.0 - Excellentexcellent trip
- AAnonymousWritten on January 20, 20115.0 - ExcellentWow, so much packed into 21 days
- AAnonymousWritten on January 17, 20115.0 - ExcellentI had a fantastic experience on the trip. We got an in depth experience of Peruvian culture and saw an amazing cross section of the coutnry-side.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Lima
- Day 2: Pisco
- Day 3: Nazca
- Day 4: Arequipa
- Day 5: Arequipa
- Day 6: Colca Canyon
- Day 7: Colca Canyon (Home stay)
- Day 8: Puno
- Day 9: Lake Titicaca (Home stay)
- Day 10: Puno
- Day 11: Cusco
- Day 12: Cusco
- Day 13: Inca Trail, Inca Quarry trail or Train option
- Day 14: Inca Trail, Inca Quarry trail or Train option
- Day 15: Inca Trail, Quarry trail or Train option
- Day 16: Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train (Machu Picchu) / Cusco
- Day 17: Cusco
- Day 18: Amazon Jungle
- Day 20: Lima
- Day 21: Lima
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to LimaOnly 2 seats left$170USD $4,075
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to LimaOnly 2 seats left$170USD $4,075
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Lima7 seats left$751$4,080-18%USD $3,329
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to LimaOnly 1 seat left$176USD $4,229
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Lima0 seats left$176USD $4,229
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Lima6 seats left$163USD $3,917
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to LimaOnly 2 seats left$176USD $4,229
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Lima0 seats left$171USD $4,114
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to Lima10+ seats left$359$4,080-9%USD $3,721
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Lima21 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Lima0 seats left$176USD $4,229
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Lima.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $3,329 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3329 for Peru Encompassed, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,286 km.
- Lima (Peru)
- 207 km
- Pisco (Peru)
- 185 km
- Nazca (Peru)
- 404 km
- Arequipa (Peru)
- 84 km
- Chivay (Peru)
- 26 km
- Canon del Colca (Peru)
- 196 km
- Puno (Peru)
- 63 km
- Lake Titicaca (Peru)
- 333 km
- Cusco (Peru)
- 106 km
- Inca Trail (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,329 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,238 tours in Latin America
- covered by 102 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Peru Encompassed
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers