5 days / $98 per day
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Start and end in Hobart! With the eco tour Famous 5, you have a 5 day tour package taking you through Hobart, Australia and 16 other destinations in Australia. Famous 5 includes accommodation as well as meals and more.
- Age range
- 8 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- SMSuadWritten on May 29, 20183.5 - GoodThe accomsdstion at Launceston is badShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on April 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was awesome, we did see a lot of spectacular things all around Tasmania, the guide James was firendly and did almost all the walks with us. The first 2 nights at “bumby’s” accomodation were really confortable. The hostel at bicheno wasnt really clean tho. In general, I loved my trip and wished I had booked more days!Show detailed ratings
- BWBarbaraWritten on December 28, 20173.0 - AverageGuide was very knowledgeable. Accommodations were good to very poor, not sure last backpacker place would pass US fire and health codes. Recommendations for food options poorShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: HOBART > STRAHAN
- Day 2: WILD WEST COAST
- Day 3: CRADLE MOUNTAIN > LAUNCESTON
- Day 4: LAUNCESTON > BICHENO
- Day 5: FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK > HOBART
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Rather poor by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Hobart5 DaysMondayAug 27, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Hobart5 DaysMondaySep 3, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Hobart5 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Hobart5 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Hobart5 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Hobart5 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- ThursdaySep 20, 2018from Hobart5 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Hobart5 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Hobart5 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Hobart5 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $488
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Hobart.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Under Down Under Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 October 2018 the full payment of $488 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $488 for Famous 5, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Under Down Under Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Under Down Under Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 862 km.
- Hobart (Australia)
- 55 km
- Russell Falls (Australia)
- 11 km
- Mount Field National Park (Australia)
- 73 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 48 km
- Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park (Australia)
- 54 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 11 km
- Henty Dunes (Australia)
- 33 km
- Montezuma Falls (Australia)
- 39 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 81 km
- Cradle Mountain (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $488 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 951 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 67 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Famous 5 via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Famous 5