Solo Travel Tours
Travelling solo is one of the best ways to challenge yourself and get more out of trips! When you travel alone, you get to choose when and how! Taking holidays by yourself doesn’t mean it will be just you and a bag, you’ll meet lots of people along the way and build meaningful connections! Imagine exploring one of the best solo travel tours to Europe, India or hiking Machu Picchu?
Best solo travel destinations
There are so many incredible countries to discover as a solo traveller. From fjords in New Zealand to island hopping in Thailand, the world just got a whole lot bigger! Find out where to go travelling alone: We list the most popular solo travel destinations.
Adventure holidays for solo travellers
Experience astonishment and wonder by going on one of these incredible adventure holidays for singles.
Say yes to adventure by jumping on a Machu Picchu tour for single travellers. The itineraries will guide you through the streets of Cusco, and charm you with the vibe of Machu Picchu.
Jump on a tour of Northern Lights designed for single travellers and explore the world on your own. The itineraries will walk you down the streets of Reykjavik, and charm you with the vibe of Seljalandsfoss.
Find a Kilimanjaro tour suitable for solo travellers and explore the world on your own. The itineraries will guide you through the streets of Moshi, and charm you with the vibe of Barafu Hut.
How to travel alone for the first time
Planning trips with loved ones can be tricky, but why should that stop you from seeing the world? Check out our top tips for travelling alone around the world!
Pick a focus of your trip
What is your favourite thing to do at home and away? Is it exploring bakeries? Checking out craft breweries? Drinking wine? Rock climbing or water sports? Whatever it is that you love doing, find an itinerary that focuses on something you enjoy doing and let it become the theme of your time away from home. This is a unique way to discover a new place and create memories when travelling alone!
Download podcasts and playlists
Podcasts and music are the best way to elevate your downtime or moments spent travelling on trains, planes and buses getting from one location to the next. There’s a podcast for every single niche in the world, so no matter what you’re interested in or aspiring to be, there’s a podcast to inspire you! One of the most therapeutic experiences is going to an art museum and gallery and listening to your favourite Spotify playlist while looking at masterpieces created by the world’s greatest artists.
Find a portable hobby
There are so many portable hobbies you can choose from; it’s not all about knitting! Writing and reading are the most obvious choices, but what about jewellery-making or flower pressing? You could also take your guitar or another musical instrument! Music is a great portable hobby for when you are travelling alone, firstly it’s a universal language that almost everyone loves, and it’s a great way to make friends. There will always be someone around who knows a verse or chorus of the greatest hits.
Be a traveller and not a tourist
You’ve probably heard this statement many times and wondered what it means. In essence, it means losing yourself in a new place. Start by ditching your camera, guidebook and Google Maps and wander like you’ve never wandered before. Instead of scouring the Internet for answers, walk up to the locals and ask them - yes, even if there is a language barrier! The crux of being a traveller over a tourist is to experience challenges and to embrace them. Something which is easier to do when you travel alone.
Join group activities
If you’ve ever done a meetup in your home city, you know how fun they can be! There’s nothing to stop you from doing this when visiting a new country, especially if you are travelling alone! If you’re an avid hiker or dancer, why not spend your trip doing just that? The digital age has made it easy to connect with others and gather information on meet-ups happening around the world. Group activities that interest you are a great way to meet locals and make new friends!
Embrace your newfound freedom
When you take a vacation with family members and friends, you have to juggle dates, destinations, personal tastes, travel styles, and so on! When flying solo, you get to be the boss. Wake-up when you want, see what you want, and spend every single day how you want to, instead of compromising and planning with your travel companions.
Top solo travel deals in Asia
For decades, Asia has drawn visitors from everywhere on the planet. It is a haven for every traveller, and these Asia group travel tours for singles will show you why.
One Life Adventures - Philippines
10 days from $1,068 $923
- Explore Manila and enjoy the nightlife in this wild city
- Sample delicious Filipino food on this great adventure
- Interact with some inmates in Puerto Princesa
- Feel as if you are in Paradise in El Nido
- Spend a day with locals and zipline between islands
Israel, West Bank & Jordan Full Experience Package (12D/11N)
12 days from $1,224
- Jump on a bike and see the top spots of Tel Aviv
- Learn about Israeli society and life from a local
- Head to Caesarea and explore the remarkable Nazareth
- Discover Petra, build by ancient Nabatean people
- Visit the remarkable Church of the Holy Sepulchre
12 days from $1,495 $1,026
- See Palawan, the world's most beautiful island
- Take an unforgettable dip with gentle whale sharks
- Party the night away on the beaches of Boracay
- Swim through the shimmering Hinagdanan Caves
- Snorkel in crystal waters and make lifelong friends
Sri Lanka - 10 Days
12 days from $1,368
- Be amazed by the tales and secrets of Sri Lanka.
- Dip in the pool in Sigiriya and climb the Sigiriya Rock.
- Learn to cook curries, poppadoms and coconut sambal.
- Search for the wildlife in Udawalawe National Park.
- Relax at the beach and cycle through local villages.
Asian Adventure (10 destinations)
16 days from $1,962
8 days from $712 $488
- Catch some waves and party the night away in Kuta
- Be amazed by the cheeky locals in the Monkey forest
- Hit the markets in Ubud, and spend time in a local school
- Check out incredible snorkel spots and swim with turtles
- Cycle around vehicle free party island Gili T
Ultimate Bali (from Kuta to Gili Trawangan)
10 days from $712 $569
- Explore Bali’s most exquisite temples and rice fields
- Learn to surf, then kick back with an ice-cold Bintang
- Meet the cheeky locals in Ubud’s famous monkey forest
- Trek to the top of Mount Batur or enjoy a yoga class
- Snorkel with turtles and party the night away on Gili T
Big Indochina Adventure (22 destinations)
27 days from $3,342
- Visit the Royal Palace and the Bridge on the River Kwai
- Grab a bike and explore Ayutthaya and Luang Prabang
- Learn about the 'Killing Fields' and discover Angkor Wat
- Cruise the emerald waters of Halong Bay on a junk boat
- Savour local food, relax, soak up the sun and have fun
Where to travel solo by continent
With an unlimited option of tour packages for single travelers from hiking trips to cruises, that dream trip is around the corner.
River cruises for solo travellers
River cruises are one of the most unique ways to explore the world, and perfect for when you are going it alone!
Best vacations in Oceania for solo travellers
'Sweet As' South (Start Christchurch, End Wellington, 2018-19, 10 Days)
10 days from $1,595 $1,276
East Coast Beachin (Ex Sydney) (Byron Bay , Fraser Island , Whitsundays Sailing)
14 days from $2,749 $2,425
'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington, End Christchurch, 2018-19, 10 Days)
10 days from $1,567 $1,254
East Coast Beachin (Ex Cairns) (Whitsundays )
14 days from $2,749 $2,425