Solo Travel Tours
Travelling solo is one of the best ways to challenge yourself and get more out of trips! When you travel alone, you get to choose when and how! Taking holidays by yourself doesn’t mean it will be just you and a bag, you’ll meet lots of people along the way and build meaningful connections! Imagine exploring one of the best solo travel tours to Europe, India or hiking Machu Picchu?
Tours suitable for solo travellers on TourRadar
Flying solo? That doesn’t mean you have to travel alone! On a group tour, you get the best of both worlds: a crew of ready-made friends to share your experiences with, and plenty of time to explore on your own. We’ve got thousands of tours tailored to solo travellers, so whether you want to reserve a private room or bunk with new pals, you’ll find your perfect adventure here!
Best solo travel tours destinations
There are so many incredible countries to discover as a solo traveller. From fjords in New Zealand to island hopping in Thailand, the world just got a whole lot bigger! Find out where to go travelling alone: We list the most popular solo travel destinations.
Adventure holidays for solo travellers
Experience astonishment and wonder by going on one of these incredible solo adventure holidays.
Say yes to adventure by jumping on a Machu Picchu tour for single travellers. The itineraries will guide you through the streets of Cusco, and charm you with the vibe of Machu Picchu.
Jump on a tour of Northern Lights designed for single travellers and explore the world on your own. The itineraries will walk you down the streets of Reykjavik, and charm you with the vibe of Seljalandsfoss.
Find a Kilimanjaro tour suitable for solo travellers and explore the world on your own. The itineraries will guide you through the streets of Moshi, and charm you with the vibe of Barafu Hut.
How to travel alone for the first time
Planning a solo trip can be tricky, but why should that stop you from seeing the world? Check out our top tips for travelling alone around the world!
Pick a focus of your trip
What is your favourite thing to do at home and away? Is it exploring bakeries? Checking out craft breweries? Drinking wine? Rock climbing or water sports? Whatever it is that you love doing, find an itinerary that focuses on something you enjoy doing and let it become the theme of your time away from home. This is a unique way to discover a new place and create memories when travelling alone!
Download podcasts and playlists
Podcasts and music are the best way to elevate your downtime or moments spent travelling on trains, planes and buses getting from one location to the next. There’s a podcast for every single niche in the world, so no matter what you’re interested in or aspiring to be, there’s a podcast to inspire you! One of the most therapeutic experiences is going to an art museum and gallery and listening to your favourite Spotify playlist while looking at masterpieces created by the world’s greatest artists.
Find a portable hobby
There are so many portable hobbies you can choose from; it’s not all about knitting! Writing and reading are the most obvious choices, but what about jewellery-making or flower pressing? You could also take your guitar or another musical instrument! Music is a great portable hobby for when you are travelling alone, firstly it’s a universal language that almost everyone loves, and it’s a great way to make friends. There will always be someone around who knows a verse or chorus of the greatest hits.
Be a traveller and not a tourist
You’ve probably heard this statement many times and wondered what it means. In essence, it means losing yourself in a new place. Start by ditching your camera, guidebook and Google Maps and wander like you’ve never wandered before. Instead of scouring the Internet for answers, walk up to the locals and ask them - yes, even if there is a language barrier! The crux of being a traveller over a tourist is to experience challenges and to embrace them. Something which is easier to do when you travel alone.
Join group activities
If you’ve ever done a meetup in your home city, you know how fun they can be! There’s nothing to stop you from doing this when visiting a new country, especially if you are travelling alone! If you’re an avid hiker or dancer, why not spend your trip doing just that? The digital age has made it easy to connect with others and gather information on meet-ups happening around the world. Solo travel groups with activities that interest you are a great way to meet locals and make new friends!
Embrace your newfound freedom
When you take a vacation with family members and friends, you have to juggle dates, destinations, personal tastes, travel styles, and so on! When flying solo, you get to be the boss. Wake-up when you want, see what you want, and spend every single day how you want to, instead of compromising and planning with your travel companions. Check our Last Minute Solo Travel Deals now!
Top solo travel tours deals in Asia
For decades, Asia has drawn visitors from everywhere on the planet. It is a haven for every traveller, and these Asia solo travel packages will show you why.
Best of Cambodia & Vietnam
18 days from $2,480 $2,232
- Explore Bangkok
- Discover the world-famous Angkor complex
- Travel by private bus to Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh
- Explore the Mekong Delta
- Relax in Hoi An
- Enjoy a boat cruise on the Perfume River
16 days from $2,165 $1,840
- Connect with locals and indulge in delicious Asian food
- Tour the vibrant Bangkok and the historic Kanchanaburi
- Swim under Kuang Si Falls and explore Luang Prabang
- Admire the gold-covered Pha That Luang in Vientiane
- View Angkor Wat and stroll Siem Reap's night markets
Philippines One Life Adventures - 10 Days
10 days from $1,022
- Explore Manila and enjoy the nightlife in this wild city
- Sample delicious Filipino food on this great adventure
- Interact with some inmates in Puerto Princesa
- Feel as if you are in Paradise in El Nido
- Spend a day with locals and zipline between islands
Wanderlands Philippines - 12 Days
12 days from $1,496
- Explore stunning beaches and splash around in waterfalls
- Swim with whale sharks and snorkel the crystal clear waters
- Discover the Filipino culture and enjoy the best sunsets of your life
- Kayak through caves and take the leap of faith whilst cliff jumping
Wanderlands Bali & Lombok - 13 Days
13 days from $1,156
- Immerse yourself in a traditional Balinese cooking class
- Stretch out your travelled bodies at a fun yoga class
- Get up close with dolphins in the wild from a traditional boat
- Visit a local school and spend class time with the kids
Sri Lanka One Life Adventures - 12 Days
12 days from $1,385 $1,225
- Be amazed by the tales and secrets of Sri Lanka.
- Dip in the pool in Sigiriya and climb the Sigiriya Rock.
- Learn to cook curries, poppadoms and coconut sambal.
- Search for the wildlife in Udawalawe National Park.
- Relax at the beach and cycle through local villages.
Bali Bucket List Original 10 Day Tour
10 days from $955
- Swimming with Turtles in Gili Islands
- Epic views on Nusa Pendia
- Snorkelling with Manta Rays on Nusa -Lembongan
- Visit Local Markets
Vietnam Express Northbound
10 days from $1,235 $1,050
- Beatiful and historic Ho Chi Minh City
- A motor bike ride to the Forbidden Purple City
- Picturesque fishing village of Lang Co
- Marvelous lakes and architecture in Hanoi
Where to travel solo by continent
With an unlimited option of solo tour packages from hiking trips to cruises, that dream trip is around the corner.
River cruises for solo travellers
River cruises are one of the most unique ways to explore the world, and perfect for when you are going it alone!
Solo vacation packages and deals in Oceania
Perth to Broome Overland
10 days from $1,785 $1,607
- Explore the Pinnacles Desert
- Sandboard down the massive sand dunes of Jurien Bay
- Discover the diverse scenery at Kalbarri National Park
- Visit the rare and beautiful Shell Beach
- Make friends with the dolphins at Monkey Mia
- Relax and explore at Coral Bay
Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix)
6 days from $730 $657
- Spend six days hiking the pristine nature of Tasmania
- Try to spot the Tasmanian Devil on your travels
- Recharge and relax at stunning lakes and bays
- Challenge yourself and climb Mt Amos
'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington)
10 days from $1,555 $1,322
- Take a cruise in the beautiful Milford Sound
- Experience a Scenic Helicopter Flight and Glacier Landing
- See a native greenstone carving demonstration and Maori art
- Get stunning sweeping views of Queenstown by Ledge Swing
East Coast Beachin (Ex Sydney) 2019-20
14 days from $2,580
- Feel the wind in your hair as you cruise on blue waters
- Experience serious #islandvibes on Magnetic Island
- Take a dip in the aquamarine waters at Airlie Beach
- Slap on sunscreen and ride the waves at Crescent Head