Europe Escape - 12 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,590
- Great value for money
- Includes visit to Swiss Alps
- Guaranteed Departures
- Gondola ride in Venice
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MAYLINWritten on December 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentI really enjoyed my trip. Rachel was an awesome guide and team leader. I wish to have a little bit more time in France. Definitely I will continue travel with ExpatShow detailed ratings
- OolegWritten on December 6, 20174.5 - Excellentawesomesdfds dwfds ds ds dfsShow detailed ratings
- RSRobWritten on December 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentAbsolutely enjoyable - a great way to gain insight into Western Europe. The pace is somewhat hectic (still getting over this) but the WOW factor was extraordinary. So much to take on board, Helen our Tour guide had so much information on what we were seeing and we had specialist guides for Florence and the optional tours of the Vatican and the Colosseum. Which one thing “stood out” (a question I’ve been asked a number of times) it was impossible to say so many stand outs. A great time had and I can only highly recommend to others.Show detailed ratings
- CyndiWritten on December 1, 20173.5 - GoodOverall we had a great trip! Our tour guide and driver were great. Some things you should know before you go. 1. This tour is fast paced, know and remember this, you are on a the tour company/ driver's time schedule. You will follow it or you will get left behind and you have to pay and figure out your way back to the group. 2. This is NOT a vacation, this is a crash course on Europe, a taste, a tongue dip, not a full bite to enjoy the taste, a small taste (1-2 hours) stops in each city unless you have a free day. There is a lot to see and accomplish in a short amount of time. 3. You will get a list of hotels and addresses to those when you arrive. 4. There is a bathroom on the bus, but it is for severe emergencies only, in other words, you don't use it. 5. You get a 20-30 min restroom break and lunch break at gas stations along the way. If you are trying to rest on the bus because you stayed out late to get the most out of the tour, good luck, you get little sleep on the bus, will be awaken by loud music (every 2-3 hours) to alert you that you have 2 minutes to get your shoes on and get off the bus to rush to the bathroom and grab a lunch and inhale it at the stop (You can't eat on the bus, the food smells and disturbs those around you). 5. You will spend little or no time to shop or get souvenir's at stops. Unless you have a free day. 6. Expect to spend 10 minutes at the Eiffel Tower for a picture, Pisa (30 minutes), Tuscany 1 hour, Innsbruck 45 minutes, Burgundy 1.5 hours, Florence 2 hours (1 hour walking tour) ,Vatican City 2 hour tour (no time for shopping), Venice 1.5 hours on your own after a 45 min walking tour and 15 min gondola ride, Rome, 'Conquer the Capital' tour - my fit bit logged 23,000 steps for that day in 95 degree heat (everyone was drenched) in July, and 30 minutes to walk on your own to shop. Amsterdam picture stop for 15 minutes in front of windmill, 15 minutes in front of Amsterdam sign for picture, red light walking tour, 30 minutes on your own. Bruges, 1 hour stop, walking tour, 15 minutes to shop. 7. You will have an opportunity to get laundry service once but don't send any valuable clothing or name brands, we had several people have their name brand items taken. 8. No internet service on the bus 9. Expect to spend 4-7 hours on the bus everyday. 10. Many people had motion sickness during the bus ride so take something to help with that 11. Several people got altitude sickness on the mountain in the Swiss Alps, so make sure to hydrate before and while at the top. 12. You are expected to tip the tour guide and driver 2-5 euros per day, PER PERSON, not per party, so budget for this. 13.To use the bathrooms you have to pay .5 -1.5 euros throughout Europe. 14. You are expected to pay for excursions and optional dinners in cash on the bus the one of 2 days before. 15. you can purchase water bottles for 2 Euros a bottle. 16. Everyone will rotate seats, move two rows back every day. 17. You will carry your luggage up flights of stairs, on and off the bus everyday, so pack light. 18. The hotel owner in Switzerland can come across as rude. 19. There are charging docking stations under your seats on the bus, but many did not work. TIPS: 1. Take an umbrella for shade during heat during summer, or you can buy one. 2. Take a water bottle 3. Invest in a neck pillow for your cat naps on the bus. Those that had inflatable ones were miserable 4. Get rest before you leave 5. Take wipes or hand sanitizer to wipe down seats and windows. We had several sick people on board who coughed and sneezed all over, on the windows and then you rotate and sit in their germs the next day. I hope this review helps. I would have liked to have known these things before, I booked. I would have booked a different and longer trip and would not have been disappointed to only spend 1-2 hours at each city.Show detailed ratings
- PFpatrickWritten on October 31, 20174.5 - ExcellentTrip was very well organized. Tour leader was patient and easy to get along with as was the coach driver. I would highly recommend this company especially for amateur travelersShow detailed ratings
- NNinyaWritten on October 17, 20174.0 - Good8 European countries in 12 days.. It gives one a taste of all the countries. Fun, but quite tiring. We had to wake up early in the morning to get going. We ride the coach bus to places, which was convenient as it is not a public transportation. We get to know everyone in the group as we are somewhat always together for 12 days.Show detailed ratings
- AnandaWritten on October 9, 20173.5 - GoodAccommodation in Paris was not upto the standard we expected during the tour.Show detailed ratings
- JitWritten on October 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentNo complaints about this tour at all. All features of this tour will meet your expectation and maybe surpass them sometime. It is value for money. The basics on offer will give you a great overall feel of the countries you go through. The optional guided tours and experiences are thoughtfully designed to give you a deeper insight into the culture of the country. Its great, because you can chose what you would like to do and keep a check on your traveling budget as well. Though the tour could be hectic, it maximises the time spent in giving you the best experience. Just go for it, if you want a glimpse of Europe so that you can decide where you'd like to go back for a second time.Show detailed ratings
- DanWritten on October 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentTrip was wonderful. Kevin, our guide, was amazing. He was full of knowledge on the country, customs and foot. Tour was fast paced early mornings and late nights (some days walking over 24,000 steps). Bus was comfortable and Craig the driver did a great job with keeping us safe and handling the luggage. Accommodations were ok- close to transportation even though they were located outside of the city- just wish we would of had double/queen beds instead of twins. Some meals were included with the tour and they were very good. We would book with Expat again. Great value!Show detailed ratings
- AAlishaWritten on September 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy fiancé and I just completed the Europe Escape tour and it was awesome. Shae, our trip leader, was fantastic, patient and knowledgeable. Our driver Gary was amazing in getting us to each destination safely and on time. They are both assets to the expat team. The Europe escape tour was fast paced with early mornings but we were simply blown away with the whole experience. The destinations/accommodation/food/tours were all fantastic. The value that expat provides for the cost of this tour is unbelievable. Each experience is simply amazing and we skipped all the queues. I highly recommend expat to anyone who wants to maximize their time in Europe and especially for first timers. We loved our group and everything was well organized. Thank you to Shae, Gary and the expat team for a wonderful experience.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: London - Paris
Start point Outside Hotel Novotel at Greenwich station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 06:30
- Day 2: Paris - Free day
- Day 3: Burgundy - Swiss Alps
- Day 4: Swiss Alps - Free day
- Day 5: Swiss Alps - Florence - Tuscany
- Day 6: Tuscany - Pisa - Rome
- Day 7: Rome - Free day
- Day 8: Rome - Venice
- Day 9: Innsbruck - Munich - Bavaria
- Day 10: Bavaria - Rhine Valley
- Day 11: Rhine Valley - Amsterdam
Day 12: Amsterdam - Bruges - London
End point Greenwich train station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 18:30 - 21:30
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Paris - Ibis la Defense
Address: 4 Boulevard de Neuilly, 92400 Courbevoie, France
Swiss Alps - Alpenrose Hotel & Gardens
Address: Kirchgasse 72B, 3812 Wilderswil, Switzerland
Tuscany - Hotel Massimo d'Azeglio
Address: Corso Matteotti 42, 51016 Montecatini Terme PT, Italy
Rome - Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
Address: Via Cristoforo Colombo, 710, 00144 Roma RM, Italy
Venice - Elite Residence Hotel
Address: Via Forte Marghera, 119, 30173 Venezia VE, Italy
Munich - ACHAT Premium München-Süd
Address: Perchtinger Str. 3, 81379 München, Germany
Rhine Valley - Rheinlust
Address: Rheinallee 27-30, 56154 Boppard, Germany
Amsterdam - Hampton by Hilton Schipol Airport
Address: Neptunusstraat 1, 2132 JA Hoofddorp, Netherlands
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe Escape - 12 Days
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
- May 1, 2017
Can a pregnant woman join this tour?
There are no terms which say you cannot go on a tour if you are pregnant. However, this is a tour that requires long travel time between destinations and is a very high energy tour. If you believe this will be fine for you then there shouldn't be any problems.
- May 1, 2017
I was wondering if I can get into Paris and join the tour there on the second day since I'm coming from Lourdes?
Meeting the tour on the second day in Paris will not be a problem at all. The only issue is that we will not have the exact time and date of the meet up until the tour is confirmed and we have final documents through from the operator.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Worked in the industry for over 10 years now in various countries around Europe. Worked with Santa in..."
- "I love to travel, so this job is perfect. I get to meet passengers of all ages and from all over the..."
1,360 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Expat Explore Travel Europe Escape - 12 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 22nd December 201714 comments"Anyone on this tour yet? Or thinking about it :) "+4
- Departs 14th January 20182 comments"Hello! So excited for this trip! Anyone else booked for this tour?"+1
- Departs 11th February 20181 comment"Looking forward so much to this trip . .another one to tick off the bucket list "
- Departs 17th March 20181 comment"Hello Looking forward to this tour! First time to Europe!"
- Departs 26th March 20181 comment"Hi.I will join this tour on 26th march as a solo traveler.Its my first visit to Europe.Looking forward to enjoy this tour and making some great friends."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
Europe Escape - 12 Days
- Upcoming departures
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- FridayDec 22, 2017from LondonTuesdayJan 2, 2018in LondonPriceUSD $2,7000 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJan 14, 2018from LondonThursdayJan 25, 2018in LondonOur saving$695Price$2,700-26%USD $2,005Only 1 space left
- SundayFeb 11, 2018from LondonThursdayFeb 22, 2018in LondonOur saving$870Price$2,700-32%USD $1,83010+ spaces left
- SundayFeb 25, 2018from LondonThursdayMar 8, 2018in LondonOur saving$765Price$2,700-28%USD $1,93510+ spaces left
- SundayMar 11, 2018from LondonThursdayMar 22, 2018in LondonOur saving$765Price$2,700-28%USD $1,93510+ spaces left
- SundayMar 18, 2018from LondonThursdayMar 29, 2018in LondonOur saving$765Price$2,700-28%USD $1,93510+ spaces left
- MondayMar 26, 2018from LondonFridayApr 6, 2018in LondonOur saving$975Price$2,700-36%USD $1,7258 spaces left
- SundayApr 1, 2018from LondonThursdayApr 12, 2018in LondonOur saving$540Price$2,700-20%USD $2,1606 spaces left
- MondayApr 9, 2018from LondonFridayApr 20, 2018in LondonOur saving$540Price$2,700-20%USD $2,1607 spaces left
- MondayApr 16, 2018from LondonFridayApr 27, 2018in LondonOur saving$765Price$2,700-28%USD $1,93510+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Austria , Germany , Netherlands and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland, Austria and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 February 2018 the full payment of $1,590 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1590 for Europe Escape - 12 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 263 km
- Dijon (France)
- 239 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 401 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 41 km
- Montecatini (Italy)
- 37 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 265 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 3 km
- Vatican City (Vatican City (Holy See))
- 394 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,590 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,642 tours in Europe
- covered by 173 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 1,360 travellers have already met
before they left for Europe Escape - 12 Days tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 233 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe Escape - 12 Days