Canada's Rockies (Base, 8 Days)
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 5 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Banff National Park
- Jasper National Park
- Cruise the Icefields Parkway past Lake Louise
- Take a guided walk through Maligne Canyon & Lake
- Crunch across the glistening icefield of Athabasca Glacier
- Ride the Rocky Mountaineer through majestic mountains
- Day 1: Kick Start Your Journey in Calgary
- Day 2: Uncloak the Ethereal Canadian Rockies
- Day 3: Enjoy the Wonders of Jasper National Park
- Day 4: Take an Excursion to the Athabasca Glacier Make Travel Matter
- Day 5: Shoot Your Shot in Canmore Dive Into Culture
- Day 6: Breathe Fresh Air in Banff
- Day 7: Board the Rocky Mountaineer
- Day 8: Ride by Rail to Vancouver
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Trafalgar
Trafalgar has been hand crafting unique guided holidays for nearly 70 years. They were the first to introduce travellers to the local experience and continue today where destinations come to life through their hand-picked insider experiences. They pave the way by presenting locals who share their stories, culture, and cuisine With over 230 holidays in Europe, North, Central & South America, Australia, New Zealand and Asia Trafalgar offers new ways to travel every year. Choose between 11 travel styles created to satisfy even the most travelled individual. So whether you wish to explore in an intimate group to less visited destinations or travel with your entire family, Trafalgar offers the perfect range of tours that tailors to your needs.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- RMRex· August 4th, 2022x xTrip date: July 2022
- Pamela· July 26th, 2022It was a great tour, well executed!Trip date: June 2022
- Penny· July 2nd, 2022Knowledgeable tour guide - excellent bus driver. Tour is well organized with free time and options when the weather changed the plans. Food was good and suggestions were good. Communication was last minute, meaning the week before with the details,... Show moreTrip date: June 2022
- SarahS· June 24th, 2022We appreciated seeing the snow-covered Rocky Mountains from Calgary. They were stunning. Thanks for this amazing experience!Trip date: May 2022
- Anne· September 26th, 2019Great time very good ,guide and driverTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your feedback with us; it’s brilliant reading about our guests' time spent on the road with us and we are thrilled to learn that your Travel Director and Coach Driver helped to provide a thoroughly enjoyable experience on the... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
- KJKári· September 6th, 2019YES WE REALLY LIKED IT. This was a nice trip, the scenery, the guide and the people wer very nice.Trafalgar commented on this reviewThanks for sharing your feedback on your guided holiday with Trafalgar. We always appreciate reading about our guests' time spent on the road with us and are delighted to learn that your Travel Director ensured you had a memorable travel experience in... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
- ZRZiona· August 27th, 2019This review rating is about my experiences with Tour Radar as a tour agent/operator for the Canadian Rockies adventure. Unfortunately, my dealing with this company and not Trafalgar directly was VERY INEFFICIENT.. The tour experience with Trafalgar... Show moreTrafalgar commented on this reviewWe always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their feedback with us here at Trafalgar, as this first-hand insight is very important to us. We are disappointed to read about the problems you encountered before the start of your guided... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
- GWGloria· August 27th, 2019This rating is a review of Tour Radar and my experiences of the Canadian Rockies adventure. Unfortunately my booking arrangements with Tour Radar was very inefficient. The Tour experience with Trafalgar was rated above. However, dealing with Tour... Show moreTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your feedback with us here at Trafalgar. To begin, we sincerely regret to learn that your overall experience was anything short of exceptional, given that the complete satisfaction of our guests is an absolute priority. Your... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
- HAHelen J· August 26th, 2019We had the best time and we thank you Virginia WoosTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you so much for having taken the time to inform us about the fantastic time you had on the Canada's Rockies guided holiday with Trafalgar. We are thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this trip, and we hope that we will have... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
- AAnonymous· August 26th, 2019The trip of a lifetime. Very sad for it to end.Trafalgar commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the Canada's Rockies guided holiday. At Trafalgar, we aim to create experiences that our guests will treasure. Therefore, we are delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your time away with us.... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -15%On RequestMonday8 May, 2023Monday15 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,635$2,239+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
- On RequestMonday22 May, 2023Monday29 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,635+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday29 May, 2023Monday5 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,695+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday5 Jun, 2023Monday12 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,833+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday12 Jun, 2023Monday19 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,833+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
- Monday19 Jun, 2023Monday26 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin (Gold Leaf)See Similar Tours For These Dates$2,833+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday26 Jun, 2023Monday3 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,833+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday3 Jul, 2023Monday10 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,855+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf0% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday10 Jul, 2023Monday17 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,025+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf0% Interest Instalments
- Monday17 Jul, 2023Monday24 Jul, 2023EnglishBased on Twin (Gold Leaf)See Similar Tours For These Dates$2,855+ $2,495Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of this tour, you will continue your journey by rail through British Colombia to Vancouver. Upon arrival into Vancouver, your included transfer will take you to the Vancouver International Airport or the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront. The airport arrival will be between 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm, so please be aware of departure time when booking your flights home!
- When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Westin Calgary in downtown Calgary anytime during the day. Spend your day settling in at your hotel and gather around at 6 pm to meet with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
With Trafalgar, you receive a complimentary arrival and departure transfer by shuttle, minivan or taxi between designated airports and Trafalgar hotels on the scheduled starting and ending day of your holiday.
- What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Jasper Float Trip. Adult Price: $73.00
Brewster Banff Gondola. Adult Price: $59.00
Royal Canadian Tour 25 mins. Adult Price: $273.00
Mt. Assiniboine Tour 30 mins. Adult Price: $331.00
Three Sisters Peak Tour 12 min. Adult Price: $136.00
Yoho National Park and Moraine Lake Excursion. Adult Price: $35.00
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
- What is the age range?
This tour accepts guests between 5 and 99 years old. Please be aware that small children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour as there are no activities included which are suitable for infants.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
If you are a solo traveller on this tour, a mandatory single supplement will be added to your booking.
- Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. This is a list of accommodations that they typically stay at, but please be advised that they are subject to change:
Banff Park Lodge
Assigned by Rocky Mountaineer
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- Are the flights included?
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and you need to arrange these separately by yourself once your tour is guaranteed. As we specialise in organising the best tours around the world for you, we are unable to advise on flight prices or book flights on your behalf. If you have not already booked your flights we recommend checking out the following link which is powered by Skyscanner - https://flights.tourradar.com
- Do I need a visa?
As a tour booking website, TourRadar cannot organise visas for you on your behalf as the visa requirements are regularly being updated and vary for the nationality of one traveller to the next. It is for this reason that we recommend checking with your local embassy or consulate website for the latest up to date information.
Good to Know
- Canadian DollarCanada
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B.
- Type ACanada
- Type BCanada
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 30th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 30th, 2023, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Trafalgar. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Trafalgar will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Trafalgar" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Canada
- Canada Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- 10 Best Stargazing Tours & Trips 2023
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Canada from Calgary
- Canada In-depth Cultural
- 8 days Canada
- From Calgary to Vancouver
- Operators in North America
- West Coast Canada
- The Prairies
- Icefields Parkway
- Canada's Rockies (Base, 8 Days) Tours in Canada
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Family Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Canadian Rockies
- West Coast Canada
- The Prairies
- Icefields Parkway
- Canada tours