Tokyo to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,084
- +6 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Visit the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
- Check out the international Manga museum
- Experience Kyoto’s Geisha district
- Learn how to make sushi
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- LiliaWritten on March 30, 20184.0 - GoodVery fast paced and exciting tour . I would have liked more time in Osaka as we only arrived there at 1.30 pm and left 11 am the next day . Would have liked more time in Mijayama island to do a short walk. We only arrived there at about 2 pm.Show detailed ratings
- LeighWritten on November 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentFabulous experience on this tour!!! I don't think that I would have seen and done as much as I did if going on my own through Japan. Shanna was an excellent tour leader and was ever so patient and accommodating to the group's wants and needs!!! I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable, enthusiastic and outgoing leader!! The accommodations met and even exceeded my expectations at some locations. I would recommend the Tokyo to Tokyo tour to anyone who wants a truly backpackers experience.Show detailed ratings
- JSjohnWritten on October 1, 20172.0 - Rather poorgood guide Alan has a very good knowledge of Japan and japan language.He is also patient with the travellers. Japan is a clean and friendly country. It also has some amazing architecture and civil engineering infrastructure. However the accommodation and the amount of walking is not for the over 50s . Meals also tended to be on the run ,failing to have healthy meals at conventional times. The accommodation may be okay for the young but not for 77 year olds as included in the promotion .Show detailed ratings
- RachaelWritten on September 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis tour was fantastic, absolutely loved the itinerary, I felt like we did so much. The customer service beforehand was excellent, my questions were always answered promptly and helpfully. Our guide was brilliant, really knowledgeable and helpful, I never felt like I had to do something. Wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.Show detailed ratings
- CourtneyWritten on June 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentOverall, the tour was unforgettable. The highlights: our tour guide, Alan, was amazing with his in-depth knowledge of Japan language/culture/history and handled obstacles with humor and grace (such as when the sumo wrestler training was cancelled, so instead he offered different options). He was quick on his feet to provide alternative sight-seeing options or alternative modes of transportation if we were unable to complete the scheduled hikes. He also was willing to take our tastes and interests in mind and always willing to help guide us in transportation in case we wanted to explore on our own. I highly recommend Alan for any trip and hope to travel with him again in the future. More highlights include that the hostels were all very clean, secure, and provided excellent help when requested. In fact, the WeBase hostel in Kamakura was my personal favorite and I will book them in my future travels in Japan. DragonTrip paid for all of the transportation costs, so taking any trains, subways, or buses (even in our independent time) were all covered, which made exploring the cities easy. The people I met on this trip were all great and we all plan to keep in touch/meet up again in another part of the world. Japan itself felt like a very safe, efficient, and clean country that I will visit again soon. Downfalls: Really, I think the main downfalls lie in the jam-packed itinerary that needs to be heavily revised. Personally, after the 5th shrine/temple, the rest started to look the same. We visited around 15 in total, which made the trip more go-go-go than I would have preferred, as we were running around trying to see all of the shrines/temples and other sights with little room for downtime. Because of this, many of our breakfasts, lunches, and snacks were based in the many convenient stores. I had planned on a healthy diet when visiting Japan, but instead was faced with the decision of grabbing a quick fry meal at a 7-eleven or not eating until later in the day. If there were less shrines/temple visits and less hikes (which were more than the 2 listed!), then there would be more room for enjoying a well-made meal or at least stops at a grocery store so fresh fruits/veg are available (we were literally asking for vegetables at the end of week 1!). Speaking of hikes, I was told by DragonTrip via email that I would not need hiking boots when I specifically asked. That was NOT true, as we hiked many trails to shrines/temples, and I would have really felt more secure if I had my hiking boots with me on the muddy/unstable footing hikes. Also, please consider including a homestay of sorts in your tours. I felt like during this trip that I didn't get much of a chance to interact with native Japanese people or to experience their actual day-to-day activities. Most people we encountered were somewhat comfortable with English, but one of my hopes for this trip was to practice my Japanese language skills. All in all, I'm glad I purchased this tour and hope that my review can help others who are considering visiting Japan and can be taken into consideration by DragonTrip for future tours. I'm planning on visiting Japan again next year to explore more of Kamakura and the islands.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo
- Day 4 Tokyo
- Day 5 Kamakura
- Day 6 Mount Fuji, Hakone
- Day 7 Kyoto
- Day 8 Arashiyama, Kyoto
- Day 9 Kyoto
- Day 10 Kyoto, Hiroshima
- Day 11 Hiroshima
- Day 12 Osaka
- Day 13 Osaka
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- The Dragon Trip Experience
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- The Dragon Trip Japan Adventures
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 17, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour finishes at around 4.30 pm at the Toyko Railway station after taking the train back from Osaka. It's time to say goodbye to your fellow Dragon Trippers and continue on your travels!
- May 17, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts in the reception of Tokyo House Inn at 10 am on the first day. Spend the rest of the day taking in the cityscape from the top of a skyscraper, check out Shinjuku, take a relaxing trip to a local bathhouse and explore the endless eating and drinking options in Tokyo by night. Please be aware that the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 17, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available for this tour, however, the tour operator is happy to provide you with a detailed instructions pdf on how to arrive at Tokyo House Inn from the airport (both Haneda or Narita International Airports) after the booking is made.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
Tokyo to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$64USD $2,084
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this The Dragon Trip booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 July 2018 the full payment of $2,084 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2084 for Tokyo to Tokyo, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and The Dragon Trip will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for The Dragon Trip tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 265 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 281 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 402 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,084 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,522 tours in Asia
- covered by 191 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Tokyo to Tokyo via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Tokyo to Tokyo