- Our saving
- US $ 2,246
- Admire the golden gate bridge of San Francisco
- Enjoy a scenic drive along spectacular 17-Mile Drive
- Fall in love with quaint Carmel, Big Sur and Napa Valley
- Visit the historic gold and silver mining town of Virginia
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive San Francisco
- Day 2: San Francisco Sightseeing – Napa
- Day 3: Napa – Sacramento – Lake Tahoe (2 Nights)
- Day 4: Lake Tahoe Sightseeing
- Day 5: Lake Tahoe – Yosemite National Park
- Day 6: Yosemite National Park – Salinas Valley – Monterey (2 Nights)
- Day 7: Monterey, Carmel and 17-Mile Drive
- Day 8: Monterey – Roaring Camp – Depart San Francisco
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- SSusanBetlachWritten on June 9, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Northern California Itinerary is wonderful. It ranges from the big city, to the forest to the smaller bay communities. The accommodations were top notch. The meal choice venues were excellent. Our guide, Robert Lehua and driver Angel, were both so... Read more
- williamWritten on June 4, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Robert Lehua was our guide and he was outstanding. This was a terrific trip and I give it high marks for accommodations, meals, sights seen, and pacing. It was a well put-together program that I thought was a very good value.Review collected by Trafalgar
- WTWadeWritten on September 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Very good trip. Tour guide and coach driver were excellent. Accommodations were great. I would recommend this trip to others. Except, I would not recommend going to the trip sponsored dinner at the Happy Girl Coffee House in Monterey. The food was just... Read more
- JDJoeWritten on October 27, 20154.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Every aspect was well planned, tour guide & driver were courteous & knowledgeable
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where and when does this tour end?
This tour ends in San Francisco after a short drive back from Monterey (approx 2hrs). The group should arrive in San Francisco in the early afternoon, where you can say your goodbyes or enjoy an extended stay.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour starts in San Francisco, the City by the Bay. There are no activities planned for this day so you're free to check into your accommodation and explore this wonderful city. At 6 pm an important welcome meeting will be held, where you can get to know your fellow travellers and tour guide. The joining point hotel is the Fairmont San Francisco, however, please check your final tour documents carefully as these details may be subject to change.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
This tour includes complimentary airport transfers on arrival and departure day, so you don't have to worry about a thing from the moment you touch down. Just be sure to let your us know your flight times and we will arrange the rest! If you are arriving early or departing late then alternate transfers may need to be booked.
- Love Travel?
- Trafalgar | The Good Life | USA Overview
- Connect With Locals | Groves | California
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Valentina19th April 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to San Francisco0 seats leftUSD $2,695Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to San Francisco7 seats left$250$2,495-10%USD $2,246
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayMay 16, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats left$273$2,725-10%USD $2,453
- SaturdayMay 16, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats left$280$2,795-10%USD $2,516
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayJun 13, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats left$290$2,895-10%USD $2,606
- SaturdayJun 27, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayJul 4, 2020to San Francisco9 seats left$290$2,895-10%USD $2,606
- SaturdayJul 18, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayJul 25, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats left$290$2,895-10%USD $2,606
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayAug 1, 2020to San Francisco7 seats left$290$2,895-10%USD $2,606
- SaturdayAug 1, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayAug 8, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats left$290$2,895-10%USD $2,606
- SaturdayAug 22, 2020from San Francisco8 DaysSaturdayAug 29, 2020to San Francisco10+ seats left$285$2,850-10%USD $2,565
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in San Francisco.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 14 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 14 October 2019, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Trafalgar. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Trafalgar. Please familiarise yourself with the Trafalgar payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- San Francisco (USA)
- 58 km
- Sonoma (USA)
- 14 km
- Napa Valley (USA)
- 77 km
- Sacramento (USA)
- 139 km
- Lake Tahoe (USA)
- 159 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
- 225 km
- Salinas (USA)
- 23 km
- Monterey (USA)
- 6 km
- Carmel (USA)
- 33 km
- Big Sur (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,246 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,994 tours in North America
- covered by 113 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern California