Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,045
- +9 Destinations
- Iceland South Coast
- Explore capital city Reykjavík at your own leisure
- Encounter the active volcano brewing beneath a glacier
- Bathe in the blue lagoon, a nourishing seawater spa
- Visit the Golden Circle and admire the Gullfoss waterfall
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Northern Lights, Coach / Bus, Discovery
- On The Go Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Reykjavik
Start point Hotel Cabin, Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Day 2: The Blue Lagoon
- Day 3: Hella
- Day 4: Seljalandsfoss
Day 5: Reykjavik
End point Hotel Cabin, Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Address: Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CandaceWritten on April 10, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was the perfect way to see Southern Iceland. Erik adjusted to our needs and plan changes with ease. Tour was a great mix of various activities and sights to keep it exciting. Want to come back and do more tours!!
- FCFredricWritten on April 3, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The real down side was the weather; we were unable to view the lights. Erin was absolutely well informed and very pleasant. We knew in advance that our rooms were small. This boarded inadequate and uncomfortable.
- AAngelaKillingsworthWritten on March 28, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Firstly this tour was not with On the Go as advertised. It was GJ Travel. Deceptive trading. The Hotel Cabin in Reykjavik was appalling. No window, tiny room, rude staff- more like a youth hostel with large groups of teenagers. Itinerary did not list the... Read more
- AAnaCohenWritten on March 27, 20192.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
I can honestly tell you that I have traveled to Europe/China/South America/Latin America the USA and have never stayed in hotel so bad like the Hotel Cabin Reykjavik, just to let you know that our last night Reykjavik, we stayed at Grand Hotel REYKJAVIK we... Read more
- BrittaniWritten on March 26, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I really loved visiting Iceland! Our tour guide, Martina was extremely helpful and very interesting! I would definitely do another tour with her. The Hotel Cabin was okay, you get what you pay for so I kind of expected a very basic. It was filled with lots... Read more
- CSCharlesWritten on March 17, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Everything was well organized and we loved this tour! Highly recommend!
- RRachelWritten on March 1, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Although we didn't see the lights due to cloud cover and me picking a low point i the cycle the overall trip was fantastic - the views the lagoon and waterfalls. Awesome.
- PPamelaBoothWritten on February 28, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Loved the Tour. Loved the Tour Guide Thior. Very knowledgeable and conciderate of the people on his tour. Loved the Cabin in Aurhus. Cabin Hotel very average!!! Hotel in Reykjavík could be improved.
- THThompsonWritten on February 22, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Amazing Tour! Thor was very knowledgeable about Icelandic history and geography, and took our interests into consideration for making impromptu stops for sightseeing. The sights and experiences were incredible!
- MHMartineWritten on February 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Great tour, feel very blessed I’ve been able to see the Northern Lights in it’s full glory! Breakfast at the Arhus hotel was basic, would have been great to have a bit more options. Same as for the dinner, not a lot of options to choose from.. Also pre-... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need travel insurance for this tour?
Travel insurance is mandatory for all On The Go tours, therefore we do ask travellers to make sure they have arranged their travel insurance before departure. Insurance can cover the cost of your airfare, as well as your tour(s) in the case of unforeseen cancellation. It ensures that you do not have to worry about any unplanned changes to your travel plans, such as having to rush home to an ill family member or having a tour changed or cancelled because of a natural disaster. It can even help with smaller things - like lost luggage or stolen cameras. We recommend World Nomads travel insurance as just one of many travel insurance companies you can use.
When is the best time of year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year and is unavailable from May to September. While On The Go will make sure that customers experience this tour under the best conditions during the year, this is heavily dependent on the weather - whether it's cloudy or not as well as the activity of the Aurora.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
The Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
This tour includes two dedicated nights of Northern lights spotting in southern Iceland. On the Go will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, however, a sighting cannot be guaranteed.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences, from bathing in the Blue Lagoon spa to visiting the grand Skogafoss waterfall and travelling the famous Golden Circle.
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Chelsea20th February 2019
Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- ThursdaySep 12, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondaySep 16, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 17, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
- ThursdaySep 19, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondaySep 23, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
- ThursdaySep 26, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondaySep 30, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
- TuesdayOct 1, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
- ThursdayOct 3, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 7, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayOct 8, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
- ThursdayOct 10, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 14, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayOct 15, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 19, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$26USD $1,045Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 28 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 28 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with On The Go Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of On The Go Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the On The Go Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 100 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 45 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 55 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 57 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,045 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,032 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 69 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days