Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Our saving
- US $ 986
- +9 Destinations
- Iceland South Coast
- Explore capital city Reykjavík at your own leisure
- Encounter the active volcano brewing beneath a glacier
- Bathe in the blue lagoon, a nourishing seawater spa
- Visit the Golden Circle and admire the Gullfoss waterfall
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- TMTheresaWritten on October 14, 20184.0 - GoodEnjoyed entire tour thank uShow detailed ratings
- ALAnaWritten on October 11, 20184.0 - GoodIt was great! And with the northern lights in our last days!!Show detailed ratings
- CFCynthiaWritten on October 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe intinery was perfect!Show detailed ratings
- PTPadmavathyWritten on September 30, 20183.5 - GoodAccondatiomd were substandardShow detailed ratings
- PBPamelaWritten on September 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe first day was a little slow. Could have done without the city tour. Guide was fabulous. I took a day tour with another co and it was terrible. The guide made the tripShow detailed ratings
- PKPuayWritten on September 18, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was well organized and really enjoy the tour. The Gullfoss waterfall was awesome , it should be highlighted and promoted same as the northern lights and blue lagoon!!!Show detailed ratings
- NKNishaWritten on April 20, 20184.0 - GoodGood Tour. Enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- MEMariaWritten on April 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour guide could have been betterShow detailed ratings
- CatherineWritten on April 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had an amazing time! Loved that we got to see so much! The cabins in South Iceland were great, had a little kitchenette, they were right on a river. Perfect location for viewing the Northern Lights! My only complaint is we didn’t spend enough time at the Blue Lagoon. We only had about an hour forty five minutes and that included changing before and after. So really only about an hour fifteen in the lagoon. Not nearly enough time for me.Show detailed ratings
- IEIlaniWritten on April 6, 20184.0 - GoodFantastic trip, with alot of opportunity to see the country of Iceland in a brilliant way. Highly recommend it for families, friends and couples who love to experience a different culture, explore nature and learn about Icelandic history.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Reykjavik
Start point Hotel Cabin, Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Day 2: Blue Lagoon
- Day 3: Glaciers & Waterfalls
- Day 4: Golden Circle
Day 5: Reykjavik
End point Hotel Cabin, Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Address: Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need travel insurance for this tour?
Travel insurance is mandatory for all On The Go tours, therefore we do ask travellers to make sure they have arranged their travel insurance before departure. Insurance can cover the cost of your airfare, as well as your tour(s) in the case of unforeseen cancellation. It ensures that you do not have to worry about any unplanned changes to your travel plans, such as having to rush home to an ill family member or having a tour changed or cancelled because of a natural disaster. It can even help with smaller things - like lost luggage or stolen cameras. We recommend World Nomads travel insurance as just one of many travel insurance companies you can use.
When is the best time of year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year and is unavailable from May to September. While On The Go will make sure that customers experience this tour under the best conditions during the year, this is heavily dependent on the weather - whether it's cloudy or not as well as the activity of the Aurora.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
The Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
This tour includes two dedicated nights of Northern lights spotting in southern Iceland. On the Go will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, however, a sighting cannot be guaranteed.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences, from bathing in the Blue Lagoon spa to visiting the grand Skogafoss waterfall and travelling the famous Golden Circle.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ann10th August 2018
Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$55USD $1,095Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayNov 8, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
- TuesdayNov 13, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 17, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayNov 19, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
- TuesdayNov 20, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$55USD $1,095Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayNov 26, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$159$1,095-10%USD $986Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $986 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $986 for Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 100 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 45 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 55 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 57 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $986 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 38 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days