Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,051
- +9 Destinations
- Iceland South Coast
- Comfortable budget accommodation
- Experienced local tour guide
- See the Northern Lights
- See highlights of Reykjavik on a city tour
- Relax in the warm blue waters of the famous Blue Lagoon
- Visit the active volcano beneath the Eyjafjallajökull glacier
- Visit Skogafoss waterfall
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- NKNishaWritten on April 20, 20184.0 - GoodGood Tour. Enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- MEMariaWritten on April 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour guide could have been betterShow detailed ratings
- CatherineWritten on April 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had an amazing time! Loved that we got to see so much! The cabins in South Iceland were great, had a little kitchenette, they were right on a river. Perfect location for viewing the Northern Lights! My only complaint is we didn’t spend enough time at the Blue Lagoon. We only had about an hour forty five minutes and that included changing before and after. So really only about an hour fifteen in the lagoon. Not nearly enough time for me.Show detailed ratings
- IEIlaniWritten on April 6, 20184.0 - GoodFantastic trip, with alot of opportunity to see the country of Iceland in a brilliant way. Highly recommend it for families, friends and couples who love to experience a different culture, explore nature and learn about Icelandic history.Show detailed ratings
- CatherineWritten on March 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentI had a wonderful time and learned so much about Iceland. I had so many misconceptions but Simone was so knowledgeable and answered or found the answer to every question. She provided us with every opportunity to see as much as possible in 3 days. She was delightful to be around.Show detailed ratings
- JoahnnaWritten on March 20, 20184.0 - GoodReally enjoyed! Thank youShow detailed ratings
- JBJWritten on March 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe trip was spectacular the views astounding. Our tour guide had such passion for Iceland. Simone was very informative and kept it interesting while having a great sense of humor. She went above and beyond as a professional photographer she was kind enough to take all of our pictures with a backdrop of the Northern Lights. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- gabbyWritten on March 7, 20182.0 - Rather poorThis tour was very disappointing. There were a number of issues I should point out. The hotel Cabin room was the size of a match box. There is not enough room for one person let alone 2. You only have enough room to walk in turn around and lie on your bed. As for your suitcases you need to place them under the bed or use them as pillows. I had the hotel receptionist contact the manager from ‘on the go tours’ regarding this issue, only to be told ‘its your problem’! Secondly this is a 3 day tour not 5. Upon arrival at the hotel there was no information leaflet, no instructions, absolutely no information regarding the tour which was to commence the following day. There was no arrival meeting to get to know and introduce the other people. We were to meet the tour guide the following morning and we were not even sure where to find her. If felt as if we had all just hopped on a public bus and all going to the same places. The City tour on the second day was a real quick fly by drive of the city. The blue lagoon was the only highlight of this trip and you only get to spend 2 hours there. Overall I believe this 3 day tour is far too expensive and can be done solo without joining a tour group, by booking day trips with local agencies upon arrival. Food was also very expensive. We were not given much of a choice for meals. The restaurants we were taken to were very expensive. I have never paid $18 for a cup of soup anywhere else. I would not recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- LGlauraWritten on February 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentMy guide Simone was lovely funny, considerate and had great knowledge of Iceland Coach was ok clean and simple could of had charging sockets as I only had my phone to take pictures due to the cold weather my phone battery would lower very quickly Accommodation was ok clean basic but it was all you needed the cabins we had to watch the northern lights were lovely cosy and very scenic with the snow on the ground My group was nice mixture of couples, singletons (like me) and friends Overall great tripShow detailed ratings
- HAHeatherWritten on February 20, 20184.0 - GoodI took this tour as part of a stop over flying Iceland Air from the US to Great Britain. It worked well. The beginning of October is the start of the Northern Lights. We were fortunate to see some the night before our tour began (it was recommended to book Northern lights tours before and after the main tour to optimize our chances to see the lights) Unfortunately we had rain most of our 3 days but did see some lights one of the nights. However, the tour was interesting in and of itself. The accommodations were clean adequate given the price. I'd do a stop over again- maybe take a longer tour of the whole island. Just be prepared to pay a lot for meals.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Reykjavik
Start point Hotel Cabin, Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Day 2: Blue Lagoon
- Day 3: Glaciers & Waterfalls
- Day 4: Golden Circle
Day 5: Reykjavik
End point Hotel Cabin, Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Address: Borgartún 32, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year and is unavailable from May to September. While On The Go will make sure that customers experience this tour under the best conditions during the year, this is heavily dependent on the weather - whether it's cloudy or not as well as the activity of the Aurora.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
The Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
This tour includes two dedicated nights of Northern lights spotting in southern Iceland. On the Go will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, however, a sighting cannot be guaranteed.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences, from bathing in the Blue Lagoon spa to visiting the grand Skogafoss waterfall and travelling the famous Golden Circle.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day the tour ends after breakfast at Hotel Cabin with a transfer included back to the airport, however, you can leave earlier if you wish to.
Please be aware that the final hotel is subject to change until your documents are released.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 18, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- ThursdaySep 20, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- ThursdayOct 11, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
- TuesdayOct 16, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$44USD $1,051Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 October 2018 the full payment of $1,051 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1051 for Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 100 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 45 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 55 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 57 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,051 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,049 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 32 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days