Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,195
- +9 Destinations
- Iceland South Coast
- Relax in the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa
- Trek to Skogafoss’ giant waterfall
- Learn about indigenous Icelandic horses
- Explore eclectic and charming Reykjavik
- Visit the active volcano beneath the Eyjafjallajökull glacier
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- TUTeckWritten on November 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentVery knowledgeable & resposible guide/driver. Tour well organized, but sighting of the lights really is dependent on the weather. Our best sighting was actually on the optional northern lights tour after our trip. Our driver actually assisted in a road emergency in front of us, which is really commendable.Show detailed ratings
- LALesleyWritten on November 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was everything and more! The driver-guide, AnnaLaura was easy to approach, very knowledgeable and entertaining. Lots to see and do although would have liked more time at a few more places/stops. The budget hotel for the first and last was just that - Budget! Approx inches around 2 singe beds pushed together and a small metal open wardrobe with 4 hangers. Only place for suitase was under the bed! The cabins at Arrhus were adequate and very warm! Food stops and restaurants had fabulous choices cateting to all tastes. Would go back again!Show detailed ratings
- SGShivikaWritten on November 5, 20174.5 - ExcellentHad an amazing time. Couldn't ask for more. It was a short trip covering a lot of places but that's how I wanted it to be. The guide Anna was perfect. Very knowledgeable, helpful and organized the trip very well. Something more than expected was that I got actually good vegetarian food at free places. So the food stops were good too.Show detailed ratings
- HLHelenaWritten on November 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentI regard this tour was excellent, considering there were only 3 full days doing everything. It was full on. The tour guide, Anna, was very competent, very knowledgeable, informative and helpful. The only regret was the Northern Lights only sort of happened on the 3rd night and it was very quiet according to the forecast. We could make the green colour out from a good camera, otherwise it was looked as cloud.Show detailed ratings
- SRSusanWritten on October 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was a wonderful way of seeing Iceland. Our tour guide was very informative and helpful the entire time. The accommodations were a bit small but clean. We got to experience the Northern lights one of the nights and it was amazing!Show detailed ratings
- RSRogerWritten on October 24, 20174.0 - GoodGreat trip, great guide, great group!Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewHi Roger, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are glad to hear you had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you onto another On The Go Tours trip in the future.
- RonnessWritten on October 17, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was an amazing experience!Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewWe are glad to hear you had a wonderful time. We look forward to you travelling with us again in the future.
- VanithaWritten on October 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentAMAZING! I met new friends on the tour and we all had so much of fun. It was a memorable experience. Totally worth it!Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewHi Vanitha, Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you had an amazing time in Iceland with us. We hope you will travel with On The Go Tours again in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours
- LHLoisWritten on October 7, 20173.0 - AverageTransportation was easy to use the Flybus. Accommodation at hotel cabin was small room, TV didn't work and the reception was not warm. Arhus cabin accommodation was much better and scenery was lovely. Our tour guide, Erik, was informative and clearly loved his country! Overall, loved the trip just wished we had more time at each place, not just 45 mins or 1 hour...Show detailed ratings
- VFVickyWritten on April 20, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour was very enjoyable, mainly due to the guide, Antoine. He was extremely knowledgable, personable and made every effort to ensure that we were able to have a good experience. He took the weather into account and would change the schedule around for the day to accomodate the best weather for the activity. I felt the tour was comprehensive and in 3 days we were able to appreciate the splendor of Iceland. I did feel that the first accomodation, the Hotel Cabin, standard room had inadequate space for two people. There was no hair dryer in the room, towels were too small for the bath, there were no amenities like shampoo, soap,etc. The window shade was broken and did not get fixed after I complained. The second night we were there we were upgraded due to the hotel being crowed and the room was bigger and had better amenities. For a 20 dollar deposit you can get a hair dryer. Also, it appears that many school groups stay there and the place was overrun with teenagers who were noisy in the halls. The Arthus cottages were very nice. The food in the hotels was expensive and not worth the cost. In general, food and goods are very expensive in Iceland. I would suggest for people arriving early to Iceland as we did, to book the hotel 1 day in advance because you cannot check in until 2 pm and we arrived 6am from the US, were tired and had no place to go.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Blue Lagoon
- Day 3: Glaciers & Waterfalls
- Day 4: Golden Circle
- Day 5: Reykjavik
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 18, 2017
What hotels do you use for the "Land of the Northern Lights" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Hotel Cabin, Reykjavik
- Arhus Cottages, Hella
- February 1, 2017
Where and when would we meet our tour guide on the first day?
Day 1 is essentially an arrival day, where you can arrive in at any time. There is a free shuttle bus from the guesthouse to downtown Reykjavik at 19:00 which returns at 22:00. Perhaps you would want to take advantage of this and make sure that you were checked in by 7:00pm (19:00). This evening there is also an optional northern lights evening tour from Reykjavik. These tours can be booked on the same day and they start at 21:00 or 22:00, depending on season. Pick up from the accommodation starts 30 minutes prior.
- February 1, 2017
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Libby, 53 years old8th February 2017
Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- ThursdayNov 23, 2017from ReykjavikMondayNov 27, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayNov 28, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayDec 2, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayNov 30, 2017from ReykjavikMondayDec 4, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayDec 5, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayDec 9, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayDec 7, 2017from ReykjavikMondayDec 11, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayDec 12, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayDec 16, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayDec 14, 2017from ReykjavikMondayDec 18, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- FridayDec 29, 2017from ReykjavikTuesdayJan 2, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,375Based on Double Room0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayJan 2, 2018from ReykjavikSaturdayJan 6, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayJan 4, 2018from ReykjavikMondayJan 8, 2018in ReykjavikOur saving$32PriceUSD $1,295Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 January 2018 the full payment of $1,195 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1195 for Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 100 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 45 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 55 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 57 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,195 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,307 tours in Europe
- covered by 168 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 13 travellers have already met
before they left for Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days