Inca Trail Express
- Our saving
- US $ 1,053
- +4 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Visit the Coca Museum in Cuzco
- Hike the magnificent Inca Trail
- Learn about local lifestyle and tradition
- Relax in Aguas Calientes’ hot springs
- Rather Poor
- rezaWritten on May 26, 20184.0 - Goodthis is ok aand dsdsShow detailed ratings
- PHPeterWritten on May 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentAli and Vladamire (sp?) were excellent, superb guides from start to finish. They were wise students of Inca Culture and shared as much information as we were able or wanted to absorb.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Peter, thanks for sharing your experience with us, we're so glad to hear you had a great time in Peru! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon - where's your next trek? Kind regards, Intrepid
- CalinWritten on May 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentReally good tour, highly recommend!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Calin, thanks for sharing your experience with us, we are delighted to hear you had a great time in Peru! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- EBEricaWritten on February 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip Surpassed my expectations. The tour guide,Wilbur, and my hiking guide, Marcia, were absolutely amazing! I celebrated my birthday on this trek and I was treated like a queen! Marcia and the trek support staff not only baked me a cake on top of a mountain, but also surprised me with a Peruvian delicacy as a main course. I would not hesitate to travel with Intrepid again and I would request these tour guides if I came back to Peru.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Erica, Thank you for sharing your experience (and great photos!), sounds like you had a fabulous time. Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We always share positive comments like these with our global team, where they are very much appreciated. We’re delighted to hear that you had a great time with us (and, from the sounds of it, a very happy birthday!) and we hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- AGAnnWritten on December 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Inca trail express tour was amazing. Our guides were veryinformative, helpful encouraging and positive. All members of the group were valued and treated with respect! The porters, cooks and assistance were nothing short of outstanding taking care of all our needs.Show detailed ratings
- AAAdnanWritten on April 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat trip. Everyone should do the Inca trail atleast one in their life. Just have in mind that it requires decent fitness level, specially if you are hot but alltitude sikness.Show detailed ratings
- TraceyWritten on July 11, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe quarry trail was one of the best hiking trips I have ever experienced. Hiking at altitude was a new experience for me and a good challenge. The views were incredible - especially at tge 4450m summit. Our guide Carlos was excellent, and the hard-working horsemen and chefs really were outstanding. Our camps were set up by the time we arrived, and the food was delicious and plentiful. A really top experience!Show detailed ratings
- MaryAnnWritten on March 18, 20154.5 - ExcellentThis was unlike any trip I had ever taken before. I learned an incredible amount of information about Peruvian culture as well as Incan history throughout the trek. Even while we were in the city of Cusco, we were able to visit museums and visit markets and popular areas. The trek itself is pretty challenging, but it is SO worth it! We were very well taken care of by the porters and the guides. I was amazed by the strength and knowledge of all the Intrepid staff. It is such a rewarding experience when you finally get to Machu Picchu, and I feel like I appreciated Machu Picchu even more due to the Inca Trail. Highly recommend this tour! Loved it!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 20, 20115.0 - ExcellentI travelled the world for 6 months, visiting 21 countries across 5 continents. The week I spent with Intrepid trekking the Inca Trail was the highlight - without a doubt.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 8, 20115.0 - ExcellentGreat trip - we were informed of road closures and given another option for our trek (which was to be the lares trek) and we were very happy with the alternative (the Sokma trail)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cusco
- Day 2: Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo
- Day 3: Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or Train Option
- Day 4: Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or Train Option
- Day 5: Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or Train Option
- Day 6: Inca Trail, Inca Quarry Trail or Train Option (Machu Picchu)
- Day 7: Cusco
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Discover Peru
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
The last day of this tour is just a departure day as there are no activities planned, which means you are able to depart Hotel Awkis Dream in Cusco at any time you wish.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts in Cusco at Hotel Awkis Dream (hotel subject to change) with a welcome meeting at 2 pm. At the welcome meeting, you will meet your guide and fellow travellers and spend some time acclimatising to the high altitude (3,450 m) before heading out on an orientation walk.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour price but can be pre-booked for an additional cost. Once you have a confirmed booking please contact our customer support team for more information.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Im an energetic person who never stops, I am excited about our great nature and animals which we can..."
- "I love exploring new cultures, civilizations, books... but most of all - people. Working as a guide has..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Inca Trail Express
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cusco7 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Cusco0 seats left$34USD $1,341
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Cusco7 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Cusco0 seats left$34USD $1,316
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from Cusco7 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to Cusco0 seats left$37USD $1,423
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Cusco7 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Cusco5 seats left$34USD $1,316
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Cusco7 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Cusco0 seats left$37USD $1,448
- TuesdayJul 31, 2018from Cusco7 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to Cusco0 seats left$37USD $1,448
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cusco7 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Cusco8 seats left$231$1,350-17%USD $1,119
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Cusco7 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Cusco5 seats left$37USD $1,448
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Cusco7 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Cusco9 seats left$231$1,350-17%USD $1,119
- TuesdayAug 7, 2018from Cusco7 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to CuscoOnly 1 seat left$37USD $1,448
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cusco.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 September 2018 the full payment of $1,053 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1053 for Inca Trail Express, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cusco (Peru)
- 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 21 km
- Ollantaytambo (Peru)
- 67 km
- Inca Trail (Peru)
- 42 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- 65 km
- Cusco (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,053 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,368 tours in Latin America
- covered by 118 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Inca Trail Express
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Alternate Joining point
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Finish point
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers