Croatian & Eastern Delights - 14 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,646
- Admire the scenery of Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Stroll Dubrovnik’s Old town or visit the charming Kotor
- Sample traditional Czech beer and local cuisine
- Visit Vienna and Budapest, jewels on the Danube
- Stop in Mostar and take photos with the iconic Old Bridge
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- FTFerozaWritten on September 11, 20183.0 - AverageDorota was my guide and I was most upset that she did nothing about the sexual harrassment that took place on the bus btwn me/my fellow female travelers and one of the males on this trip. He was taking pictures of us and our body parts and we caught him doing that. We made him show us the unsolicited pics and we told him to sit far far away from us. When we told D about it, she only asked him to sit away from us once and then did nothing about it after that. This makes things unsafe for females going on trips like this. The whole point of group travel for me was safety, which was not upheld. Another annoyance was the seating chart. I understand she needed to do the seating rotation, which me and the other 2 people I came with were not fond of, but we acquiesced and she sat us far apart to where it was not as fun for us on the trip. After that we sat where we wanted bc we paid a lot for this trip and were not about to be treated like children about where to sit after paying more than three thousand dollars for this trip.Show detailed ratings
- SharonWritten on September 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentDorota (Dee) our guide and Zoltan our driver are excellent. The trip was well planned and we got to see some amazing sights, tasted local food and partake in some local activities. Some of the hotel selections were not great, e.g. no lifts or the amenities were very basic, but generally the rest of the hotels are good. Overall, a fast paced trip to allow you to get a taste of Croatia and central Europe but I enjoyed this trip. Thank you!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentDorota (Dee), our tour leader and Zoltan our bus driver, are excellent. The trip was generally well planned and there was a good balance of sights, activities and food. Some of the selection of hotels were questionable and I would have liked the stop at Czesky Krumlov, Prague to be longer. Overall, I enjoyed my trip.Show detailed ratings
- KumarWritten on September 5, 20183.0 - AverageA coach trip was a new experience for us. We have done all our travels on our own.With a coach trip you get the instant feel that you've got 40 or so more friends. You can discuss and do things together. Most of the things are taken care of. The tour involves long days, travelling by public transport in some of the cities on your own which was challenging for some in the group. There were pros and cons with this trip. Pros first: The price for the trip was very competitive.The tour leader and the driver were excellent. Most of the local tour guides were very good except one with too many micro details which tires the group especially on a warm humid day. And breakfast was adequeate in most of the hotels. The cons: Accomodation was below par in some of the hotels. we understand that what you pay is what you get, but would expect an elevator in all hotels. We had to carry our luggages 3 floors up and down. And hotels where you reach a floor by lift but find steps down the corridor and steps up a little further!!! And having to carry our luggage across streets since most of the hotels had no parking near the hotel. And a horrible border crossing where we had to wait for more than 6 hours!! Is this a norm for all coach companies to be left to the mercy of immigration officials or is there a better policy adopted by other tour companies in Europe??? And the very long city walks after a long day and odd dinner timings like 9.00pm. The included dinners were a waste of time in most places except a couple. The tour with the same itinerary could be done with two extra days in comfort even with the added cost. More time in Sarajevo and Vienna was needed.Show detailed ratings
- StuartWritten on August 28, 20182.5 - AverageMy wife and I have done coach tours before they are a quick and relatively easy way to see a lot of countries in a short period of time. We would have to say we were totally underwhelmed by this tour and felt it missed the mark for us. With the exception of Munich, Budapest, Vienna and Prague the hotels were at the bottom end of the star range. Two-hour walking tours at the end of a long day in crowded places in 33 to 38 degrees Celsius were too much, a one-hour tour would have been plenty. There was so much crowd noise in some places it was impossible to hear the guide, you were hot and tired so had checked out mentally after the first hour. The included dinners apart from Budapest were absolute rubbish. After two hours of walking in the hot sun and dinners that started at 9.00 pm, you were too tired to enjoy the dinners that were OK, let alone the ones that weren’t. The three-hour border crossing from Serbia into Hungary that in our case turned into a 6-hour marathon was just crazy. Whoever at Expat Tours thought even 3 hours was acceptable should be fired. Maybe I missed the fine print somewhere with the information on a 3 hour border crossing! It would have been better to miss Serbia or just drive through Serbia to Budapest and have two days in Vienna where there is actually something worth seeing. If you are a backpacker a budget traveller or a vegetarian you may fine this tour okay. If you enjoy some creature comforts, better-quality hotels and included meals that are edible I would suggest you pay more and book with another tour company. If it was not for Carly, our tour guide, who did her best to keep things on track, Tomi the best coach driver ever and the great people that we met on the tour we would have come home very disappointed.Show detailed ratings
- SSSTEVENWritten on August 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentHotels could be of a better standard. Dubrovnik hotel access was poor and baggage needed carrying on too many stairs. Overall, a very satisfying tour. Tour Leader Dee and driver Zoltan were great.Show detailed ratings
- HDHardikWritten on August 26, 20184.0 - GoodHad lots of fun. We saw everything stated in the itinerary. Bus was comfortable and bus driver Tomi and tour leader Carly were excellent. Long days, but you get to see a many locations in a short time. You can use the tour to work out where you might want to go back for a longer, more relaxing, stay. By the end, the tour group felt like a family and it was sad to say goodbye on the last day.Show detailed ratings
- MMMaynardWritten on August 9, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was good and our tour guide- Blake, was excellentl! The main area of improvement is the accommodation. About 1/4 of the hotels are mediocre.Show detailed ratings
- MJMelindaWritten on August 8, 20184.0 - GoodTour guide was excellent and most of the walking tour guides were also excellent. A couple of the walking tour guides I didn’t care for. The extra excursions were a bit over priced. We did go to Montenegro as an extra excursion and it was not worth the money- way over priced. We thought the price included a lunch which everyone thought was advertised and that would have made it worth it. Other wise the trip was really good, and the sites, aplenty, were beautiful places to see and learn about.Show detailed ratings
- AMAnne-LouiseWritten on July 29, 20184.5 - ExcellentFast pace but expected if you want to see all counties listed on the tour. Blake our tour guide was exceptionally knowledgeable about the history of the cities visited, was organized humorous & went out of his way to find me a cake for my 70th birthday in Belgrade. The driver Zoltan was friendly & courteous. I enjoyed Budapest Prague for 2 days but next time Vienna needs a 2 day visit too. I enjoyed the smaller cities where we stopped for 2-4 hours to see the historical sights. Rating 5Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Munich
- Day 2: Salzburg - Lake Bled - Ljubljana
- Day 3: Plitvice Lakes - Split region
- Day 4: Split - Dubrovnik
- Day 5: Dubrovnik - Free day
- Day 6: Mostar - Sarajevo
- Day 7: Belgrade
- Day 8: Belgrade - Hungarian Horse Farm - Budapest
- Day 9: Budapest - Free day
- Day 10: Bratislava - Vienna
- Day 11: Mauthausen - Cesky Krumlov - Prague
- Day 12: Prague - Free day
- Day 13: Nuremberg - Munich
- Day 14: End of tour
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes after breakfast at either Super 8 Munich City West Hotel, Azimut Hotel Munich City East or Econtel Hotel Munich (The hotel is subject to change until booking is finalised). Don’t forget to swap details with your fellow travellers before your onward journey home!
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day so you can arrive at any time at Super 8 Munich City West Hotel (subject to change), however, your tour guide will be at the hotel between 2 pm and 5 pm on the first day of the tour to help you with check in, and later in the evening, you will meet your fellow explorers and get to know them over a beer as you are all going to a traditional German beer hall for dinner and to get a taste of German culture.
What are the optional excursions?
Please see below the list of optional excursions in local currency which will be booked on tour, however, please note this is a guideline only and prices are subject to change:
Montenegro day-trip. Price: EUR 65
Traditional Czech Folk Music & Dance Evening. Price: EUR 35
Slovenian Evening. Price: EUR 35
Danube Evening Cruise. Price: EUR 18
Mozart Concert. Price: EUR 65
Hungarian goulash lunch. Price: EUR 10
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ann10th August 2018
Croatian & Eastern Delights - 14 Days
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Munich14 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to MunichOnly 2 seats left$572$2,530-23%USD $1,958
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$773$2,530-31%USD $1,757
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Munich0 seats left$101USD $2,429Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$754$2,530-30%USD $1,776
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$754$2,530-30%USD $1,776
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$884$2,530-35%USD $1,646
- SundayJul 14, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayJul 27, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$884$2,530-35%USD $1,646
- SundayJul 28, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayAug 10, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$884$2,530-35%USD $1,646
- SundayAug 11, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdayAug 24, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$884$2,530-35%USD $1,646
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Munich14 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$884$2,530-35%USD $1,646
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany , Austria , Slovenia and Slovakia
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Munich.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 November 2018 the full payment of $1,646 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1646 for Croatian & Eastern Delights - 14 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 115 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 224 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 157 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 0 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 134 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 206 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 317 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,646 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 39 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Croatian & Eastern Delights - 14 Days