- Our saving
- US $ 1,339
- Explore the Wieliczka salt mines
- Visit Schindler's Museum
- Try authentic sauerkraut
- Ride a gondola in Venice
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- BMBrendanWritten on December 8, 20164.0 - GoodI wasn't expecting to much when I took a tour with Contiki. My expectations were to enjoy my time off and meet new people and see new places. The tour was GREAT. There are things to see, options of entertainment, exposure to different cultures and new experiences I'll never forget. My advice for anyone considering the Eastern Trail is to have an open mind, be a little out going and have incinsentive to try new things and you'll have more fun then you ever expected.Show detailed ratings
- RBRichardWritten on September 6, 20165.0 - ExcellentTrent made the trip incredibly fun and insightful. There was not a moment in which we weren't either learning something interesting or having a great time at an awesome venue. I genuinely think Trent added a ton of value to the enjoyment I had on my contiki.Show detailed ratings
- DDannielleWritten on May 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentTrent was the best guide ever! He was very knowledgable about all the cities we visited and went above and beyond to ensure we got the best experience out of every destination!Show detailed ratings
- LMLauraWritten on May 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was more than I could of ever expected. Trent made myself and everyone else on the tour feel so safe but got us out of our comfort zones (in a good way) at the same time so we wouldn't go home with any regrets. Trent is the best tour guide I have had and I would request him for my next trip if I could!Show detailed ratings
- KKateWritten on May 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing tour in Eastern Europe, which was made all be better by my amazing trip manager, Trent! He went above and beyond to make sure we all had a great time and were given enough information to make sure we could get the most out of our trip. Everything was organised perfectly with enough room for some spontaneous fun on the side. We saw so many things and I had an incredible time on Contiki. Thanks Trent!Show detailed ratings
- HHailiWritten on May 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentGreat knowledge of countries, local areas, food and history. Bad dad jokes made my trip!Show detailed ratings
- HHollyWritten on December 28, 20155.0 - ExcellentI loved every bit of it. It's nice to go to a city, with a experienced tour manager, who knows where things are, a bit of history, a few locals and really anything you need. I love meeting new people, so I loved the group part of it. I like how contiki gives you choice of what you want to of. You can do the contiki activities or have free time in the city. I would recommend!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Vienna
- Day 2: Vienna to Krakow
- Day 3: Krakow
- Day 4: Krakow to Budapest
- Day 5: Budapest
- Day 6: Budapest to Ljubljana
- Day 7: Ljubljana to Venice
- Day 8: Venice to Rome
- Day 9: Depart Rome
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 24, 2016
Are you able to leave the tour a few days before it ends? If so, does the price remain the same?
You can leave the tour whenever you would like to, however the price will remain the same.
- June 1, 2016
Can I leave the tour a few days earlier?
Sure, you can leave the tour whenever you like, but I am afraid it doesn't result in a reduction in the price of the tour.
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
The food fund covers the included meals listed in the what's included section. On these tours you will have food prepared by on-site chefs or your onboard cook. Some meals may also be at local restaurants.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joan13th January 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Vienna9 DaysSundayMay 20, 2018to Rome0 seats left$54USD $1,305+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Vienna9 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to Rome9 seats left$56USD $1,339+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Vienna9 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Rome0 seats left$56USD $1,339+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Vienna9 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Rome8 seats left$56USD $1,339+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Vienna9 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Rome9 seats left$56USD $1,339+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Vienna9 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$59USD $1,410+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Vienna9 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Rome0 seats left$59USD $1,410+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Vienna9 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$59USD $1,410+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- WednesdayJun 27, 2018from Vienna9 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$59USD $1,410+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Vienna9 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Rome8 seats left$59USD $1,410+ $180 Food Fund Eastern Trail
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroAustria , Slovenia and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Poland, Hungary and Slovenia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Poland, Hungary and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Poland, Hungary and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 June 2018 the full payment of $1,339 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1339 for Eastern Trail, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Vienna (Austria)
- 332 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 293 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 381 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 183 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,339 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,745 tours in Europe
- covered by 202 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Trail