10 days / $289 per day
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
- Explore the exotic Amazon jungle
- Hike the Inca Trail
- Hot springs of Aguas Calientes
- Lunch with locals in Ollantaytambo
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Camping, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle, Plane
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Hiking & Trekking, Historical
Start in Lima and end in Cuzco! With the in-depth cultural tour Inca Encounter, you have a 10 day tour package taking you from Lima to Cuzco and through Lima, Peru and 5 other destinations in Peru. Inca Encounter is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- LisaWritten on February 27, 20135.0 - ExcellentAmazing experience and worth every dollar. Knowledgeable guides, safe transportation and authentic experiences all combined to make this trip unforgettable!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 23, 20115.0 - ExcellentThe best trip! Can\'t be improved in any way!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 21, 20105.0 - ExcellentThis was one amazing trip
- AAnonymousWritten on December 9, 20105.0 - ExcellentThis was a great trip and a great introduction to Peru. You cover a lot of ground in a short period of time, seeing city, jungle, and mountains in 9 days. Intrepid has themselves a top notch group leader in Ale.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 22, 20105.0 - ExcellentThe trip was great. Accommodation was very good, the places we visited and stayed in were excellent.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 2, 20104.0 - GoodOverall a great trip. The staff in the Lima office helped us with some medical problems wich allowed us to complet most of the trip. Otherwise it would of been a complet lost.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 30, 20104.0 - GoodWonderful trip overall. There were 8 of us on the trip which was a good number. It was fast paced but possible. Great variety in places and more strenuous than I had predicted.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 12, 20104.0 - GoodGood trip - great tour leader
- AAnonymousWritten on July 12, 20104.0 - GoodThis was our 8th Intrepid trip & the standard was as expected (i.e. good). It was incident free (for us anyway) and well organized. We enjoyed the variety of aspects to the trip, particularly given our limited time.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 3, 20105.0 - ExcellentThis trip was great! Our guide Patricia was excellent. She was very knowledgeable about the sites and very informative about her home country. I didn\'t realize how much history was in Peru and how it\'s still evolving.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Lima
- Day 2: Amazon Jungle
- Day 3: Amazon Jungle
- Day 4: Cusco
- Day 5: Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo
- Day 6: Inca Trail / Inca Quarry Trail or Train option
- Day 7: Inca Trail / Inca QuarryTrail or Train option
- Day 8: Inca Trail / Inca QuarryTrail or Train option
- Day 9: Machu Picchu/Cusco
- Day 10: Cusco
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Discover Peru
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdaySep 4, 2018to CuzcoOnly 1 seat left$86USD $3,339
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdaySep 11, 2018to Cuzco5 seats left$412$3,360-12%USD $2,948
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayOct 2, 2018to Cuzco6 seats left$404$3,295-12%USD $2,891
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to CuzcoOnly 1 seat left$84USD $3,276
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayOct 23, 2018to Cuzco7 seats left$87USD $3,373
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Cuzco7 seats left$82USD $3,183
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Cuzco4 seats left$79USD $3,061
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Cuzco6 seats left$80USD $3,120
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to Cuzco10+ seats left$76USD $2,974
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Lima10 DaysTuesdayDec 25, 2018to Cuzco7 seats left$76USD $2,974
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Lima is the starting point and Cuzco is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 October 2018 the full payment of $2,891 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2891 for Inca Encounter, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 730 km.
- Lima (Peru)
- 578 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 21 km
- Ollantaytambo (Peru)
- 30 km
- Aguas Calientes (Peru)
- 8 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- 67 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,891 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,555 tours in Latin America
- covered by 123 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Inca Encounter
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Alternate Joining point
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Joining point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers