Iceland Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 1,908
- Visit the Harpa Concert Hall
- See the Selijalandsfoss waterfall
- Hike along impress glaciers
- Bathe in natural hot springs
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery
- Exodus Travels
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Reyjavik.
- Day 2: Drive along the south coast stopping at Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls and Reynisfjara volcanic beach.
- Day 3: Drive across Skeidararsandur floodplains to Skaftafell for stop and visit; on to Svinafellsjokull outlet glacier for easy glacier walk. Drive to Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon.
- Day 4: Drive along the south coast passing Eyjafjallajokull Volcano; visit Gullfoss Waterfall, spouts at Geysir and explore the rift valley at Thingvellir N.P.; on to Reykjavik.
- Day 5: End Reykjavik.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- BAbarbaraWritten on December 7, 20163.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
I enjoyed my trip.
- BABrianWritten on November 22, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The experience was fantastic. It was a great way to get acquainted with Iceland. Our guide Petur is an expert on the country, its history and all of the sites that you are seeing. He genuinely enjoyed sharing his country with our tour group. The... Read more
- KMKaren MatherWritten on April 26, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was probably one of the best holidays that i have been on and a great taster for seeing what Iceland has to offer.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Where do i begin? There were so many. Iceland is a fantastic place - stunning views of... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- BCBeverly CotterillWritten on April 9, 20135.0 - Excellent
A fairly intense itinerary that enables you to see stunning scenery and magnificent waterfalls and if you are lucky, some fantastic northern lights.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Seeing the immense and beautiful Skogarfoss waterfall.... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ALAyme LipscombeWritten on April 9, 20135.0 - Excellent
Wow, what can I say, it was brilliant!!! My first group holiday and I definately chose well. Glacier trekking was awesome, we were lucky to have fantastic weather on this day, we also saw the iceberg lagoon and yes, later that evening we saw the Northern... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ASAnthony SpinksWritten on April 9, 20135.0 - Excellent
Iceland is an amazing country with some very dramatic scenery. Although a short trip, we packed a lot into the time available. Seeing the Northern Lights (as we did) is undoubtedly a bonus - but even if you don't get an Aurora sighting, the trip is still... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- PBPeter BeasleyWritten on March 12, 20134.0 - Good
An excellent short trip to Iceland, made unforgettable by being fortunate enough to see the Northern Lights only a few hours after arrival. But sorry not to have had a few hours available to explore the heart of Reykjavik which looked both interesting and... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- DRDian ReedWritten on January 29, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was an amazing trip - Iceland proved to be a very interesting and beautiful country.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Walking on the glacier definitely, closely followed by the lava cave and seeing the Northern Lights.What did you... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- RSRachel SmithWritten on December 26, 20124.0 - Good
Overall a fabulous trip - expect alot of time travelling (hazard of the desire to go further afield than just the usual 'Golden Circle' combined with ever changing weather conditions), but then you get to see some incredibly beautiful sights.When you come... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- LWLinda WhiteheadWritten on November 23, 20125.0 - Excellent
One of the best ever short holidays! With every type of weather imaginable to contend with our guides Paul and Christian found us some of the best photographic opportunities on this wonderful island including the northern lights on two of the four nights.... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
Exodus Travels will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, however, a sighting cannot be guaranteed. That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences. You will have the opportunity to visit the mighty Skogafoss waterfall, the beautiful Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon, take on a glacier trek and explore stunning coastal Reykjavik.
What's the weather like in Iceland?
The country has a notoriously fickle climate, and on any day of the winter you may experience periods of sunshine alternating with short or long showers of snow, sleet or even rain.
- Exodus People - Kristjan's Story
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Rosemary7th September 2019
Iceland Northern Lights
- WednesdayDec 4, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayDec 8, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$394$2,245-15%USD $1,908Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayJan 22, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayJan 26, 2020to Reykjavik6 seats left$394$2,245-15%USD $1,908Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayFeb 12, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayFeb 16, 2020to Reykjavik6 seats left$394$2,245-15%USD $1,908Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayFeb 19, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayFeb 23, 2020to Reykjavik8 seats left$394$2,245-15%USD $1,908Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayMar 25, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayMar 29, 2020to Reykjavik8 seats left$394$2,245-15%USD $1,908Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayApr 8, 2020from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayApr 12, 2020to Reykjavik8 seats left$394$2,245-15%USD $1,908Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 1 February 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 1 February 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Exodus Travels. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Exodus Travels. Please familiarise yourself with the Exodus Travels payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 110 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 67 km
- Kirkjubaejarklaustur (Iceland)
- 61 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Jokulsarlon (Iceland)
- 234 km
- Selfoss (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,908 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,444 tours in Europe
- covered by 528 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland Northern Lights