Northern Lights Escape
- Our saving
- US $ 1,488
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +3 Destinations
- Iceland South Coast
- Rather Poor
- WBWilliamWritten on March 13, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time on the tour!! Einar was excellent with his knowledge and you can see the love he has for his country and his excitement to bring us everywhere he could. Our hotel rooms got upgraded every night. Only disappointment... Read more
- KBKimWritten on February 8, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was well organized and Carl was very knowledgeable and accommodating. The hotels were good and located in places where we could have a great chance of seeing the Northern lights .
- BSBeverleyWritten on February 3, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour. It was great having a fellow photographer as a guide. He stopped at great locations to allow us to get the best photos. Thanks Kristjen!
- PaigeWritten on January 30, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Got to see a lot in a short amount of time—beautiful scenery.
- NatalieWritten on January 7, 20195.0 - Excellent
Fantastic! Highly recommend!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Natalie, Thank you for your feedback, short and sweet... I like it... Really good to see you would highly recommend our Northern Lights Escape, I cant wait to hear your feedback from your next Intrepid trip :-) John
- JLJOSEWritten on December 27, 20185.0 - Excellent
Great Tour, Einaar made a great job. Lots of good advice to get the most of the trip. Awesome nature all around the country.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHey Jose, So good to read that you had a great tour... also great to read your comments on Einaar, thank you. :-)
- LALeanneWritten on December 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was my time using Tour Radar which led me to Intrepid Tours. I found TourRadar online site to be very informative and when I needed to ask any questions they were very accommodating, friendly and knowledgeable about all of my questions and concerns! I... Read more
- AZAndreinaWritten on December 18, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
In general it was good. I would prefer that there are vegan options at all the hotels
- TRTimWritten on December 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
our guide karl was the best ,the first night we went to dinner with him and he got to know us ,we laughed,we ate ,the night was good.the next morning when the tour started it just got better and better .every stop was as promised and more .karl told us... Read more
- SSimoneWritten on March 20, 20184.0 - Good
Missed the northern lights, but it didn’t matter. There was so much more to this trip. Waterfalls, guisers, glaciers, black sand beaches. Such amazing, dramatic landscape. To an Australian, it’s so different - like visiting another planet. In December it... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Simone, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Iceland. And thanks very much for your recommendations – we’ll definitely pass them along to the team. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
- Day 3: South Coast / Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Day 4: Vatnajokull Glacier / Vik
- Day 5: Reykjavik
- Day 6: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
As a naturally occurring phenomenon, the appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. So much is dependent on solar activity, we can accurately predict neither when they will occur nor how frequently. Every endeavour will be made on this trip to see the Northern Lights however this is not guaranteed.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences! You will have the opportunity to bathe in the geothermal Blue Lagoon, see the mighty Seljalandsfoss waterfall and take on a glacier hike.
Do you have any customised Iceland tours?
Unfortunately we do not have any customised trips available in this region. The trips available are set itineraries and group tours.
Is it possible to have an extra night accommodation?
We can arrange an extra night in a single room per person, per night with taxes included. Please contact us to arrange this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Im an energetic person who never stops, I am excited about our great nature and animals which we can..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Emma3rd March 2019
Northern Lights Escape
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- MondayMar 25, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$39USD $1,516
- TuesdayMar 26, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$39USD $1,516
- FridayMar 29, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysWednesdayApr 3, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$36USD $1,419
- TuesdayOct 29, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSundayNov 3, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$313$1,830-17%USD $1,517
- WednesdayOct 30, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysMondayNov 4, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$307$1,795-17%USD $1,488
- ThursdayOct 31, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayNov 5, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$307$1,795-17%USD $1,488
- FridayNov 1, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysWednesdayNov 6, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$317$1,850-17%USD $1,533
- SaturdayNov 2, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysThursdayNov 7, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$307$1,795-17%USD $1,488
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayNov 8, 2019to Reykjavik8 seats left$307$1,795-17%USD $1,488
- MondayNov 4, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayNov 9, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$307$1,795-17%USD $1,488
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 May 2019 the full payment of $1,488 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1488 for Northern Lights Escape, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 92 km
- Hvolsvollur (Iceland)
- 43 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 138 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,488 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,796 tours in Europe
- covered by 444 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights Escape
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers