Northern Lights Escape
- Our saving
- US $ 1,455
- Spend the night on a traditional Icelandic farm
- Spot the beautiful rainbow spray of Skógafoss Waterfall
- Admire the spectacular dancing green Northern Lights
- Visit the enchanting black sands of Jokulsarlon Lagoon
- Be spellbound by the beauty of the Strokkur geyser
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Adventure, Northern Lights, In-depth Cultural
- Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
- Day 3: South Coast / Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Day 4: Vatnajokull Glacier / Vik
- Day 5: Reykjavik
- Day 6: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- BBenjamin MWritten on September 18, 20193.7 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This was our first Intrepid tour, and I wasn't overly impressed.The quality of the guide can really 'make or break' the success of a trip like this, and unfortunately the quality of the guide might make me reluctant to recommend Intrepid or do try another... Read moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- CChristopher DWritten on September 18, 20193.8 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This type of touring is not for everyone. I would recommend intrepid for those wishing to experience a small group holiday.Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- KKarl PWritten on September 18, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour itself was good, but the tour guide was continually late for morning meetings, was late for the orientation meeting by 2 hours and did not provide sufficient background around history about sights we saw on the trip.Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- BBrynn DWritten on September 18, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Over all is was a excellent tripReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- WWill MWritten on September 18, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Was a good well rounded trip and we saw everything we wanted and moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- BBrett SWritten on September 18, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Larus was an amazing guide, so informative and the love he had for his job and country showed. He spoke many a times about Icelandic traditions, folk tales and general way of life of Icelandic people. Every place we went to we enjoyed and he knew more then... Read moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- JJessie LWritten on September 18, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Well organised, friendly guide, great spots to visit.Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- LLindy JWritten on September 18, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Larus was a very welcoming and informed guide. His knowledge of the geography, history and mythology of Iceland is exceptional. He was very inclusive and encouraging leader. We covered an enormous amount of territory both in Reykjavik and around Iceland and... Read moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- MMaggie MWritten on September 18, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Guide was knowledgeable and friendly. Accommodations and sites met expectation.Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- EEDWritten on June 11, 20191.5 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
If you're from the u. S., skip this company. They openly hate american's. And, they will abandon you in the middle of nowhere and kick you off the tour if you make any complaint about your accomodations or tour guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
As a naturally occurring phenomenon, the appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. So much is dependent on solar activity, we can accurately predict neither when they will occur nor how frequently. Every endeavour will be made on this trip to see the Northern Lights however this is not guaranteed.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences! You will have the opportunity to bathe in the geothermal Blue Lagoon, see the mighty Seljalandsfoss waterfall and take on a glacier hike.
Do you have any customised Iceland tours?
Unfortunately we do not have any customised trips available in this region. The trips available are set itineraries and group tours.
Is it possible to have an extra night accommodation?
We can arrange an extra night in a single room per person, per night with taxes included. Please contact us to arrange this.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Guides who have led this tour
- "Im an energetic person who never stops, I am excited about our great nature and animals which we can..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Donna24th August 2019
Northern Lights Escape
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
- January 2022
- February 2022
- March 2022
- SaturdayNov 23, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysThursdayNov 28, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats leftUSD $1,975Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayNov 25, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayNov 30, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats leftUSD $1,900Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayNov 26, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSundayDec 1, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,865
- WednesdayNov 27, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysMondayDec 2, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats leftUSD $1,920
- FridayNov 29, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysWednesdayDec 4, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,920
- MondayDec 2, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayDec 7, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,015
- ThursdayDec 5, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayDec 10, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$291$1,940-15%USD $1,649
- SaturdayDec 7, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysThursdayDec 12, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$194$1,940-10%USD $1,746
- TuesdayDec 10, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSundayDec 15, 2019to Reykjavik8 seats left$297$1,980-15%USD $1,683
- WednesdayDec 11, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysMondayDec 16, 2019to Reykjavik8 seats left$485$1,940-25%USD $1,455
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 18 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 18 January 2020, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 1 km
- Tingvellir (Iceland)
- 41 km
- Strokkur Geyser (Iceland)
- 9 km
- Gullfoss (Iceland)
- 0 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 64 km
- Hvolsvollur (Iceland)
- 43 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 27 km
- Reynisdrangar Cliffs (Iceland)
- 4 km
- Dyrholaey (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,455 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,470 tours in Europe
- covered by 529 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights Escape
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers