Northern Lights Escape
- Our saving
- US $ 1,129
- +3 Destinations
- Iceland South Coast
- Rather Poor
- TRTimWritten on December 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
our guide karl was the best ,the first night we went to dinner with him and he got to know us ,we laughed,we ate ,the night was good.the next morning when the tour started it just got better and better .every stop was as promised and more .karl told us... Read more
- SSimoneWritten on March 20, 20184.0 - Good
Missed the northern lights, but it didn’t matter. There was so much more to this trip. Waterfalls, guisers, glaciers, black sand beaches. Such amazing, dramatic landscape. To an Australian, it’s so different - like visiting another planet. In December it... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Simone, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Iceland. And thanks very much for your recommendations – we’ll definitely pass them along to the team. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- AAnonymousWritten on March 20, 20184.0 - Good
Iceland is so dramatic and beautiful. We were there for 7 nights and unfortunately didn’t see the Northern Lights. But it there was so much more to see on this trip. Waterfalls, guisers, glaciers and black sand beaches. The landscape is breathtaking. To an... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Iceland. It really is a spectacular country, isn’t it? Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- RGRoslynWritten on January 13, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Great guide, saw lots of wonderful sights which made up for missing the Northern Lights
- LWLuraWritten on March 27, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Our guide made our trip, period. His knowledge of the area and sense of humor were perfect. While passing through or stopping somewhere, he would tell us the Saga for that area so I wasn't just seeing it as it is today, I could imagine what it was like back... Read more
- JanisWritten on March 16, 20173.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I opted for the private transport from the airport for 90 USD. I was told I would be met in Arrivals and the maximum wait time was an hour after my plane landed. Seventy minutes after landing, I decided to see if I could find someone to help me call. As... Read more
- MBMichaelWritten on March 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a fantastic trip and saw all Iceland had to offer in terms of weather conditions in winter. Our guide, Havar, was tested on the first day as we were storm bound in Reykjavic until late afternoon. Nevertheless he rose to the occasion with an extended... Read more
- MariaWritten on February 25, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Great trip, all went to plan transport and accommodations had a great bunch of poeple to share my experience in Iceland.
- StephenWritten on March 2, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Iceland is a beautiful country in its own right. I saw and photographed multiple parts of it never ending landscape. It just seemed to keep going, whilst occasionally offering you glimpses of untamed Icelandic horses or Raindeer. Glaciers, vast icy regions... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Reykjavik / Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Area
- Day 3: South Coast / Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Day 4: Skaftafell National Park / Vik
- Day 5: Reykjavik
- Day 6: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
As a naturally occurring phenomenon, the appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. So much is dependent on solar activity, we can accurately predict neither when they will occur nor how frequently. Every endeavour will be made on this trip to see the Northern Lights however this is not guaranteed.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences! You will have the opportunity to bathe in the geothermal Blue Lagoon, see the mighty Seljalandsfoss waterfall and take on a glacier hike.
Do you have any customised Iceland tours?
Unfortunately we do not have any customised trips available in this region. The trips available are set itineraries and group tours.
Is it possible to have an extra night accommodation?
We can arrange an extra night in a single room per person, per night with taxes included. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Karina13th October 2018
Northern Lights Escape
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- MondayDec 17, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$64USD $1,526
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$62USD $1,498
- WednesdayDec 19, 2018from Reykjavik6 DaysMondayDec 24, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$62USD $1,498
- WednesdayJan 2, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysMondayJan 7, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$61USD $1,469
- ThursdayJan 3, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$61USD $1,469
- FridayJan 4, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysWednesdayJan 9, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$67USD $1,618
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysThursdayJan 10, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$67USD $1,618
- MondayJan 7, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSaturdayJan 12, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$67USD $1,618
- TuesdayJan 8, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat left$67USD $1,618
- WednesdayJan 9, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysMondayJan 14, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$67USD $1,618
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 February 2019 the full payment of $1,129 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1129 for Northern Lights Escape, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 92 km
- Hvolsvollur (Iceland)
- 43 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 138 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,129 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,765 tours in Europe
- covered by 310 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights Escape
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers