The Tropical South
- Tour Operator:
- Exodus Travels
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Kochi (Cochin)
- Walk through tea plantations
- Explore the jungle in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Enjoy a home cooked dinner with a local family
- Cruise the backwaters of Kerala
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Start Cochin.
- Day 2: Sightseeing around Cochin; optional sunset cruise at Fort Cochin and explore historic spice port.
- Day 3: To Munnar.
- Day 4: Day trek through tea plantations and the hills of Munnar.
- Day 5: To Madurai.
- Day 6: Visit colourful Sri Meenakshi Temple; optional cycle rickshaw ride through town.
- Day 7: To Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, home to wild elephant and many other animals and birds. Dinner and cooking demonstration in a local family home.
- Day 8: Explore Periyar; morning jungle walk followed by an optional boat trip on the lake.
- Day 9: To Erattupetta Planters Homestay.
- Day 10: To Kumarakom; village walk
- Day 11: Board houseboat for backwater cruise.
- Day 12: Leave houseboat and drive to Kovalam.
- Day 13: Free time for relaxing on the beach or optional trip to Kanyakumari
- Day 14: End Kovalam.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- CCCasandra· February 20th, 2019I enjoyed many aspects of the tour - the accommodation was better than I expected, the itinerary was good and at a nice pace, the transport provided was very good and Santo was a very competent leader. The main negative for me was the age of the group.... Show moreTrip date: January 2019
- AAlan McBurnie· November 5th, 2013A fantastic introduction to India and Exodus. Having been recommended to travel with Exodus by a friend, I chose the "Tropical South" - a two week tour of the most southern States in India: Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It was the best holiday decision I have... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ATiena Eccles· October 22nd, 2013A remarkable trip. So much to see and do.After each day my head was buzzing from all the experiences I had encountered. There was also many contrasts of landscape, from the coast at Fort Kochi, the mountains of Munnar to the plains of Madurai. What was... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AVanessa Webster· October 21st, 2013A wonderful colourful crazy frenzy of a trip. A good introduction to India if you've never been.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The highlights were the giant Hindu temple at Madurai, especially the elephant blessing! the magnificent... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ASonya Timms· September 7th, 2013A great trip exploring the culture, landscapes, wildlife and food of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There are so many, it's difficult to pick one! The highlights were the experience we weren't expecting and... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AHelen Mf Jones· September 6th, 2013This was a wonderful trip. The tour included a wide range of experiences and the group really jelled well. Our leader Charls wanted us to love Kerala and Tamil Nadu and added all sorts of little touches to the advertised programme. Who'd have thought... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ADyson England· March 30th, 2013A beautiful area, colourful, fascinating, noisy yet with times of peace and tranquility.Review collected by Exodus Travels
- AJane Stafford· March 16th, 2013Kerala was everything I had hoped it would be. The trip was very well organised and our hotels and transport were all very goodWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I persoanally loved out bus trip from Cochin to Munnar, to the Tea... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ALucy Hockenhull· January 14th, 2013Fabulous, relaxing trip in beautiful, tropical southern India.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Enjoyed the contrasting experiences of floating around the backwaters in theÂ houseboat and then manic Madurai and the beautiful Sri... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ALaura Buckenham· January 10th, 2013This trip takes you to cities, beaches, wildlife reserves - all in two weeks. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?For me, the best bits weren't on the itinerary; they were the incidental adventures that inevitably happen when you leave... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday23 Oct, 2022EnglishSaturday5 Nov, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,1790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday20 Nov, 2022EnglishSaturday3 Dec, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,1790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday22 Jan, 2023EnglishSaturday4 Feb, 2023Multiple Room Types$2,1790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday19 Feb, 2023EnglishSaturday4 Mar, 2023Multiple Room Types$2,1790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday26 Mar, 2023EnglishSaturday8 Apr, 2023Multiple Room Types$2,1790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday2 Apr, 2023EnglishSaturday15 Apr, 2023Multiple Room Types$2,1790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday22 Oct, 2023EnglishSaturday4 Nov, 2023Multiple Room Types$2,2490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday19 Nov, 2023EnglishSaturday2 Dec, 2023Multiple Room Types$2,2490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday24 Dec, 2023EnglishSaturday6 Jan, 2024Multiple Room Types$2,3790% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- How hard is this tour?
- Do you arrange flights?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- People also viewed
Keep Exploring India
- India Travel Guide
- 10 Best Trekking Companies & Operators in India (with 5,325 Reviews)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour & Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2022/2023
- India from Kochi (Cochin)
- India Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 14 days India
- From Kochi (Cochin) to Kovalam
- Operators in Asia
- Active Adventure tours
- Southern India tours
- India tours
- Asia tours
- Southern India
- India tours