- Tour Operator:
- Encounters Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 8 to 95
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Arrive in Paro
- Day 2: Paro to Punakha Valley
- Day 3: Punakha Dzong drive to Gangtey
- Day 4: Phobjikha Valley walk, Gangtey
- Day 5: Drive to Thimphu via Wangdue Phodrang
- Day 6: Thimphu tours
- Day 7: Taktshang (Tiger’s Nest) walk
- Day 8: Paro, departure airport transfer
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Reviews About This Operator
- Karen· March 12th, 2023Wonderful tour with emphasis on historical & environment sights. Our guide, Tony & driver, Mitri were professional,... Show more
- Ross· February 10th, 2023Great tour, but a lot of driving to see the amazing sites in Jordan. Hotel staff were nice but one hotel did not... Show more
- Gabrielle· January 26th, 2023Jordan was my 63rd Country and I can honestly say it was my biggest surprise. Our guide, Amer was exceptional. He... Show more
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Saturday1 Apr, 2023Saturday8 Apr, 2023English$3,715
- Monday24 Apr, 2023Monday1 May, 2023English$3,715
- Monday15 May, 2023Monday22 May, 2023English$3,715
- Monday5 Jun, 2023Monday12 Jun, 2023English$3,345
- Monday26 Jun, 2023Monday3 Jul, 2023English$3,3450% Interest Instalments
- Monday17 Jul, 2023Monday24 Jul, 2023English$3,3450% Interest Instalments
- Thursday10 Aug, 2023Thursday17 Aug, 2023English$3,3450% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday21 Sep, 2023Thursday28 Sep, 2023English$3,7150% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday9 Oct, 2023Monday16 Oct, 2023English$3,7150% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday6 Nov, 2023Monday13 Nov, 2023English$3,7150% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
- What is the typical group size?
This tour will go ahead with a minimum group size of just 1 and a maximum of 18. The average group size tends to be around 6.
- Is this a guaranteed tour?
Yes, this is a guaranteed tour and will not be cancelled.
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, D, M, G. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, D, M. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, G.
- Type CBhutan
- Type EBhutan
- Type FBhutan
- Type DBhutan
- Type MBhutan
- Type GBhutan
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Bhutan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Bhutan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Bhutan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Bhutan. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Bhutan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Bhutan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Bhutan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Bhutan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 23rd, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 23rd, 2023, a minimum payment of $250 is required to confirm your booking with Encounters Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Encounters Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Encounters Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Encounters Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Bhutan
- Nepalese Himalayas - Best Mountains to Climb
- How to Go to Himalayas (from Nepal & India)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour and Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2023/2024
- Bhutan from Paro
- Bhutan Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 8 days Bhutan
- Operators in Asia
- Western Bhutan
- Bhutan Encounters Tours in Bhutan
- Active Adventure Tours
- Himalaya Mountains Tours
- Bhutan Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Family Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Himalaya Mountains
- Western Bhutan
- Bhutan tours