Spirit of Europe 2018 (Krakow)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,849
- Get excited to explore Florence, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Picnic on a prominent spot next to the famed Eiffel Tower
- See the Schonbrunn in Vienna and visit the ancient Rome
- Absorb the atmosphere of the glamorous French Riviera
- Tour the Eastern European cities and savour local cuisine
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Bungalow
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- AbrahamWritten on October 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentSpirit of Europe tour really hit the mark in all of my expectations. The length of the tour, the cities in each country we visited and the freedom as well as optionals on offer were superb. Would I recommend this tour to someone? Most definitely and I have already! From picnicing under the Eiffel Tower, to the snowy top of Europe, the architecturally stunning city of Rome, the cobble stoned roads of Berlin and the beautifully unique river city that is Amsterdam. There was always something fun to do and something unique to explore in each place. Suffice to say the places we visited were nothing short of spectacular not to mention the fun of hostel living (especially Krakow, Poland #GoodByeLenin) which were situated in prime locations with a handy bar downstairs to start the night. What really made the tour so amazing for many of us in our Top Deck family was our tour guide/big sister Morgs. To a tee she's exactly what you want in a tour guide. Blending seamlessly into the group on nights out making sure everyone was having fun, fantastic suggestions for things to do in your free time, to leading a tour of 40+ people through beautiful "maze" cities like Venice and Rome she was on point in every aspect. Her vast knowledge of Europe was to be honest surprising (considering the number of places we visited!) Both approachable and easy to talk to, you can guarantee if you ask her for suggestions on places to visit for food or drink and sights to see she'll know where to point you! If you’re on the border of whether to book this tour, I can tell you as someone who was in the same position. It is honestly a great experience and to be fair running through famous city streets of Europe is a hell of a lot of fun with 40 other Top Deckers, the people you meet will be part of what makes your tour so special as you form friendships with everyone on your little tour bus. Without a doubt by the end you’ll be cherishing every minute of that final bus ride back to the start of the tour (if you’re not half asleep from Amsterdam…) All up I would highly recommend Spirit of Europe tour and if you luck out and get our half German Adelaidian Morgs you're in for a wicked time! (Anyway here are my socials - Instagram: abrahamtibble, Twitter: archduketibble, Snapchat: abraham_tibble)Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 21, 20184.0 - GoodThe trip was amazing but i felt like our tour guide did more partying than she should have......Show detailed ratings
- SophieWritten on June 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentMillie was an incredible tour guide! She provided excellent banter, some quality anecdotes and some seriously envious knowledge of history and art and the culture throughout Europe. She was a top gal and knew when to step up as a guide to make sure everyone was safe and enjoying themselves without being too overbearing. The tour was excellent and I enjoyed every single minute I spent on it.Show detailed ratings
- NNataliechurcherWritten on June 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentYour guide was great at keeping secret about her 1st tour (would never have known until she informed me at the end). Tried to accomodate all travellers and was very helpful when lost. She was as much fun when she could be and serious at times when needed. Felt very safe nd in good hands with herShow detailed ratings
- VBVictoriaWritten on May 31, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour guide and the memories I've madeShow detailed ratings
- CharlotteWritten on May 31, 20185.0 - ExcellentI did the Spirit of Europe trip with my partner this summer and it did not disappoint! Tia was a knowledgeable and sensible trip leader but wasn’t afraid to join us on nights out. Her pub/bar choices (which we could choose to go on or not) were good and the info she provided on each city enabled us to plan our days out so we could see as much as possible. When she wasn’t telling us all about places or checking us in, she would be like another tour member and this made it really easy to chat with her about anything. Our driver, Atilla was awesome. He’s a straight up guy but has a great sense of humour. When he was able to come out for a few drinks on some of the nights he was great to chat to. He was a good driver and got us places as quickly and safely as possible which is appreciated, especially on long drive days. We also had another driver who was completing his training, Marian. He was awesome, another really safe driver and he was also really easy to get along with during the trip. The Spirit of Europe tour is 24 days and to be honest I don’t think I could go much longer than that. It’s fast paced (drive day, see the city day, drive day to next city) so you have to be pretty motivated to get up in the morning and start sightseeing early if you want to see as much as you can in each city. Tia wrote the key sights/activities/food to try in each city on a “What’s on” sheet that was passed around the coach, so you can plan your day from there. By the time we reached our final city, Amsterdam, most people were pretty tired (and kinda over all the drinking) so it was nice to have a couple of chill nights to end the trip. Highlights from the trip in terms of optionals were the Medieval Dinner in Prague (organised by Tia), Vatican tour, Paris cabaret show (they give you a lot a wine, it’d be hard not to have a good time), Auschwitz visit, dinner cruise in Budapest, walking tour of Berlin, Monaco visit, alternative walking tour in Berlin/pub crawl, and the Paris dinner under the Eiffel Tower. The meals (breakfast and dinner) served at the Topdeck site tents were actually some of the better meals of the trip. I was really impressed with the included dinners bar one in Rome (think there was a miscommunication somewhere though) which was like eating at a kids birthday party, lol. Hostel breakfasts in Europe are basic, generally a few cereals, bread or a roll, ham and cheese, juices and coffee. They got a bit hard to stomach towards the end of the trip as we’d been eating them for the last month, but we always ate them as it was included in the tour price and was fine to set you up for the day. Topdeck breakfasts were much better and we really enjoyed those. The camp sights we stayed in when we were in Italy were great. The accomodation was cabins with an ensuite and my partner and I were able to have a room to ourselves (which is not typical on a hostel trip - we maybe had 8 nights in mixed-sex rooms where we were able to stay in the same room in single bum beds, and 5 nights in a room to ourselves). If you’re travelling with a partner and want alone time/a private room for the whole trip, don’t book a hostel trip. We are easy going so it didn’t bother us, and it helped us get to know other people on the trip. Most of the hostels are really good, with decent room facilities and good restaurants/bars. Some are a bit more basic but the longest you’re ever in a city is two nights and you’re out most of the day anyway. Some other activities my partner and I would suggest doing (that weren’t optionals) were dinner/lunch at the TV Tower in Berlin (awesome view of the city), Heineken Experience in Amsterdam, buying a couple of cheap bottles of wine under the Eiffel Tower (don’t pay more than €3/4) and watching it twinkle at midnight, hiring bikes in Vienna and biking through Prater Park and around the city (super cheap), and going into the waterfall caves in Switzerland. Some of the negatives included long coach days (some of these were 9-11 hours long, taking up the whole day), but this is to be expected when travelling around Europe. Unsure why some people complained about long drive days... like did you not know that Europe is a big place? Despite thinking you won’t get sick, eventually I think 95% of the coach had some sort of cough/cold at some point.. but everyone just went to the pharmacy and stocked up on remedies and soldiered on. We had a big group (44 minimum) throughout the trip which means you’ll make a few friends but there will also be some people you don’t get along with so much. We had a very mixed group (a few people that wanted to drink and go hard every night, a few that didn’t drink at all, and a lot that wanted a bit of a balance). I’m sure if you weren’t into drinking you’d still have a great time on the trip but there are definitely some nights (two parties in Italy, ruin bars in Budapest, pub crawls in Kraków and Berlin) which you might not enjoy if you can’t get amongst the rowdy crowd. If that’s the case you can always do something else, but a lot of team bonding happens when drunk so you may feel like you were missing out! I think it is important to come on this trip with an open mind and a lot of patience. Sometimes we were stuck in traffic, sometimes it was pouring with rain on a walking tour, sometimes you were rooming with someone you wish you weren’t or that snores all night and keeps you awake. But there’s no point in complaining, you’re in Europe and you can sleep it off in your bed later. Tia and Atilla helped us keep positive in these situations! It’s a group tour in hostel accomodation so you just have to be accepting of all types of people and have a positive attitude! All in all, the trip was awesome. I’d recommend it to anyone wanting to see the best of Europe at a fast pace. I’d recommend budgeting at least €90 for each day of the trip for additional meals, activities, optionals, souvenirs, and drinks, but you could get away with like €30-40 a day if you weren’t doing many activities or not drinking. Thank you to Tia, Atilla and Marian for a fab 24 days and I wish them all the best for their next trip and the lucky people who get to go along with themShow detailed ratings
- AAmySinghWritten on May 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was an all round wonderful experience - from Millie's wonderful, cheerful and organised way with us (and her colourful tour notes each day were much appreciated), Zsolt our happy and resourceful driver, the fab people we met along the way, and of course the huge array of things we saw and did! It was a great way of sampling lots of different countries, history, cultures and foods - and tapping into Millie's knowledge of the local history was the cherry on the cake, I learned so much more than in school! Oh and the weather was delightful for us. Unforgettable trip!Show detailed ratings
- KKatrinaRothwellWritten on May 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe itineraries were clear and allowed flexibility for us to take time away as well. The food provided was excellent! I was expecting average sandwiches every day but instead every day different types of food and meals were served with good options. There was fruit and salad available. I also have some dietary requirements as did several others and we were catered for very well without exception. Our tour guide Millie was very informative and engaging. She was very knowledgeable about the places we visited and always took the time to do some research and get back to us if we had a question that she didn't have the answer to straight away. She participated with the group easily and helped to explain our itineraries and options every day. A great trip! I would highly recommend Topdeck, the Spirit of Europe tour and Millie for future tours!Show detailed ratings
- BibinWritten on May 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentBoth my husband and I enjoyed the European trip.. It was made more so because we had Millie!!! We think that she is a vibrant, amazing and experienced tour leader. Millie was also very responsible, making sure that we were safe while having fun. She had all the info about the places we went to and gave us explanations and history of that area beforehand and during the visit as well. Millie also had time for everyone of us and included us all in activities , making it more memorable. Im sure that she is a valuable asset to Topdeck. If we ever go to Europe with a tour group, we would want to do it with her.. She is Amazing!!!Show detailed ratings
- VVictoriaWritten on May 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentI loved the fun environment that Millie created on the tourShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 4: Swiss Alps
- Day 5: Swiss Alps to French Riviera, France
- Day 6: French Riviera including Monaco visit
- Day 7: French Riviera to Florence, Italy
- Day 8: Florence to Rome
- Day 9: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 10: Rome to Venice
- Day 11: Venice
- Day 12: Venice to Vienna, Austria
- Day 13: Vienna
- Day 14: Vienna to Budapest, Hungary via Bratislava, Slovakia
- Day 15: Budapest
- Day 16: Budapest to Krakow, Poland
- Day 17: Krakow
- Day 18: Krakow to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 19: Prague
- Day 20: Prague to Berlin, Germany
- Day 21: Berlin
- Day 22: Berlin to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 23: Amsterdam
- Day 24: Amsterdam to London, England
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
Hotel lists for this trip are not confirmed until your final trip documents are released, which will be 2 to 3 weeks prior to departure. This trip is hosted by Hostel Plus, who are known for their eclectic and fun accommodation styles! During the tour, you will be spending 17 nights in hostel accommodation and 6 nights in bungalows at European campsites.
When and where does the tour end?
Your coach will arrive back in London between 6.30pm and 8.30pm. The drop-off point will usually be the Wombats hostel, however please check your itinerary carefully for the exact details. Please be aware that our return time is dependant upon external factors.
When and where does the tour start?
The tour commences at 6 am in London, on the morning of your first day. You will depart from the following hostel only if your trip code ends with a -7:
Wombats City Hostel
7 Dock Street
London, E1 8JN
The closest London Underground stop is Tower Hill on the District and Circle lines. You can find directions on the Wombats website. If your trip code ends with a -8 you will depart from the following location:
37 Tavistock Place,
We recommend arriving with plenty of time to spare to ensure that everything is in order for your adventure! Due to the early morning start some passengers prefer to book pre-departure accommodation at the meeting point. We would be happy to assist with these arrangements.
Guides who have led this tour
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist..."
- "I am originally from London, UK and have had the pleasure of travelling for the last 5 years. I have..."
- "I am half Australian and half Swiss (grew up in Aus). I have been living in Europe for over five years..."
- "Hi I am a trip leader at Topdeck. I decided to get into trip leading due to the perfect mix of travel..."
- "Hello! I'm Stien, from Belgium. After leading groups around African and Asian countries for Belgian tour..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ivy30th July 2018
Spirit of Europe 2018 (Krakow)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- TuesdayApr 9, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayMay 2, 2019to London10+ seats left$149USD $2,989
- TuesdayApr 16, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayMay 9, 2019to London10+ seats left$149USD $2,989
- TuesdayApr 23, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to London10+ seats left$149USD $2,989
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to London10+ seats left$149USD $2,989
- TuesdayMay 14, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayJun 6, 2019to London10+ seats left$162USD $3,239
- TuesdayMay 21, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayJun 13, 2019to London10+ seats left$162USD $3,239
- TuesdayMay 28, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayJun 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$162USD $3,239
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayJun 27, 2019to London10+ seats left$162USD $3,239
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from London24 DaysThursdayJul 4, 2019to London10+ seats left$162USD $3,239
- ThursdayJun 13, 2019from London24 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to London10+ seats left$162USD $3,239
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Monaco , Italy , Austria , Slovakia , Germany , Netherlands and Belgium
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Spirit of Europe 2018 (Krakow).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 2 December 2018 the full payment of $2,849 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2849 for Spirit of Europe 2018 (Krakow), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 235 km
- Paris (France)
- 486 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 321 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 240 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 394 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,849 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,374 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 117 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spirit of Europe 2018 (Krakow)