Egypt Nile Adventure - 9 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 605
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- TTheWandererWritten on June 20, 20183.5 - GoodThe sites that were taken in were INCREDIBLE! There was very LITTLE down time, so if you are looking for a slow relaxing holiday, this is not the one to choose. If you are however full of energy and are ok surviving on limited sleep to take it all in, then absolutely this trip is for you. Few pointers that are important! - Make sure to exchange your money to the local Egyptian Pound, it is MUCH MUCH easier to use. - With the money, ensure you have a LOT of smaller amounts such as 5 Egyptian pounds, as that is what you have to pay to use every single public toilet. - If you want to book additional tours then make sure you have that money in CASH (USD, EURO or EGYPTIAN POUNDS). The price list you see for the temples, that is basically mandatory so have that money also available in cash. - Time between breakfast and lunch is LONG so make sure you pack and or buy enough food to sustain you for those long periods! Trust me on this one. The bus always sells water, so don't worry about pre stocking that at the hotels pre bus departure. - A kind tip to leave to the tour guides is an average of 50 Egyptian Pounds cash per day. This of course will vary based on your experience. They have Uber in Egypt and so if you wanted to go out independently then its a great app to use and safe! Overall this is a fantastic trip and I had a blast. OH, SIGN UP FOR THE HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE.... JUST DO IT!Show detailed ratings
- GrahamWritten on March 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentGreat time. Really busy and early mornings but 100% worth it!! You get to see a lot in little time. Feels like you're there for 2 weeks (in a good way). Take advantage of the hot air balloon. Amazing!!!!Show detailed ratings
- IMIAKOVINAWritten on February 25, 20184.0 - GoodThe trip is 100% worth it.. Egypt is an incredible place with thousands of years of history which you try to cover in 9 days.. the result is full of memories and impressions. However, as it is expected it is a quite full schedule. Nevertheless our tour guide Peter was excellent and made our trip unforgettable with his pleasant attitude, knowledge about history, flexibility and ability to adapt to all situations.. we never had any concern about the arrangements since Peter has a competent answer for everything.. Also we really appreciate that he always tried to give to all of us enough free time to explore the monuments also by ourselves. we hilgly recommend this tour..Show detailed ratings
- PPaulaWritten on January 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentWhat an absolutely excellent trip! Medhat was such a great, knowledgeable and chilled tour guide who really made the 9 days fly by. The night on the felucca on the Nile (although cold!) was one of the highlights. Would definitely recommend!!Show detailed ratings
- LGlauraWritten on May 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentTrip was amazing! Beyond expectations. Our tour guide sem sem was incredible. We learned so much and had so much fun along the whole way. The trip was so well planned out. The order of things we saw was done very wellShow detailed ratings
- MHMerataWritten on May 6, 20174.0 - GoodReally great value for money as we booked through travel talk (2 for 1). Saw so many things and everything ran smoothly, plus our tour guide Sem Sem was fantastic! Highly recoomendShow detailed ratings
- NhlanhlaWritten on May 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip was more than I expected! Had fun, met new friends & Felt safe at all times. I recommend this to everyoneShow detailed ratings
- ESEvadneWritten on January 20, 20172.0 - Rather poorPeter was excellent and a great tour guide. However, the tour was a lot more strenuous than I had been led to believe. My mother was not able to participate in hardly any of the tours. There were a lot of early mornings with packed breakfasts and the food included in the tour was horrible! It is worth it to pay extra and get food elsewhere. All that was included were buffets with poor quality food and myself, my mother, and daughter wound up getting extremely sick from food poisoning. The hotels were also sub-par. They are claimed to be 4 stars but in the U.S. they would only be rated maybe one star. The Oasis was run down and dated, and the Nile river cruise ship used was small and a little dated as well with little amenities. I thought that the grand seas resort in Hurgada would have more promise, but the hotel was terrible with rude staff and again awful food. I would have booked completely different hotels had I planned this trip myself. We had to harrass the staff to let us stay at a better hotel on our return to Cairo instead of going back to the Oasis and this transaction resulted in "Ramy" pocketing almost $120 from me. Come to find out he was able to get a really cheap discount for the hotel and he charged me full price and kept my cash. I chalked this up to business..However, at the end of the trip he claimed that my mother owed him $250 and he harassed us in our hotel lobby and even proceeded with us to the airport which almost caused us to miss our flight.Show detailed ratings
- TashaWritten on October 31, 20154.0 - GoodExcellent guide and knowledgeable in all areas making the tour both safe and fun at all times. Fantastic experience of both culture and tourist attractions. Night on the Felucca is a must do! A trip I will never forget and one of the best yet!Show detailed ratings
- EmmaWritten on October 31, 20154.0 - GoodGuide was very knowledgeable and informative at all the places we visited. He was organised and punctual and we had enough time to relax as well. Transport was punctual and drivers were mostly good although seat belts would make me feel safer. Food was good however it would be better if more meals were included. Overall it was an amazing experience!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
- Day 2: Giza Pyramids - Sphinx - Sakkara
- Day 3: Cairo - Philae Temple - Aswan
- Day 4: Nile felucca cruise
- Day 5: Kom-Ombo - Edfu - Karnak - Luxor
- Day 6: Valley of the Kings - Hatshepsut - Hurghada
- Day 7: Hurghada - Free day
- Day 8: Hurghada - Cairo
- Day 9: Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes after breakfast at Oasis Hotel in Cairo, with transfers included to take you to the airport for your flight home. Check-out is at 10 am, but there are no tour activities scheduled on the last day of the tour, so you are able to depart at any time. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day, and an included airport transfer will take you to your hotel when you touch down in Cairo. The tour generally starts from Oasis Hotel, however, please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released. Check-in starts at 2 pm and if your flight arrives early enough you will have some free time to explore the Egyptian capital or relax by the hotel swimming pool.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are included in this tour, which means that you will both be picked up and dropped off at Cairo airport.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi everyone, I'm Botrous aka Peter as my friends like to call me. Born and raised near Luxor where I..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
Egypt Nile Adventure - 9 Days
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$455$1,060-43%USD $605
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$455$1,060-43%USD $605
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$455$1,060-43%USD $605
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$455$1,060-43%USD $605
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$440$1,060-42%USD $620
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$440$1,060-42%USD $620
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$440$1,060-42%USD $620
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$365$1,060-34%USD $695
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,060Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$440$1,060-42%USD $620
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 September 2018 the full payment of $605 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $605 for Egypt Nile Adventure - 9 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 138 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $605 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,202 tours in Africa
- covered by 120 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Nile Adventure - 9 Days