Jewel of the Nile - 10 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,781
- +4 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Explore the Giza plateau, pyramids and massive Sphinx
- Visit to the Valley of the Kings
- Relax and enjoy Nile cruising
- Take a boat trip to Agilkia Island for Philae Temple
- Admire antiquities at the Egyptian Museum
- Age range
- 28 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- JohnWritten on May 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Jewel of the Nile Tour was everything and more than how I imagined it to be. There was never a moment when I felt unsure as to what was to happen next. The tour arrangements ran like clockwork. Overall our accommodation was top draw, especially the MS Farah, Nile cruise boat. The train however was somewhat of a dissapointment, and desperately needs to be up graded, but that of course is out of your control. Sal, our excellent tour guide, was a gold mine of information; as, not only did we learn about Ancient Egypt, but also how things are in Egypt of today. There was never a moment when our group felt unsafe, all of us impressed by the security at the hotels and archeological sites. As a single traveller, my needs were met at every step of the way, therefore I would highly recommend this tour, as being exceedingly good value for money. Thank you On the go Tours for giving me an adventure of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
- JohnWritten on April 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentYour Jewel of the Nile tour was an adventure from beginning to end. Sal you guide was a fount of knowledge; regarding all things Egyptian amcient and modern; I certainly have come away with an even deeper understanding of the lives of the Egyptians and their gods and beliefs. The tour was certainly value for money; five star accommodation, comfortable tour buses, smooth running itinary; nothing was left to chance. I will definitely be subscribing to On the Go tours again in the future. Thanks for making these last ten days one of the most memorable of vacations.Show detailed ratings
- RBRobinWritten on October 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe embarked on the 20th to the 29th October 2017 "Jewel of the Nile Tour". I can honestly say that this was the best trip that my wife and I have ever undertaken and the best investment we have made in ourselves. "On the go" were fantastic and the organisation of everything from collecting us from the airport to returning us at the end of the trip, was flawless. The group conisted of Citizens of the US, Canada, UK, Australia and South Africa. Probably the "Jewel" of the tour was our Tour Guide, Helal. Not only was he a fantastic guide but extremely helpful, a good communicator and a person of wonderful integrity. He literally "made" the tour the experience it was. I cannot express our gratitude adequately. "On the Go" and Helal. You earn top marks with a distinction in our book!Show detailed ratings
- APAparnaWritten on May 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis has been an exceptional trip made possible by members of our group,Yasser and Amir. The whole trip was organised very efficiently and attention to small details was exemplary. Co-ordination amongst all the members of the On the Go tour was very good indeed. All of them tried to make our tour as interesting and comfortable as possible. The itinerary was great with Yasser taking us along the journey through Ancient Egyptian history. We made new friends who came from Australia,Canada and the UK. It was an extraordinary experience that all of us had.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to comment on your recent tour in Egypt. We are thrilled to hear that you had an exceptional time and you have been left with friends from across the globe. We look forward to welcoming you onto another tour with On The Go Tours in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours team
- LKLenoreWritten on December 31, 20155.0 - ExcellentI have now done 4 On the Go Tours, with family and friends and everytime has been amazing. Now they have Iceland and Alaska as new destinations I need to sort planning my next trip. They have been perfect smaller groups, great guides who know their stuff and the ages on the groups vary to make it so interesting. All the destinations I have done have been left of centre and I love the culture, history and adventuring in a new city which has always been the best parts of my On the Go Tours.Show detailed ratings
- CarolWritten on October 14, 20115.0 - ExcellentOur trip was amazing. The tour co. was fantastic as was the tour guide. Salib, was full of information,& very interesting. He gave invaluable advice re purchases we wished to make & also general advice re the Egyptian people themselves. The only negative was the sleeper train. We would rather have spent a little more to fly as the train trip was appalling! All the other accommodation was first class but this was definitely very low class! The Egyptians seemed to be lovely people & very welcoming, except for all the "hustlers." Maybe once the elections have been held, there will be more regulation of this. I would definitely recommend this tour to everyone. In fact I gave a brochure to someone at Cairo Airport, who had had a tour with Trafalgar Tours, cancelled. She was pretty unhappy as a result. We would look at doing another tour in the future with "on the go".Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 25, 2009Highly recommend this tour! Super Mo was an excellent guide, so knowledgable and passionate about his culture and history. We were kept well informed at all times on each day's activities and enjoyed every single day, except the train, I must say I would rather have skipped the overnight sleeper experience. Beware this tour really is 'on the go' so much to do it wears you out but it is so worth it. The On the Go crew were very organised, we felt very well cared for and safe. We were in a small group - only 6 of us... it was perfect. The Pyramids were awesome - a dream come true! We did the add on Abu Simbel...breathtakng.. it was worth getting up at 3am to be there for the sunrise. Only down side..make sure you have good gastro tablets, we got sick from the food on the Nile Cruiser. Would I go again? You bet..would go tomorrow with 'On the Go'.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Egyptian Museum
- Day 3: Pyramids of Giza
- Day 4: Valley of the Kings
- Day 5: Luxor & Nile Cruising
- Day 6: Cruising & Kom Ombo
- Day 7: The Philae Temple
- Day 8: Optional excursion to Abu Simbel
- Day 9: Cairo
- Day 10: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 20, 2017
What hotels do you use for the "Jewel of the Nile" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Le Meridien Pyramids, Cairo
- M/S Farah, Nile Cruising
- Amarco Nile Cruise, Nile Cruising
- Conrad Hotel, Cairo
- InterContinental Semiramis, Cairo
- November 1, 2016
I will be arriving earlier than the scheduled time for the tour to start, I would like to book my night accommodation independently and I would like to know if the arrival transfer is included.
You can book your own accommodation for your arrival without forfeiting the included transfer, however please note it is likely you will need to change rooms during the day.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Jewel of the Nile - 10 days
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to CairoOnly 3 seats left$52USD $2,095Based on Double Room
- FridayJun 22, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$359$2,095-15%USD $1,781Based on Double Room
- FridayJul 6, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$52USD $2,095Based on Double Room
- FridayJul 20, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Cairo9 seats left$359$2,095-15%USD $1,781Based on Double Room
- FridayAug 3, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$359$2,095-15%USD $1,781Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$359$2,095-15%USD $1,781Based on Double Room
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$62USD $2,495Based on Double Room
- FridaySep 21, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$62USD $2,495Based on Double Room
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$62USD $2,495Based on Double Room
- FridayOct 12, 2018from Cairo10 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$62USD $2,495Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 August 2018 the full payment of $1,781 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1781 for Jewel of the Nile - 10 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 490 km
- Valley of the Kings (Egypt)
- 14 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 138 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,781 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,081 tours in Africa
- covered by 101 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Jewel of the Nile - 10 days