Budapest to Istanbul
- Our saving
- US $ 1,869
- Explore Buda Castle and the streets of Pest
- Learn about history of Bucharest
- See the vibrant city of Sofia
- Walking tour of Istanbul and the Blue Mosque
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- RebeccaWritten on September 5, 20184.0 - Good
I would have wanted the Rila Monastery included in the itinerary. Our tour leader, Vlad, was everything (and more) that one can ask for in a guide.It was evident that he was well-read about the history of the places we saw. He even included images to show... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the kind words bout Vlad, we will pass them on. Also, we will take on board your comment about the Rila Monastery being included - thank you.
- GordonWritten on September 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great leader, interesting destinations. Would have never seen many of these places on my own.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Budapest
- Day 2 Budapest/Sibiu (1B)
- Day 3 Sibiu/Sighișoara
- Day 4 Sighișoara/Braşov (1B)
- Day 5 Braşov (1B)
- Day 6 Braşov/Bucharest (1B)
- Day 7 Bucharest/Veliko Tarnovo (1B)
- Day 8 Veliko Tarnovo (1B)
- Day 9 Veliko Tarnovo/Sofia (1B)
- Day 10 Sofia/Plovdiv (1B)
- Day 11 Plovdiv/Istanbul (1B)
- Day 12 Istanbul
- Day 13 Istanbul (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the accommodation arranged for this tour?
Accommodations aren't booked til a bit closer to your departure date, as G Adventures works with a few different properties in each location.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Leslie3rd September 2018
Budapest to Istanbul
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to IstanbulOnly 2 seats left$423$2,199-15%USD $1,869Book Now Hold my
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Istanbul9 seats left$423$2,199-15%USD $1,869
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$423$2,199-15%USD $1,869
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayJul 19, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$423$2,199-15%USD $1,869
- SundayJul 28, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayAug 9, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$423$2,199-15%USD $1,869
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridaySep 6, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$110USD $2,199
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$110USD $2,199
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayOct 11, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$110USD $2,199
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$110USD $2,199
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Istanbul is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 January 2019 the full payment of $1,869 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1869 for Budapest to Istanbul, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 460 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 245 km
- Belogradchik (Bulgaria)
- 116 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 132 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 374 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,869 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,448 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budapest to Istanbul