Budapest to Istanbul
Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 25 Apr 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 2,111
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Explore Buda Castle and the streets of Pest
- Learn about history of Bucharest
- See the vibrant city of Sofia
- Walking tour of Istanbul and the Blue Mosque
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
Start in Budapest and end in Istanbul! With the train & rail tour Budapest to Istanbul, you have a 13 day tour package taking you from Budapest to Istanbul and through Budapest, Hungary and 8 other destinations in Europe. Budapest to Istanbul is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- GordonWritten on September 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreat leader, interesting destinations. Would have never seen many of these places on my own.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Budapest
- Day 2 Budapest/Sibiu (1B)
- Day 3 Sibiu/Sighișoara
- Day 4 Sighișoara/Braşov (1B)
- Day 5 Braşov (1B)
- Day 6 Braşov/Bucharest (1B)
- Day 7 Bucharest/Veliko Tarnovo (1B)
- Day 8 Veliko Tarnovo (1B)
- Day 9 Veliko Tarnovo/Sofia (1B)
- Day 10 Sofia/Plovdiv (1B)
- Day 11 Plovdiv/Istanbul (1B)
- Day 12 Istanbul
- Day 13 Istanbul (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 24, 2015
When is the accommodation arranged for this tour?
Accommodations aren't booked til a bit closer to your departure date, as G Adventures works with a few different properties in each location.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Benny A31st January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Budapest to Istanbul
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Budapest13 DaysTuesdayAug 7, 2018to Istanbul9 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $96USD $2,303
- ThursdayAug 9, 2018from Budapest13 DaysTuesdayAug 21, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $96USD $2,303
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Budapest13 DaysTuesdaySep 4, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $96USD $2,303
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Budapest13 DaysTuesdaySep 25, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $92USD $2,207
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Budapest13 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to Istanbul8 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $92USD $2,207
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Budapest13 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $88USD $2,111
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $88USD $2,111
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $88USD $2,111
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $88USD $2,111
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Budapest13 DaysFridayJul 19, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $88USD $2,111
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Istanbul is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 June 2018 the full payment of $2,111 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2111 for Budapest to Istanbul, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,712 km.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 460 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 245 km
- Belogradchik (Bulgaria)
- 116 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 132 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 374 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,111 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,672 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budapest to Istanbul