Budapest to Istanbul
- Our saving
- US $ 2,199
Unlock $55 in extra savingsCheck availability
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Explore Buda Castle and the streets of Pest
- Learn about history of Bucharest
- See the vibrant city of Sofia
- Walking tour of Istanbul and the Blue Mosque
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
Start in Budapest and end in Istanbul! With the train & rail tour Budapest to Istanbul, you have a 13 day tour package taking you from Budapest to Istanbul and through Budapest, Hungary and 8 other destinations in Europe. Budapest to Istanbul is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- GordonWritten on September 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreat leader, interesting destinations. Would have never seen many of these places on my own.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Budapest
- Day 2 Budapest/Sibiu (1B)
- Day 3 Sibiu/Sighișoara
- Day 4 Sighișoara/Braşov (1B)
- Day 5 Braşov (1B)
- Day 6 Braşov/Bucharest (1B)
- Day 7 Bucharest/Veliko Tarnovo (1B)
- Day 8 Veliko Tarnovo (1B)
- Day 9 Veliko Tarnovo/Sofia (1B)
- Day 10 Sofia/Plovdiv (1B)
- Day 11 Plovdiv/Istanbul (1B)
- Day 12 Istanbul
- Day 13 Istanbul (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 24, 2015
When is the accommodation arranged for this tour?
Accommodations aren't booked til a bit closer to your departure date, as G Adventures works with a few different properties in each location.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tania, 37 years old16th September 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Budapest to Istanbul
STARTENDOUR SAVING PRICE SPACE LEFT
- SaturdayOct 21, 2017from BudapestThursdayNov 2, 2017in IstanbulOur saving$55PriceUSD $2,199Only 2 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Istanbul is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2017 the full payment of $2,199 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2199 for Budapest to Istanbul, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,712 km.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 460 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 245 km
- Belogradchik (Bulgaria)
- 116 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 132 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 374 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,199 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,425 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 5 travellers have already met
before they left for Budapest to Istanbul tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budapest to Istanbul