New Zealand Discovery Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 2,622
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Jessica "The 24 day tour exceeded my expectations and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to experience and discover NZ. The itinerary was well thought out, with every single day packed with awesome scenery and adventure leaving me in awe. The optional activities on offer were super fun and there was always an alternative free option, such as walks. Our guide Robbie was great and was extremely organis..."
- Taste traditional Hangi in Rotorua
- Go whale watching in Kaikoura
- Visit Wellington’s funky bars and cafes
- Hike the Franz Josef and Fox glaciers
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Berth / Cabin, Lodge, Motel
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle, Mini-coach
Start in Auckland and end in Christchurch! With the adventure tour New Zealand Discovery Tour, you have a 21 day tour package taking you from Auckland to Christchurch and through Auckland, New Zealand and 16 other destinations in New Zealand. New Zealand Discovery Tour is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as flights, an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- StephenWritten on May 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe did the full 21 day tour and loved our time. You really get to tick off just about every major hot spot that you will want to visit on a 3 week trip to New Zealand. The van was super comfortable and the guides were great. Highly recommend checking out Wild Kiwi because travelling with 8-15 people is way better than a bus full of 50 other travelers. You will always have a better experience with smaller groups!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThank you for the amazing review! We're so glad you enjoyed our small groups!
- NiklasWritten on February 14, 20184.5 - ExcellentAmazing Tour, Awesome Places. Amazing Tour guide. Thanks Robbie.Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for the great review Niklas!
- AAAliceWritten on January 17, 20184.0 - GoodI have just returned from the most fantastic time in beautiful New Zealand. Departing for the 24 Day New Zealand Discovery Tour on December 23rd 2017, little did I know what was ahead of me. From day one, I was quickly immersed in the New Zealand culture, landscape and stories of its history and current stance on the environment, politics, social, economical and humanitarian pathways. This was all thanks to Robbie our wonderful guide. Starting as a group of 16 for the Northern Trail and ending as a group of 9 of us who completed the whole 24 Day Tour, Robbie was incredibly organised, highly energetic, always on point and patient (mostly with the playlists we forced him to listen to on our drives, along with our incredibly high end singing and professional harmonizing to such playlists). His knowledge of New Zealand is outstanding, including his answers for the random, insignificant little queries we threw his way (sometimes just to test him) as well as his 'typical' Kiwi humour which was refreshing. Robbie made the tour one of a kind and as I am someone who travels alone a lot of the time as I do not enjoy group tours, this was of great importance. The tour itinerary has been well thought out and although I do wish we stayed multiple evenings at some locations as there was simply too much to do in one day, this gives me a great opportunity to return and continue to discover the delights of the places I felt a connection to...perhaps even as a part of another Wild Kiwi tour. If there was anything to 'complain' about it would be that there is a lot of driving as we did need to cover a huge amount of land in a short period of time however, these long drives also allowed us to stop off at little spots to stretch our legs and have the opportunity to check out little hidden gems of the country that I most certainly would have missed if I wasn't travelling with Wild Kiwi. They also gave us the time to get to know each other and get creative with conversations. Most importantly, the people this tour attracted were the most wonderful travel companions. I think the target demographic that Wild Kiwi markets to is completely on point. I have met some incredibly fascinating characters who I will most certainly remain friends with for years to come. It was quite surprising to me how quickly we all bonded and although it was 24 days in each others pockets, I have left feeling like I've known most for a lifetime. If you are an avid traveler who is a little skeptical about touring with a group of people, I would highly suggest you look into touring with Wild Kiwi. The small group numbers, organisation of the company keeping you updated with the tour planning and any changes to schedules as well as the personal approach taken by the company and guides makes everything a breeze. If you don't have time to plan a trip yourself but need to get away, Wild Kiwi are your go to for this. The planning was seamless and for the first time ever, I didn't have to stress about making time to plan a trip that I know I will love, it was done for me. Thank you to Robbie and the Wild Kiwi crew for a fantastic adventure and for sharing your spectacular land with me. I'll be back!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewThanks for such a fantastic review Alice! We're so glad you had such a great time with us! Please do come and travel with us again!
- JFJessicaWritten on December 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe 24 day tour exceeded my expectations and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to experience and discover NZ. The itinerary was well thought out, with every single day packed with awesome scenery and adventure leaving me in awe. The optional activities on offer were super fun and there was always an alternative free option, such as walks. Our guide Robbie was great and was extremely organised which made the trip flow smoothly. The small group meant that I made lifelong friends and there's no time in organising big groups for check ins/toilet stops etc. My advice would be to just book it!Show detailed ratingsWild Kiwi commented on this reviewWoohoo! We're so glad you had a great time Jess. The photos are amazing! Thank you for such a great review!!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 AUCKLAND - RAGLAN
- Day 2 RAGLAN - TAUPO (via WAITOMO)
- Day 3 TAUPO - NAPIER
- Day 4 NAPIER - ROTORUA
- Day 5 ROTORUA
- Day 6 ROTORUA - COROMANDEL
- Day 7 COROMANDEL - AUCKLAND
- Day 8 CHRISTCHURCH FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER
- Day 9 FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER
- Day 10 FRANZ JOSEF QUEENSTOWN
- Day 11 QUEENSTOWN & MILFORD SOUND
- Day 12 QUEENSTOWN
- Day 13 MOUNT COOK
- Day 14 MT COOK CHRISTCHURCH
- DAY 15 - CHRISTCHURCH KAIKOURA
- DAY 16 - KAIKOURA PICTON
- DAY 17 - PICTON ABEL TASMAN
- DAY 18 - ABEL TASMAN
- DAY 19 - ABEL TASMAN PUNAKAIKI
- DAY 20 - PUNAKAIKI HOKITIKA
- DAY 21 - HOKITIKA CHRISTCHURCH
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Wild Kiwi New Zealand Adventure Tours
- Wild Kiwi - Your Custom Vehicle
- Wild Kiwi - Jump In
- Wild Kiwi - BBQ with a view
- Wild Kiwi - Adrenaline Rush
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
New Zealand Discovery Tour
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayAug 17, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Auckland21 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$81USD $2,622
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 15% to confirm this Wild Kiwi booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $2,622 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2622 for New Zealand Discovery Tour, but the deposit of 15% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wild Kiwi will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wild Kiwi tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 3,230 km.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 106 km
- Raglan (New Zealand)
- 55 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 96 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 116 km
- Napier (New Zealand)
- 161 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 167 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 764 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,622 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 819 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 56 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for New Zealand Discovery Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on New Zealand Discovery Tour