Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 3,642
Other reviews about Intrepid Travel:Write a review
- Carmen Marisa Villaroman's review about another Intrepid Travel tour4.0 - GoodReally awesome! I enjoyed it immensely plus our guide Jay was so accommodating to everyone's personal wants to the tour.... Read more
- Liam's review about another Intrepid Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentAmazing scenery and great group of people to travel with.
- Damien's review about another Intrepid Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentSeeing the majesty of the rockies firsthand was a dream come true.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Edmonton
- Day 2: Peace River
- Day 3: Peace River
- Day 4: Jasper
- Day 5: Jasper
- Day 6: Lake Louise
- Day 7: Lake Louise
- Day 8: Banff
- Day 9: Banff National Park
- Day 10: Banff/Canmore
- Day 11: Calgary
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at a few optimal times during the year, which ensures that the skies are dark enough to see the lights. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that Intrepid won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. Intrepid will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights!
That being said, this tour offers numerous unforgettable experiences. You will see the frozen waterfalls of Maligne Canyon, drive along the renown Icefields Parkway, and spot moose, elk, and deer on your journey through this vast and wonderful landscape.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gregory6th September 2018
Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayDec 19, 2018to Calgary5 seats left$573$4,215-14%USD $3,642
- SundayJan 20, 2019from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayJan 30, 2019to Calgary10+ seats left$596$4,385-14%USD $3,789
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayMar 13, 2019to Calgary9 seats left$596$4,385-14%USD $3,789
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayDec 18, 2019to Calgary10+ seats left$175USD $4,210
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Edmonton is the starting point and Calgary is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 November 2018 the full payment of $3,642 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3642 for Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edmonton (Canada)
- 385 km
- Peace River (Canada)
- 369 km
- Jasper National Park (Canada)
- 92 km
- Columbian Icefields (Canada)
- 4 km
- Athabasca Glacier (Canada)
- 112 km
- Lake Louise (Canada)
- 22 km
- Banff National Park (Canada)
- 61 km
- Canmore (Canada)
- 90 km
- Calgary (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,642 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,904 tours in North America
- covered by 69 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2,092 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers