Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 4,062
- Carmen Marisa Villaroman's review about another Intrepid Travel tour4.0 - Good
Really awesome! I enjoyed it immensely plus our guide Jay was so accommodating to everyone's personal wants to the tour. Also he's really versatile and knows exactly how to time everything so we're not bothered too much by the tourist rushes. It was so... Read more
- Jake Svensson's review about another Intrepid Travel tour5.0 - Excellent
Trip leader Michelle Tepel was incredible, with an amazing sense of humour and patience personified! The participatory camping was an awesome way to explore this region with a food kitty enabling your budget to go a long way! The hikes, lakes, glaciers,... Read more
- Liam's review about another Intrepid Travel tour5.0 - Excellent
Amazing scenery and great group of people to travel with.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Edmonton
- Day 2: Peace River
- Day 3: Peace River
- Day 4: Jasper
- Day 5: Jasper
- Day 6: Lake Louise
- Day 7: Lake Louise
- Day 8: Banff
- Day 9: Banff National Park
- Day 10: Banff/Canmore
- Day 11: Calgary
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at a few optimal times during the year, which ensures that the skies are dark enough to see the lights. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that Intrepid won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. Intrepid will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights!
That being said, this tour offers numerous unforgettable experiences. You will see the frozen waterfalls of Maligne Canyon, drive along the renown Icefields Parkway, and spot moose, elk, and deer on your journey through this vast and wonderful landscape.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Deborah31st October 2018
Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayMar 13, 2019to Calgary9 seats left$323$4,385-7%USD $4,062
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayDec 18, 2019to Calgary10+ seats left$110USD $4,275
- SundayJan 19, 2020from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayJan 29, 2020to Calgary10+ seats left$115USD $4,490
- SundayMar 1, 2020from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayMar 11, 2020to Calgary10+ seats left$115USD $4,490
- SundayDec 6, 2020from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayDec 16, 2020to Calgary10+ seats left$110USD $4,275
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Edmonton is the starting point and Calgary is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 February 2019 the full payment of $4,062 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4062 for Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edmonton (Canada)
- 385 km
- Peace River (Canada)
- 369 km
- Jasper National Park (Canada)
- 92 km
- Columbian Icefields (Canada)
- 4 km
- Athabasca Glacier (Canada)
- 112 km
- Lake Louise (Canada)
- 22 km
- Banff National Park (Canada)
- 61 km
- Canmore (Canada)
- 90 km
- Calgary (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,062 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,877 tours in North America
- covered by 79 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2,104 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers