Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 4,197
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Edmonton
- Day 2: Peace River
- Day 3: Peace River
- Day 4: Jasper
- Day 5: Jasper
- Day 6: Lake Louise
- Day 7: Lake Louise
- Day 8: Banff
- Day 9: Banff National Park
- Day 10: Banff/Canmore
- Day 11: Calgary
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Ana Catarina Ramos's review about another Intrepid Travel tour4.0 - Good
Very nice trip in the Canadian Rockies!! The itinerary was perfect!! The places seen are beautiful. It was an amazing experience
- Gemma Musić's review about another Intrepid Travel tour5.0 - Excellent
MICHELLE WAS AN ABSOLUTE SUPERSTAR!! Her enthusiasm and energy was incredible, and her knowledge of the Rockies was unbelievable! Great trip, but it was even better thanks to Michelle!
- Carmen Marisa Villaroman's review about another Intrepid Travel tour4.0 - Good
Really awesome! I enjoyed it immensely plus our guide Jay was so accommodating to everyone's personal wants to the tour. Also he's really versatile and knows exactly how to time everything so we're not bothered too much by the tourist rushes. It was so... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at a few optimal times during the year, which ensures that the skies are dark enough to see the lights. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that Intrepid won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. Intrepid will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights!
That being said, this tour offers numerous unforgettable experiences. You will see the frozen waterfalls of Maligne Canyon, drive along the renown Icefields Parkway, and spot moose, elk, and deer on your journey through this vast and wonderful landscape.
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Main Page Video
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Summer
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Winter
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Linda18th July 2019
Canadian Rockies & Northern Lights
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayDec 18, 2019to Calgary0 seats left$121USD $4,704Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayDec 29, 2019from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayJan 8, 2020to Calgary10+ seats left$110USD $4,275
- SundayJan 19, 2020from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayJan 29, 2020to Calgary9 seats left$108USD $4,197
- SundayMar 1, 2020from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayMar 11, 2020to Calgary10+ seats left$108USD $4,197
- SundayDec 6, 2020from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayDec 16, 2020to Calgary10+ seats left$108USD $4,197
- SundayDec 20, 2020from Edmonton11 DaysWednesdayDec 30, 2020to Calgary10+ seats left$108USD $4,197
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Edmonton is the starting point and Calgary is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 18 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 18 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Edmonton (Canada)
- 385 km
- Peace River (Canada)
- 369 km
- Jasper National Park (Canada)
- 92 km
- Columbian Icefields (Canada)
- 4 km
- Athabasca Glacier (Canada)
- 112 km
- Lake Louise (Canada)
- 22 km
- Banff National Park (Canada)
- 61 km
- Canmore (Canada)
- 90 km
- Calgary (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,197 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,971 tours in North America
- covered by 111 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2,689 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers