African Safari & Beach Holidays
Torn between an exciting safari adventure and an idyllic beach getaway? A safari and beach holiday is the perfect compromise! Taking you from iconic game reserves to the serene seashore, this type of once-in-a-lifetime holiday combines the very best of both worlds — all in a single break.
Best safari and beach holiday destinations
Tanzania safari and beach holiday
- Serengeti National Park: This reserve offers some of the best wildlife viewings on the planet, along with the largest population of lions anywhere in the world
- Mount Kilimanjaro: For a dose of adventure, add a Kilimanjaro trek to your holiday
- Ngorongoro Crater: This breathtakingly beautiful setting is one of the best places in Tanzania to see the Big Five
- Olduvai Gorge: This fascinating paleoanthropological site is a must-visit attraction for history buffs
- Zanzibar: Swim, snorkel, or lounge the hours away at this tranquil beach destination
Safari and beach tour deals
Top Kenya beach tours
Frequently asked questions
Safari or beach first?
We usually recommend doing the safari part of your holiday first and ending your trip on the beach. This will give a real sense of balance to your safari experience. Safaris can be tiring because the game drives depart at the crack of dawn when the wildlife is at its most active. Your friendly wake up call can be as early as 5:00am.
Do you have any packing tips for a safari and beach trip?
While you’re packing list will vary depending on several factors, there are a few essential items you’ll need on every safari excursion. Minimal and lightweight earth-toned clothing is an absolute necessity, along with a windbreaker or warm layers for early mornings and chilly evenings. Check out our Ultimate Safari Packing List for more tips.
How can I book a beach safari?
TourRadar makes it easy to book your perfect safari and beach holiday. Simply browse through our Africa Beach Tours and Holiday Packages, choose the dates and destinations that most appeal to you, and then book your dream safari holiday online!
How to choose the right safari?
The first step to deciding on the perfect safari is to consider what species you most want to see, what landscapes you’re intrigued by, and what activities are at the top of your safari wishlist. Once you’ve determined these factors, you’ll have a much easier time narrowing down the options to find the ideal safari for you.
Contact our Travel Experts
+1 844 311 3006
Our team of experienced tour specialists have travelled to hundreds of countries around the globe and have decades of first-hand travel experience to share. Contact us now to have all of your tour-related questions answered!