The Best of Austria & Switzerland with Romantic Rhine
Start in Vienna and end in Amsterdam ! With the river cruise tour The Best of Austria & Switzerland with Romantic Rhine, you have a 18 day tour package taking you through Vienna, Austria and 23 other destinations in Europe. The Best of Austria & Switzerland with Romantic Rhine includes meals
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Stateroom / Suite
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about Avalon Waterways:Write a review
- MARIE TURKSTRA's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentFirst class all the way
- Robert E Jancar's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentIt exceeded my expectations. The cruise director was outstanding, both informative and entertaining. The food was also ... Read more
- Madeline and Allen Pask's review about another Avalon Waterways tour5.0 - ExcellentWe did the cruise WVN 1129 it was so wonderful and exciting we had a fabulous time
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Arrive in Vienna, Austria
- Day 2 - Vienna
- Day 3 - Vienna–Melk–Mondsee, Salzburg
- Day 4 - At Leisure in Salzburg
- Day 5 - Salzburg–Innsbruck–St Moritz, Switzerland
- Day 6 - St Moritz–Chur–Täsch–Zermatt
- Day 7 - At Leisure in Zermatt
- Day 8 - Zermatt–Berne
- Day 9 - Berne–Interlaken–Lucerne
- Day 10 - Lucerne
- Day 11 - Lucerne–Zürich–Basel (Embarkation)
- Day 12 - Breisach, Germany Excursion to the Black Forest
- Day 13 - Strasbourg, France
- Day 14 - Excursion to Heidelberg, Germany–Mainz
- Day 15 - Rüdesheim–Rhine Gorge–Koblenz
- Day 16 - Cologne
- Day 17 - Amsterdam, Holland
- Day 18 - Amsterdam (Disembarkation)
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Edith, 72 years old29th September 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroAustria , Germany , France and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Amsterdam is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Avalon Waterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Avalon Waterways booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 January 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for The Best of Austria & Switzerland with Romantic Rhine, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Avalon Waterways tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,767 km.
- Vienna (Austria)
- 76 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 155 km
- Mondsee (Austria)
- 22 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 138 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 147 km
- St Moritz (Switzerland)
- 47 km
- Chur (Switzerland)
- 160 km
- Tasch (Switzerland)
- 6 km
- Zermatt (Switzerland)
- 106 km
- Bern (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,509 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 22,995 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours