8 Day Vancouver Island Adventure Tour
- +8 Destinations
- West Coast Canada
- Age range
- 5 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- CChrisHendersonWritten on October 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a fantastic holiday. We met a great group of people and saw loads of stunning, and often undiscovered places. Alex's local knowledge was exceptional - and he went to great lengths to make sure he was meeting everyone's needs. As just one example, both my wife and I have awkward dietary requirements and he catered for us at every meal - producing amazingly good food considering we were camping. We'd recommend Fresh Adventures to anyone and everyone!Show detailed ratings
- RRodHuckWritten on August 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur recently completed Fresh Adventures “Vancouver Island Adventure” was simply put, an incredible experience all around that we will treasure as one of our lifelong most memorable trips. Alex, the owner, delivered a unique connectivity with the awesome natural beauty and diversity of Vancouver Island for everyone irrespective of camping/hiking/paddling skills. Each day was jam packed with adventure and quality of food one might expect to get at a fine restaurant. From the first growth forests of Cathedral Grove to riding a pack freighter through Barkley Sound to sea kayaking out of protected islands near Torino and the expansive splendor and ruggedness of Strathcona Park as experienced by hiking to high mountain lakes, our 8 days flew by however our memories are indelibly etched in our souls. Were it possible, we’d give Alex and Fresh Adventures a 6 on a 1-5 scale. We enthusiastically recommend doing this trip !Show detailed ratings
- KKathyWritten on August 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe did the 6 day Vancouver Island tour with Alex. He is a terrific tour guide, taking us on scenic hikes with breathtaking views of remote beaches and mountains. Our campsites were in great locations and Alex cooked awesome meals. His knowledge of western Canada and general outdoor life is amazing. We were 1st time campers and this trip exceeded our expectations. Hoping to do his Rockies tour next year! Highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
- KKathiGentzlerWritten on August 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentI give five stars for every category because I'm not allowed to give more. Alex is an amazing, energetic and passionate guide (and his cooking skills are ninja). He knows exactly what he's doing, and led us to the most amazing, beautiful and peaceful areas we would never have been able to experience on our own. I can't say enough good things about this trip and Alex.Show detailed ratings
- LTLydiaWritten on September 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just came back from the 8 Day Vancouver Island trip. All in all a wonderful experience, a truly unique and awe inspiring adventure - don't book this if you want the luxury of preening 4 times a day but do go if you want a 5* experience, if you want to see loads of different animals, amazing scenery, feel dwarfed by 250 foot (75 m) trees, pause as a bear strolls in front of the van, paddle to a waterfall in a canoe, jump in to sparkling lakes, watch whales, seals, sea lions in their natural habitat and generally learn more about this fascinating part of the world. Alex's professionalism should be commended, the organisation was faultless and the food was exemplary, most of all he went over and beyond to ensure everyone had a great time. I would strongly recommend this tour, especially to those looking for an escape to nature.Show detailed ratingsFresh Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much for taking the time to review Lydia. I really enjoyed meeting you and am glad you enjoyed the tour. I would love to see you again for a tour of the Rockies this summer. Stay cool!
- VTValerieWritten on August 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe just returned from the 8 day camping trip on Vancouver Island with Fresh Adventures. Great food, scenery, camp sites, wild life and travel mates. Even the weather cooperated. We visited wonderful places and did some great hikes. Alex is a super guide and so passionate and knowledgeable about the Island. Everything was very organized and we returned home with many great memories and photos. Would definitely recommend it to others.Show detailed ratingsFresh Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much for the amazing review! I really enjoyed having you on the tour and am so glad to hear you had a good time. Please keep in touch and hopefully we will see you again soon in the future!
- VVitalinaWritten on August 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe booked 8 day hiking tour of the Vancouver island with Fresh Adventures. It was my first camping and multiday hiking trip. For something to be memorable, it has to be just a tad harder than everyday experience. This trip provided just that. Alex provided lessons to anyone who wanted to learn (setting up tents, climbing a small rock wall, cooking, learning to recognize wild berries and tree species, best way to deal with bears, island history). At the same time Alex always had back-up plans for anyone who needed a different activity. I enjoyed every minute of it and look forward to coming back.Show detailed ratingsFresh Adventures commented on this reviewVitalina, thanks so much for the great review! It was so nice to meet you all and I am really glad you had a good time. Thanks for helping so much as well! I hope to see you again on a Rockies or Yukon tour. Keep in touch!
- ALAnnWritten on June 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just finished the 8-day Vancouver Island camping tour and it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Every day brought new surprises and wonderful places to discover and it really felt like our tour guide Alex was passionate about showing off some hidden gems of the area. He was so friendly and accommodating, and did an amazing job ensuring everyone was having a good time. The food was an extra bonus - no hamburgs and hotdogs on this tour! I left on the last day sad to end the tour and can't wait to return again for another adventure.Show detailed ratingsFresh Adventures commented on this reviewAnn, thanks so much for your amazing review. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time out here. I can't wait for you to return for another adventure either!
- DMDrewWritten on April 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe perfect camping trip to get a taste of all that Vancouver Island has to offer! Alex is super knowledgeable when it comes to camping and made for a great guide. Food was delicious, camp sites were awesome and the scenery was spectacular. Highly recommended!Show detailed ratingsFresh Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much for the great review Drew! You were an amazing member of the team and I am glad you enjoyed your tour. Looking forward to seeing you again and I hope you had a good winter. Come visit!
- LLeaWritten on April 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentLast year we wanted to explore the west coast of Canada and found the Vancouver Island tour from Fresh Adventures. Overall we loved the tour and cant wait to go back to Vancouver Island. My husband loved exploring the rain forest and old growth trees while the Gulf Islands and ocean safaris were more my thing. We saw a bear and lots of porpoises as well as several seals and sea lions. The eagles were everywhere too! Glad we took this tour and hoping to do another in the future.Show detailed ratingsFresh Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much for the lovely review Lea. I loved having you and Ian on the tour and I am glad you had a great time. Looking forward to your next visit! Hope Kailee is growing strong and learning to swim for her surfing tour in the future!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Victoria city tour
- Day 2: Port Renfrew and giant trees
- Day 3: Barkley Sound
- Day 4: Tofino
- Day 5: Coombs and waterfalls
- Day 6: Strathcona Provincial Park
- Day 7: Campbell River and Gulf Island vibes
- Day 8: South to Victoria
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Explore Vancouver Island
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does this tour have any specific fitness requirements?
There is no specific fitness requirement for the tour. We cater to all sorts of fitness levels and adapt each hike and activity to make sure that there are options for everyone.
What is the group size of this tour?
Our groups are generally up to 10 people, and the average for our Island tours are a little smaller than that.
Would I need to carry my luggage with me or is there some sort of transport along the way?
You won't need to carry your luggage, as it will be transported in a vehicle. You may wish you bring a small day bag with you each day to hold personal items like your camera, sun screen etc.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Just an awkwardly tall, friendly Canuck who wants to help you live your dreams. Kind of a typical Canadian..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Victoria.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Fresh Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 December 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for 8 Day Vancouver Island Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Fresh Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Fresh Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Victoria (Canada)
- 80 km
- Port Renfrew (Canada)
- 92 km
- Sproat Lake (Canada)
- 44 km
- Barkley Sound (Canada)
- 54 km
- Tofino (Canada)
- 108 km
- Coombs (Canada)
- 104 km
- Strathcona Provincial Park (Canada)
- 53 km
- Campbell River (Canada)
- 187 km
- Gulf Islands (Canada)
- 46 km
- Victoria (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,808 tours in North America
- covered by 68 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 8 Day Vancouver Island Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 8 Day Vancouver Island Adventure Tour