8-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 14:54:13
- Our saving
- US $ 731
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Zoe "Honestly the most unusual, beautiful and adventurous hoiday we've ever been on. The organization by Thomas and Helena made sure we could completely relax while we were away; from the quaint swedish hostel to the food shopping and guide book - everything was thought of! and whats more they are lovely people with great stories when travelling too and from the pick ups. Would recommend this holiday ..."
Start in Aspoja and end in Fyrudden! With the kayak & canoe tour 8-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided, you have a 8 day tour package taking you from Aspoja to Fyrudden and through Aspoja, Sweden and 5 other destinations in Sweden. 8-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as transport and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- All Inclusive
- Rather Poor
- VerenaWritten on August 21, 20155.0 - ExcellentI am usually more into hiking rather than water sports, but my partner wanted to go kayaking in Scandinavia. After some googling we found several operators that offered kayaking tours in Sweden, but the website from Do the North was the most informative and best structured one. The reviews were all very positive and therefore we decided to give it a go. Despite not having had any kayaking experience at all this trip turned into a wonderful outdoor adventure! The guide, Thomas, was very helpful from the moment we first contacted him until the end of our tour. The equipment provided was very high quality and I felt that we really got great value for our money. I liked best that the tour was self-guided and that we were free to go wherever we wanted whenever we wanted. At the same time, however, the operator provided a safety net. Everything went smooth, but if something had gone wrong help would have only been a phone call away. I highly recommend this tour to everybody interested in kayaking and outdoor vacations. Even if water sport is not your thing (like in my case) this tour will make you change your mind and wanting to come back for more!Show detailed ratings
- MIMortenWritten on September 21, 20145.0 - ExcellentThis experience is really worth it all. We planned the trip in the last minute and only had little time for planning. With Do The North, Thomas and his team made planning an 8 days kayak trip very easy. All we had to do was to plan our meals and bring ourselves and something to wear. Do The North provided us with high quality equipment and everything we could possibly need for 8 days in the wild. It was the best vacation we have ever done and we cannot wait to do it again. St. Anna was beautiful and was a great area for sea kayaking for both beginners and experienced paddlers (we belongs to first category). Thomas gave us a great crash course to paddling, packing a kayak, and how to read a sea chart. This is really the way to relax, no internet, no cell phones, no stress - just you, your kayak, and lots of nature!!!Show detailed ratings
- SamarthWritten on September 7, 20145.0 - ExcellentMy brother and I (yeah it can be done, just a few arguments) did a 7 night trip with Do the North. St Anna and the rest of the Ostergotland archipelago is incredibly scenic, quiet, cut off from the world (in a good way): there's not much more I can say about it to be honest, that hasn't been said already, about how great it is. We went during the peak summer season, and we didn't experience rain once. The sun rises about 04h30 and sets about 22h00, but it only really gets dark after 23h00 Thomas, who runs DtN, has a pretty slick operation. Everything's pre-ordered (really plan your meals, that way you won't overspend on dinner; buy loads of snacks and drinks) and packed up ready for you. You get picked up from Norrkoping (make sure you book flights so that you have at least a day there in the regenerated industrial town) and taken to the kayaks and your gear. Thomas gives you really useful 101s in navigation and packing the kayak (he seems to pack it perfectly though, you'll never do it as quick or easy in reality), and then you set off. You can go wherever you want at whatever pace you want, and you have a phone to keep in contact with DtN if you need to -- they send daily weather reports too. The equipment's genuinely top Swedish quality (Hilleberg, Haglofs, Trangia ...), and it's clear a lot of care's gone into the tour. Thomas and Sam seemed to work around the clock, to pick people up, drop them off, get you insect repellent if you forgot it etc. It really shows, and it was worth the money.Show detailed ratings
- PaulWritten on August 19, 20134.5 - ExcellentGreat experience, fantastic holiday, great to know places like this exist!Show detailed ratings
- ZoeWritten on December 14, 20115.0 - ExcellentHonestly the most unusual, beautiful and adventurous hoiday we've ever been on. The organization by Thomas and Helena made sure we could completely relax while we were away; from the quaint swedish hostel to the food shopping and guide book - everything was thought of! and whats more they are lovely people with great stories when travelling too and from the pick ups. Would recommend this holiday to everybody, it can be whatever you want it to be. We ate plenty of good food, drank as much as we liked, camped in incredible places, paddled for hours a day and are so looking forward to doing it again in the near future.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 – Into the maze
- Day 2 – A band of islands against the horizon
- Day 3 – The village that time forgot
- Day 4 – A wood-fired sauna on the sea
- Day 5 – The abandoned copper mine
- Day 6 – A paddle to the end of the world
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Sweden. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Aspoja is the starting point and Fyrudden is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Do the North booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $731 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $731 for 8-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Do the North will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Do the North tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 70 km.
- Aspoja (Sweden)
- 12 km
- Missjo (Sweden)
- 8 km
- Harstena (Sweden)
- 9 km
- Fango (Sweden)
- 20 km
- Haradsskar (Sweden)
- 20 km
- Fyrudden (Sweden)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $731 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 8-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 8-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided